“Terrible service. Gave my group of 10 rooms smoking rooms after I specifically requested non-smoking.”

Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rock Island
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The smoke was like sleeping in a bar that had a bed and a shower. Stay away.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank bridgesc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
appleton wi
Reviewed 5 November 2011

excellent customer service from decsk - leanne was quick and friendly. bennigans was attached and was good for happy hour and meeting up with people. as it was right downtown and a nice night, was perfect for walk. went down to park next to river. great view. had dinner at a micrbrew pub down street that was recommended by desk. bluecat brew pub had very good selection of brews and a nice variety of food.

rooms were remodeled in an old hotel. good size, quiet, and clean. what wasnt as nice was the shower as it was difficult to use and bathroom was not as well remodeled. but water was hot and plentiful.

all in all, good stay

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank thomasannen
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I am a Priority Club Platinum member and stayed at the Holiday Inn Rock Island, IL for business the week of 10/17/11 through 10/21/11. The hotel staff was welcoming and the housekeeping staff did a good job cleaning my room and making sure I had a good stay. I gave the hotel a poor rating though due to the lack of parking, the environment of the surrounding area around the hotel, and the hotel being dated.

I don’t recommend the hotel to female travelers do to the aggressive panhandling I experienced on the side streets of the hotel due to not being able to park in their parking lot due to the lack of adequate parking spaces. I also gave the hotel low marks because of the extremely dated carpet, furniture, and towels inside my room.

In closing, the hotel needs to be renovated on the interior and the hotel needs to hire security staff to improve the safety and quality of stay for their customers. The staff however, did a good job and I don’t have anything but good things to say about them.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank elw72
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Front desk and location are the saviors of this place. I'm hoping the 4th floor is soon to be renovated. As a Platnium member I had hoped for an upgrade. No flat screens. Old towels. Noticeable water damage in the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Huberm
Chicago
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We stayed here for just a weekend getaway. They had a sign up saying "sorry for the mess while we renovate" Except we never saw any renovations. Must not of been on our floor. We stayed on the 8th floor, nice view. Room had an old smell to it. Everything else was fine. The shower took awhile to change temperatures. Its a great place to stay for bar hopping in the district. Other than that not much else is open

Room Tip: The 8th floor required your key card to access the floor. Nice view and a little more privacy if it...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hyperdog7
Sales18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Dear hapily-married,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Thank you for your input on the 8th floor key card access with the nice view of our downtown area.

I apologize for the inconvenience with the shower temperature. You may be happy to know that our hotel is currently undergoing renovations which involve updating the interior guest rooms including the bathroom.

We invite you back to try our hotel again in the near future. If there is anything we can do to ensure your stay is up to standards please let us know when you call to make your reservations.

Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience.

The Management and Staff
At the Holiday Inn – Rock Island
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed here Sept. 24th. I was in town for the marathon. Usually I stay at the Radisson which is right on the starting line of the race. This year I didn't get my room reserved there soon enough and chose the Holiday Inn instead. I do have to say from a runner's stand point it was kind of nice to get away from the "hub bub" of the race for a change instead of being right in there with all the chaos. The hotel is located in a nice, older part of town. There was a nice little coffee shop and a bar across the street. When I called to make my reservation I was told there would be a shuttle providing transportation to and from the race for any participants staying there. As this hotel was listed on the marathon website as a sponsor of the marathon I didn't think anymore of it. Upon check in when I asked about the shuttle the man behind the counter acted put upon when I asked about the shuttle saying he knew it would take us there but didn't think it would come back to pick us up. I wasn't really pleased with him through out the whole check in process. He was not very helpful with any questions. I had to park across the street in a parking deck and carried my luggage back over. Off I went to my room really looking forward to a nice hot shower. Wrong! There was no hot water! I thought maybe I was taking one at a high time that everyone else was too. There was no continental breakfast. I understand that in bigger cities - but out here - come on! Anyway, the next morning when I went down to catch my shuttle there were two different employees at the front desk. They were much more helpful and friendly. I did not get there names but they definately made up for the man I had the night before. The lady assured me she would drop all of us off and pick us all up after we were done. And she did! I called and she was there in 10 minutes. That was very nice! She did not make me wait for the other runners as it was cold and I was ready for a change of clothes. I was looking forward to a hot shower before I checked out - but once again it was cold! Very disappointed in that after running a race! So I just changed my clothes and hauled my luggage back across the street. As far as the luggage goes, I know I could have parked at the front door and taken it in and out before heading over to the parking deck. I just chose not to. So that really wasn't a big deal and no fault of the hotel. However, warm water would have been appreciated. They did have a huge plate of warm cookies sitting on the counter at check in - they were delicious!! You could hear everything in the hallways at night - I was woke up several times during the night by loud people in the hall ways!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Dear mustie,

Thank you for staying with us when you were in town to run the marathon. I’m happy to hear you liked the location of the hotel to “get away from the “hubbub” of the race and that we are located in a nice, older part of town”. I’m thrilled you received such wonderful customer service from the ladies at the front desk and that you did indeed have prompt shuttle service to/from the race.

However, I’m sorry to hear you had a not-so-pleasant encounter the night of your stay with our desk clerk. We frown upon unhappy guest service and I will take every measure to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. I apologize too for you not having any hot water during your stay. There is nothing as frustrating as having a cold shower. You’ll be happy to know that our maintenance crew has resolved this issue. Because our property has an on-site restaurant we are unable to provide a complimentary continental breakfast. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. They would welcome the opportunity to serve you breakfast the next time you stay with us.

Congratulations on running the marathon. I hope you placed well. And yes, the cookies are delicious!

The Management and Staff
of the Holiday Inn – Rock Island
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I live on the 4th floor. Its vending machine ran out of water. So I went up to 5th floor. Its vending machine didn't accept my dollar bills. I went up to 7. It ran out of water too; AND, it didn't return my money. I tried to call front desk using the house phone, it didn't connect.

I finally got two bottles of water from the 6th floor vending machine. I returned to my room, and tried to call the front desk. The phone didn't work.

What odd do I need to encounter all these broken things? My conclusion: this holiday is terribly maintained.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank charlesdwang
Dear charlesdwang,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I’m so sorry to hear of your troubling phone issues and the vending machines not working properly. The phones and vending machines should be in working order at all times. I hope you reported these issues to the front desk for our staff to promptly fix. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we are constantly on the lookout for areas of improvement.

The Management and Hotel Staff
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities

Been to Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities? Share your experiences!