“Better than Expected”

Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rock Island
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were concerned about this older facility in an even older part of town, but it turned out great. As mentioned on this site and others, the rooms have been renovated. They were clean, quiet and comfortable. There was a public sitting area on our floor, where you could get out of the room, but still have the privacy and security of the hotel.The public areas weren't bad either. The indoor pool was nice, warm and clean. There is free coffee for guest in the lobby in the morning. The staff were friendly and helpful. In all, we were very satisfied with our stay. Parking can get a little crowded on the site, but they have auxiliary parking across the street that works okay.

Room Tip: Our room on one of the upper floors seemed more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Paul B,

Thank you for the wonderful 4 star review for your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. I am happy to hear your stay was “better than expected” and that our staff was friendly and helpful to you. Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. We look forward to your return visit soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was impressed the place was as good as it was, being in a downtown area. The lobby looked nice, clean, and updated. The rooms were the normal level of roominess, comfort, and temperature control. The facilities in the bathroom were clean looking as well.

Reasons for 4/5:

One or maybe both of the elevators sounded like they were on their last leg. They didn't do anything funky per se, but it did make me a little nervous.

NONE of the drink machines on ANY of the floors had water. To clarify, there was an option for water, but each machine was sold out. I am pretty sure it just hasn't been stocked anytime recently.

Last, I had to make sure my door shut all the way. If I didn't, the door would look closed, but could actually be pushed/pulled open without swiping the keycard.

None of these are dealbreakers, thus the 4/5 rating. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Steven B,

Thank you for the 4 star review for your recent stay. We are pleased our location was close to your destination, and the facility was nice, clean and updated. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate managers for resolution. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback and your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at this property earlier this week and was most impressed with the room renovations.
The décor is very nice! Bedding and pillows were amazing!!!
I also appreciated how quiet the hotel was---concrete walls between each room---it was nice not to hear the neighboring room cough or the room above me walking....as I have experienced at other hotels.
Although this hotel is an older building, the staff was exceptional and the renovations done so far are very nice.
Connie, the GM, has so much passion for her hotel as I had the pleasure speaking to her as well.
Great job overall and I look forward to my future visits at this hotel.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms would be exceptional if all in the same condition mine was---
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MIrvinGM
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear MIrvinGM,

Thank you for the outstanding 5 star review of your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. I am so pleased to learn you believe our hotel has had an ‘exceptional renovation’ and were ‘most impressed’ with your room renovations including the nice décor and the amazing bedding and pillows. Above all I am happy to learn our staff was exceptional during your stay. Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location, good places to eat. My problem is, you advertise a concierge floor, you tell me during check in that I need my special key because I'm platinum elite and on the concierge floor. Except the concierge floor is an empty room with a TV that doesn't work and nothing else. What exactly makes it a special floor? A concierge floor means there is food, snacks, drinks, for the elite members. That's my only issue with this hotel but for me, it's a big one. False advertising and flat out lying does not encourage coming back. If you say you have something, have it. Not an hour, one day a week , during times when no ones there.

• Stayed: June 2014
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Buck S,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay. We are pleased you like the location of our hotel with the many restaurants in the area. I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication with the concierge floor. The concierge floor is actually called the executive level. It has secured access with a lounge area for our platinum members to rest and relax. Once again, thank you for the opportunity to respond to your feedback. We thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club platinum elite member. We hope to see you again soon.

Holiday Inn

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We picked this hotel because it was at the end of my daily driving range and was close to night life in Rock Island. The check is was fast and friendly and the room had been upgraded. There is a Bennigans in the complex. The parking is a little rough which is par for a downtown hotel. We did not eat at the Holiday Inn but went to the bar which was nice. We would stay there again the next time I drive that way.

Room Tip: Most of the parking is across the street. It is still free and there are slots the Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Michael V,

Thank you for the kind 4 star review for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The facility is being upgraded, since it is older. My room was clean and quiet. The flat screen TV was large and modern. The heating/cooling controls should be updated, but I slept well.
A Bennigans restaurant is attached to the hotel. I received a 20% discount for breakfast.
After a long day on the road, having the restaurant this close is very convenient. I found my stay reasonable and the staff attentive. Their parking lot is small, but across the street is free covered parking, right next to the police station.

Room Tip: Get a top floor facing the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear B W,

Thank you for the 3-star review for your recent stay. We are pleased to learn our staff was attentive to your needs, your room was clean and quiet and our facility met your needs for a nice quiet reasonable stay. As part of the renovations the heating and a/c are on the agenda to be updated. Thank you again for posting your valuable feedback. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed for a weekend. The location was good because it was close to the bridge to Davenport. Check in and Check out were easy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I really liked the Touch Screen Map by the front desk to show you places to eat and places of interest in the area. I was surprised that they had "smoking rooms". Our room did smell like cigarettes but I opened a window and sprayed air freshener. The room size was ok and it was clean. The pillows and bed were not very comfortable.The rooms did not seem very sound proof. The doors to the rooms slam shut. We heard them all night. We did not have a problem with parking but we were there during the "off season" for the town.

Room Tip: If smoke smell bothers you make sure you are getting a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear LeahK123,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback for your recent stay. We are pleased to learn our staff were very friendly and helpful, our location was good for you, the check-in and check-out were easy for you as well. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. As part of the renovation, there are plans in progress to become a smoke-free hotel with new beds as well.

LeahK123, once the renovations are completed we hope you would return and visit us again soon. Thank you again for providing your valuable feedback. We truly appreciate it.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Island
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities

Been to Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities? Share your experiences!