“Good stop near end of long journey” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockford

Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockford
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Edina, Minnesota
“Good stop near end of long journey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We remember the old Fairfield Inn (with the outside staircases) in Rockford and have been very pleased with this newer version. The inn provided the expected clean room and standard breakfast and a simple to access Internet connection. A short walk across the parking lot to a Ruby Tuesday made it even better. A good stop on a long drive.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

A relatively new property, it is the nicest of the chain that I have stayed at. Clean, well located and the staff is top notch. I have stayed there about six times and each time has been very consistent.

• Stayed August 2013
Lyons, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Spent two nights there while exploring Rockford. Everything a hotel should be, clean, comfortable, nicely appointed. We always judge a hotel by the bathroom - if its not spotless, then what else is dirty. In this case it was one of cleanest bathrooms I have seen. We had reserved a king junior suite, but when we arrived there were none available...we got "upgraded" to a twin queen junior sweet, which wasn't bad, just prefer a king bed.

We have already booked a 3 night stay for September for the WWII reenactment...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill R
Henry, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

This property exceeded any expectations I had for a short stay hotel. We were there for two nights for a softball tournament and upon entering our room, I felt something missing.....the icky feeling I usually get when I have to stay in a hotel. It wasn't there. This room was spotless. It had everything that I would expect in any hotel room for a decent stay and more. We had two queen beds with plenty of pillows, great lighting, seemingly soft water, higher end toiletries, wall to wall granite counter with full width mirror over it in the bathroom, a rolled up clean rubber bathtub mat waiting on top of toilet, nice full length mirror in bedroom, roomy living area with chair, sleeper sofa, desk and tv in addition to tv in bed room. There was a small area with microwave and minifridge, and a coffee maker on the bathroom counter. I had my requisite clorox wipes with me and I did use them on the remotes and door knobs as I always do, but felt like I would have been ok without them. The decor was bright and fun, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Special recognition of the young lady working the breakfast area (her name started with a K or a C....sadly, I can't remember!) did a wonderful job keeping coffee coming, helping instruct waffle making and kept things full. When I set out to make reservations for this stay I was hoping to book rooms at the Hilton Garden next door, but they were full. I'm glad they were. Like I said, this Fairfield Inn has become my new standard.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jastm
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We checked in for a couple nights. The check in was easy, and the representative at the front desk was very friendly. He even went out of his way to locate a certain type of restaurant for us, and printed directions. The room and common areas were very clean. Breakfast was plentiful with a great selection, and an ample seating was available. Pool was very small. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Rockford.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Hotel is extremely clean, well ornamented, comfortable. Breakfast selection was excellent with ample hot and cold choices. USA Today and local papers were available. Room (2 queens) was very spacious. Internet connection worked great. We enjoyed the decor. The motif is very fresh. Hotel seems to be popular with business travelers.

We were on a driving trip and had just survived driving through Chicago rush hour. It was a very welcomed place to stay at the end of a long day. We didn't have a reservation and we were glad we stayed here. This hotel will become a regular stop on our trips east.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We arrived in the evening and were greeted by a very friendly and helpful hotel manager who checked us in effortlessly. The lobby was absolutely clean and fresh, like our room and even the bathroom. Though the hotel was full it was quiet and made for rest after a day's travel.
A simple, but hot breakfast is available in the morning.There are plenty of reasonable places to eat along the main thoroughfare too.
This Fairfield Inn is a wonderful property. I give it high recommendations.

Room Tip: Our fourth floor, even number room was quiet.