“Convenient in the heart of town”

Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rock Island
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

An older property that's been decently maintained, walking distance to many restaurants and bars. Don't miss the java club across the street, and the blue cat for great beers and food. A surprisingly diverse menu and great staff

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear snorkelsurfswimdive,

Thank you so much for the 4-star review of your stay here at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. I am pleased to learn you like the convenient location of our hotel to the area establishments within The Arts & Entertainment District of Rock Island. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel has been renovated and my room was in excellent condition and the beds were super comfy. The building is older but is being maintained well, except for the elevators. They concerned me, so much so I walked out and took the stairs. They make this horrible sound that cannot be good. The lobby has a lot of seating and the restaurant is easy to get to and had a nice breakfast in the morning for a decent charge.
My number one concern with this location and why I would never return when traveling by myself is the parking situation. The parking for the hotel is very small and quickly fills up. You then have the option of parking on the street outside the hotel as long as you leave early enough in the morning to not get a ticket or the parking garage across the street. The entrance to the hotel was packed with cars that were just parked and blocking the way, I am assuming those people were checking in. I ended up parking in the parking garage across the street which thankful is being by the police department on the bottom level with the station right by the hotel. I would have never parked there without this being the case.
The hotel requires you to park on the third, top open level, as the rest of the garage is reserved for others. I found it annoying that I had to carry all of my items from there in order to check in. If the hotel maintained their entrance and did not allow cars to park there indefinitely this would have all been solved. I know the parking garage is not owned by the hotel but the elevator reeked like pee so bad I gagged and had to take the stairs down the three flights with all of my luggage. What annoyed me even more is when I checked in they gave me this little slip of paper with my folio number that I had to put in the windshield of my car, I questioned it extensively as I found it very annoying that I now had to go back to the pee garage to put this silly piece of paper in my windshield. Providing my car make, model, and license plate should be more than sufficient to track parking in the parking garage but the hotel was insistent on forcing me to return to my car to place the piece of paper in the windshield.
Being a downtown location and directly next to a police station there is a lot of traffic noise at this hotel, but no more than other downtown hotel locations.
I do think this hotel would get a huge value in having an employee available at the front entrance to assist in coordinating getting baggage into the hotel, keeping traffic moving in front of it, coordinating parking, and most importantly handing out the silly parking pieces of paper for each car's windshield. They may have this already but they did not during my visit and the numerous people behind the check in desk seemed uninterested in my concerns and the traffic jam in front of their building.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bluefpink

Dear bluefpink,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for your recent stay. We truly value our guest’s feedback. I am happy to learn your room was “in excellent condition” and the bed was super comfy. However, I am truly sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. As a woman myself, I understand where you are coming from with your security concerns. In an effort to resolve your concerns, I have passed your comments on to the management team. I hope you would consider us again in the future.

Holiday Inn

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were concerned about this older facility in an even older part of town, but it turned out great. As mentioned on this site and others, the rooms have been renovated. They were clean, quiet and comfortable. There was a public sitting area on our floor, where you could get out of the room, but still have the privacy and security of the hotel.The public areas weren't bad either. The indoor pool was nice, warm and clean. There is free coffee for guest in the lobby in the morning. The staff were friendly and helpful. In all, we were very satisfied with our stay. Parking can get a little crowded on the site, but they have auxiliary parking across the street that works okay.

Room Tip: Our room on one of the upper floors seemed more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Paul B,

Thank you for the wonderful 4 star review for your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. I am happy to hear your stay was “better than expected” and that our staff was friendly and helpful to you. Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. We look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was impressed the place was as good as it was, being in a downtown area. The lobby looked nice, clean, and updated. The rooms were the normal level of roominess, comfort, and temperature control. The facilities in the bathroom were clean looking as well.

Reasons for 4/5:

One or maybe both of the elevators sounded like they were on their last leg. They didn't do anything funky per se, but it did make me a little nervous.

NONE of the drink machines on ANY of the floors had water. To clarify, there was an option for water, but each machine was sold out. I am pretty sure it just hasn't been stocked anytime recently.

Last, I had to make sure my door shut all the way. If I didn't, the door would look closed, but could actually be pushed/pulled open without swiping the keycard.

None of these are dealbreakers, thus the 4/5 rating. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Steven B,

Thank you for the 4 star review for your recent stay. We are pleased our location was close to your destination, and the facility was nice, clean and updated. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate managers for resolution. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback and your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Holiday Inn Rock Island

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at this property earlier this week and was most impressed with the room renovations.
The décor is very nice! Bedding and pillows were amazing!!!
I also appreciated how quiet the hotel was---concrete walls between each room---it was nice not to hear the neighboring room cough or the room above me walking....as I have experienced at other hotels.
Although this hotel is an older building, the staff was exceptional and the renovations done so far are very nice.
Connie, the GM, has so much passion for her hotel as I had the pleasure speaking to her as well.
Great job overall and I look forward to my future visits at this hotel.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms would be exceptional if all in the same condition mine was---
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MIrvinGM
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear MIrvinGM,

Thank you for the outstanding 5 star review of your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. I am so pleased to learn you believe our hotel has had an ‘exceptional renovation’ and were ‘most impressed’ with your room renovations including the nice décor and the amazing bedding and pillows. Above all I am happy to learn our staff was exceptional during your stay. Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post a review. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location, good places to eat. My problem is, you advertise a concierge floor, you tell me during check in that I need my special key because I'm platinum elite and on the concierge floor. Except the concierge floor is an empty room with a TV that doesn't work and nothing else. What exactly makes it a special floor? A concierge floor means there is food, snacks, drinks, for the elite members. That's my only issue with this hotel but for me, it's a big one. False advertising and flat out lying does not encourage coming back. If you say you have something, have it. Not an hour, one day a week , during times when no ones there.

• Stayed: June 2014
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Buck S,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay. We are pleased you like the location of our hotel with the many restaurants in the area. I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication with the concierge floor. The concierge floor is actually called the executive level. It has secured access with a lounge area for our platinum members to rest and relax. Once again, thank you for the opportunity to respond to your feedback. We thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club platinum elite member. We hope to see you again soon.

Holiday Inn

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We picked this hotel because it was at the end of my daily driving range and was close to night life in Rock Island. The check is was fast and friendly and the room had been upgraded. There is a Bennigans in the complex. The parking is a little rough which is par for a downtown hotel. We did not eat at the Holiday Inn but went to the bar which was nice. We would stay there again the next time I drive that way.

Room Tip: Most of the parking is across the street. It is still free and there are slots the Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Michael V,

Thank you for the kind 4 star review for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to your return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Island
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities

Been to Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities? Share your experiences!