My husband and I have stayed at this hotel overnight 3 times this summer. In May and July we were on the club floor (7 & 8). This stay we were on the 5th floor. In general the hallways are dingy and look like they are going to be updated but it has looked like this since last year.
The 5th floor was obviously a smoking floor, you could tell the minute you got off the elevator. Our toilet didn't work when we got to the room so we reported it before going to dinner. 2 hours later it still didn't work. In fact after reporting it a second and third time it still wasn't fix.
Upon complaining for a second time that I had to come to the lobby to go to the bathroom, the Front Desk clerk, James Huber (I think) removed the room charge. So he provide what I thought was the only proper response.
Since we had to use the bath towels to mop up the toilet overflow, we needed more. Since we were running a marathon that morning the Front Desk clerk told us to just stop back at the front desk and request towels. We did this only to be told that we have to find a maid and get them from her. I was not pleased that the hotel's problem was now mine to solve. That coupled with returning to the room to find and smell poop from the toilet that wasn't working drove me to my breaking point.
I am a loyal Priority Club member but will NEVER stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center - Rock Island centrally located in The Rock Island Arts & Entertainment District off I-280 / IL Highway 92 and moments away from the Quad City International Airport in Moline. We are conveniently located near the Rock Island Arsenal, Modern Woodmen, Deere & Company, Bituminous Insurance Co., Royal Neighbors, MidAmerican Energy, Trinity Medical Center, Augustana College, Kone, Circa 21 Dinner Playhouse and Quad City Botanical Center. Just the Place for You. Superior amenities and outstanding service await you at the Holiday Inn – Rock Island. We realize that not all travelers are alike, so our 175 guest rooms, suites and meeting space are designed to meet the needs of business and leisure travelers.*Spacious & comfortable workspace*Full-service meeting and banquet space*Complimentary high-speed wireless internet access in all guest & meeting rooms*Earn Priority Club points every time you stay*Full-service Bennigan’s Irish American Grill on-site*Kids Eat & Stay Free*24-hour Business center. The Holiday Inn – Rock Island features over 9,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. Whether planning a corporate event, an intimate cocktail party or a celebratory banquet, you will have our undivided attention. Stay you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rock Island Hotel Rock Island
- Rock Island Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities Illinois