“Exceptional renovation”

Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rock Island
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at this property earlier this week and was most impressed with the room renovations.
The décor is very nice! Bedding and pillows were amazing!!!
I also appreciated how quiet the hotel was---concrete walls between each room---it was nice not to hear the neighboring room cough or the room above me walking....as I have experienced at other hotels.
Although this hotel is an older building, the staff was exceptional and the renovations done so far are very nice.
Connie, the GM, has so much passion for her hotel as I had the pleasure speaking to her as well.
Great job overall and I look forward to my future visits at this hotel.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms would be exceptional if all in the same condition mine was---
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MIrvinGM
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear MIrvinGM,

Thank you for the outstanding 5 star review of your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. I am so pleased to learn you believe our hotel has had an ‘exceptional renovation’ and were ‘most impressed’ with your room renovations including the nice décor and the amazing bedding and pillows. Above all I am happy to learn our staff was exceptional during your stay. Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to your return visit.

Holiday Inn Rock Island – Quad Cities

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location, good places to eat. My problem is, you advertise a concierge floor, you tell me during check in that I need my special key because I'm platinum elite and on the concierge floor. Except the concierge floor is an empty room with a TV that doesn't work and nothing else. What exactly makes it a special floor? A concierge floor means there is food, snacks, drinks, for the elite members. That's my only issue with this hotel but for me, it's a big one. False advertising and flat out lying does not encourage coming back. If you say you have something, have it. Not an hour, one day a week , during times when no ones there.

• Stayed: June 2014
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Buck S,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay. We are pleased you like the location of our hotel with the many restaurants in the area. I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication with the concierge floor. The concierge floor is actually called the executive level. It has secured access with a lounge area for our platinum members to rest and relax. Once again, thank you for the opportunity to respond to your feedback. We thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club platinum elite member. We hope to see you again soon.

Holiday Inn

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We picked this hotel because it was at the end of my daily driving range and was close to night life in Rock Island. The check is was fast and friendly and the room had been upgraded. There is a Bennigans in the complex. The parking is a little rough which is par for a downtown hotel. We did not eat at the Holiday Inn but went to the bar which was nice. We would stay there again the next time I drive that way.

Room Tip: Most of the parking is across the street. It is still free and there are slots the Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Michael V,

Thank you for the kind 4 star review for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to your return visit.

Holiday Inn Rock Island – Quad Cities

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The facility is being upgraded, since it is older. My room was clean and quiet. The flat screen TV was large and modern. The heating/cooling controls should be updated, but I slept well.
A Bennigans restaurant is attached to the hotel. I received a 20% discount for breakfast.
After a long day on the road, having the restaurant this close is very convenient. I found my stay reasonable and the staff attentive. Their parking lot is small, but across the street is free covered parking, right next to the police station.

Room Tip: Get a top floor facing the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear B W,

Thank you for the 3-star review for your recent stay. We are pleased to learn our staff was attentive to your needs, your room was clean and quiet and our facility met your needs for a nice quiet reasonable stay. As part of the renovations the heating and a/c are on the agenda to be updated. Thank you again for posting your valuable feedback. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed for a weekend. The location was good because it was close to the bridge to Davenport. Check in and Check out were easy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I really liked the Touch Screen Map by the front desk to show you places to eat and places of interest in the area. I was surprised that they had "smoking rooms". Our room did smell like cigarettes but I opened a window and sprayed air freshener. The room size was ok and it was clean. The pillows and bed were not very comfortable.The rooms did not seem very sound proof. The doors to the rooms slam shut. We heard them all night. We did not have a problem with parking but we were there during the "off season" for the town.

Room Tip: If smoke smell bothers you make sure you are getting a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear LeahK123,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback for your recent stay. We are pleased to learn our staff were very friendly and helpful, our location was good for you, the check-in and check-out were easy for you as well. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. As part of the renovation, there are plans in progress to become a smoke-free hotel with new beds as well.

LeahK123, once the renovations are completed we hope you would return and visit us again soon. Thank you again for providing your valuable feedback. We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I typically enjoy my experiences at Holiday Inns, but this one in particular I didn't enjoy so much. The best part of my staying was the bill. The room had a good size, bed was good, everything clean. The bathroom had one of the tinyest sinks I had ever seen in an hotel... I could't get the heating to work. Fortunately it was not so chilly in the room, but it was not in the temperature I usually like it to be...
The hotel needs a renovation, everything inside the hotel gives it an aged look. The parking lot was small and we were instructed to park the car across the street, although this other parking lot didn't belong to the hotel.
During one of the nights I don't know what was happening in the hotel but there were people having loud conversations in the hallways at 11pm, at 1 am and than again at 2:30...
Based on the price I'd say the hotel is not that bad but I'll definitely look for other options next time I am around...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michal K
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Michal K,

Thank you for posting your valuable feedback for your recent stay with us. We are pleased to learn that your guest room was good. However, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. As part of the renovations, there are plans in progress for the guest bathrooms and the heat and a/c issues. However, the guest rooms themselves have already been renovated to be more modern and include all new décor, bedding, flat-screen TV’s along with a microwave and refrigerator in each room. Because we are a downtown location, our on-site parking is limited. So we have designated parking in the parking ramp across the street on the first and third floors.

Michael K, when the renovations are completed this year, we invite you to stay with us again. Once again, thank you for providing your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I think my stay at this hotel was decent and average. The hotel room was decent, the bed/pillows were comfortable, the staff was super friendly, and the hotel was close to Rock Island Arsenal. The bathroom could use an upgrade because water damage was noticeable and the shower/tub area wasn't pretty to look at. I tried turning on the A.C. and this did not blow out cold air. My room was very stuffy so I ended up opening a window and the cool air from outside was fine. I just wouldn't want to be in this hotel during the hot summer! The parking can be an issue and sometimes guests have to park across the street in a parking garage. This made me uneasy because I was alone and the area is not very busy and was dark. I did not eat at the hotel so I cannot review Bennigan's. There is a coffee shop (good chicken salad sandwich), bar, and Chinese restaurant across the street. I was able to drive to yummy restaurants close by (Moline side). The area around the hotel was very quiet and there is no traffic. In fact, with no activity, it was kind of eerie. My stay at this hotel was decent but if I'm ever in the area again I think I'll try a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AGM-222
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear AGM-222,

Thank you for providing feedback from your stay with us in April. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. We are pleased to learn your stay was good and our staff was super friendly. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. There are solutions in progress for the guest bathrooms and the a/c units. Because we are a downtown location, parking on site is limited. However, yes, there is extra parking in the ramp across the street on the first and third floors. We hope that you would visit us again once the renovations are completed later this year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Island
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities

Been to Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities? Share your experiences!