“An enjoyable stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Rockford

Days Inn Rockford
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Rockford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Macomb, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stay here quite often too "get away from stress" & I have been to just about every 'affordable' hotel in Rockford. And even though most websites list this as a 1 or 2 star hotel I think it deserves 3 or 4.

Pros:
First: its real easy to find right off the interstate just take a left at the stop light and a right at the next light.
Second: in my personal opinion it also has the most friendly staff in Rockford especially Donita & Nancy! They all (except for one) go out of their way too make sure you are taken care of and are there if you need anything.
Third: every room I have been in so far has been very clean and easy too relax.
Fourth: they have a descent breakfast its not a hot buffet if that's what you are looking for, but they have a good selections such as waffles, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels, donuts, cereal, juice, milk ect.
Fifth: Giving how early this winter came and how cold it has been like 30 below windchills it is a very warm place and easy to operate heater.

Cons:
First: Tv stations are pretty basic but you still get a good selection. Some of the good ones they are missing from line-up are A&E (I love my Duck Dynasty :-( but unfortunately they don't get that channel), Disney, tv land, and syfy. But those are just a few I miss lol. If you are really into sports though they do have a lot of espn channels about 6 of them to be exact.
Second: its a long hotel and the exercise room is on the other end of the hotel if by the time you get to it you probably have burned all the calories you were intending too anyway lol
Third: some of the plumbing has problems in a few of the rooms for example toilet constantly running or shower head being a little weird to turn on.
Fourth: Microwave or fridge cost extra unless the room you get has one already in it but its only like $3-$5 though. This isn't the worst thing in the world but it can be a hassle if you are looking to heat things up or keep things cold.
Fifth: the only member of the staff that can be unfriendly or friendly when she feels like it is Ashley. Most of the time though she kinda makes you feel like you are bothering her. But as I said before the rest of the staff is perfect.

All in all for the price and the location it beats any other similar hotel in walking distance

Room Tip: Ask if they have a room with a microwave in it already
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Days Inn L, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
We appreciate the kind remarks that you had for us. Just wanted to let you know that there has been staffing changes made and I believe you will be happy with our selection.

We do have a wide selection of ESPN channels. We have also recently added more channels like Showtime, Hallmark Movie Channel and Oxygen just to name a few.

I know you enjoyed our breakfast selection, but even that will soon change so that we may offer a healthier selection of breakfast items. I believe you will enjoy that also. It will be in complete effect by April.

The housekeeper reports issue’s such as the plumbing issues you had as soon as they see or hear it. We make sure the maintenance department receives the problem and fixes it as soon as possible.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will make sure Nancy and Donita receives praises on a job well done.
Streamwood, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at this days inn before, and let me tell you I was hoping my company wouldn't send me back. Surprisingly when they did my stay was better then the last. First time, I was forced to deal with, what I would call a lazy desk clerk named Ashley. She didn't seem to have any interest in checking me in, she was so slow and just didn't seem like she cared. When I asked a couple of questions about the location of the room she seemed to be annoyed that I had asked. That was enough for me not to come back. Recently when I stayed for five days, not just a night. Oh boy was I amazed by the service I received. Nancy checked me in and boy is she fast! She got me in my room and after a long day of traveling it was just what I needed. I had to get up very early like at around 2am and surprisingly the desk clerk Brianna I believe her name was, she was wide awake and extremely happy. She always noticed my presence, whether we talked about the weather or breakfast. She eventually got use to me waking up around that time and by the second day she was putting out fresh coffee just for me. The manager I didn't get to speak to her as much, but she was always smiling. Sometimes I thought she'd just came out of the office just to say good morning to me. Overall the desk clerks here are by far the best I've ever met they actually care about your stay and I would recommend hotel to anyone! Great prices and great people an overall win in my book!

Room Tip: Very long halls good thing they gave me a room close to the front
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Days Inn L, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
We are so thankful for your review. We appreciate your honesty. We are so apologetic about the previous clerk not treating you how you’re supposed to have been treated. We are grateful to have such a wonderful staff. We are glad that this stay was better than then last and just know that is how you should be treated every time you come. We will make sure that they staff receives praises for a job well done. Hope we will see you in the future.
Bertram, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Despite frigid weather, some of it -17 below, the room was toasty warm. House keeping was johnny-on-the-spot with every request. The decor is dated, but clean. Comparing the price to others near by, I saved $20 a night or more. I would have no problem returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: It is a long walk down the hallway. Choose a room near a side exit.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Days Inn L, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thank you so much for leaving a review on your stay. We really appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you would return to our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

The hotel was good for a quick stopover if that's all you needed. Breakfast was very weak. Would pick another hotel based on that alone and not recommend for that same reason.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Days Inn L, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review on your stay. We appreciate all feedback, positive and negative. That allows us to see what areas we are excelling in and also where we need improvement. Days Inn will introduce a new Daybreak breakfast in 2014. It will have healthier choices I believe you will enjoy also. Please be patient with us and I assure you, you will be happily surprised. Please do not allow the breakfast to change your perspective of the hotel. I do hope we will be able to get a chance to have you as our guest in the future.