“Good beer in downtown Rock Island”
Review of The Blue Cat

The Blue Cat
Ranked #13 of 81 Restaurants in Rock Island
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Payson, Arizona
“Good beer in downtown Rock Island”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Decided to stop in here after for a cold beer after visiting the QC Botanical Garden in 90 plus degree heat. We arrived around 2pm after the lunch crowd had left and we were the only three in the place which made it nice and quiet. Enjoyed a couple of good brews and had a nice conversation with the bartender.

I can't comment on food since all we had were beers but did look at the menu and saw that it did have a good variety. Will definitely return in the future for another beer if I am in the neighborhood.

• Visited May 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Good brews & food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This large spacious establishment with some great micro brews to select. The menu offers some interesting items. Not a huge menu, but a fun selection for everyone. We started with the beef tip appetizer, which was nothing special and a little tough. My main course was the panko crusted grouper with jalapeno sauce. It was excellent. My friend had the catfish, which was good too. The micro brew - Hungarian Chili Ale was outstanding. Wish I could have had more. If you stop in, you will not be disappointed. Very causal.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank B W
Akron
“Great Beer Try the Sausage Platter”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Blue Cat was mentioned by people in the Holiday Inn nearby. The beer is very good and the selection is what you would expect in a brewpub. I ordered the local sausage selection that comes with black beans and rice. There is also garlic bread. The meal comes with an awesome beer mustard. Some of the sausage is very spicy but very good. My wife had the soup and sandwich. Be careful as the beer is very strong.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Michael V
St. Augustine FL
“Great beer on tap”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you are looking for a good microbrewery this is it. I took a group from work here this week for drinks and food.

The beer they have on tap is excellent and the pretzels are also a hit.

The food I would rate as average, but when you have a good beer......

For dinner I had the ribs, which were tender and tasted good. My wife had the sausage sampler, but was disappointed that the sausage all tasted the same. Maybe they ran out of the mix, but overall it was a nice evening.

• Visited April 2014
“Have never disliked a meal I've ordered yet.”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Of course I love this place, specialty beers, servers who know what to help suggest by your taste, comfortable setting. It's like the best version of a put, you could sit with friends, family, co- works or strangers and be comfortable for any duration of time. Set not far off the Mississippi so you can take a nice walk along the river, and grab a bite & beverage to start your night

• Visited November 2013