“Worse hotel experience in years”

Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63)
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was assigned a room on the smoking floor. I wasn’t even aware hotels still have smoking floors. I complained before I received the key, to which the staff said there was nothing they could do, because they were booked full. I am a Platinum member and never expected to be told “you will have this room on a smoking floor and thats it” before. At that point, I decided I won’t be staying at this hotel during my future travels to Rockford. The next day, I asked for a late checkout over the phone. My room had not been cleaned yet, and I needed to stay for another hour before going to a meeting. I was told I would not be given a late checkout, because my room was already booked for that day. Again, let me re-emphasize, I am a Platinum member of the Priority Club…one of the benefits of my loyalty to Holiday Inn is to get a late checkout if needed. Unbelievable lack of concern for my comfort.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Rory B,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum member and bringing this to our attention. We would like to follow up with you regarding your recent stay. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63)

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Yes, this property is a little on the pricey side (not sure why?) but it's worth the money. Super clean and comfortable in a great location. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Kate A
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This is the best CLC option in this area as far as we are concerned. We have stayed at 3 others nearby and these beds & rooms are better BY FAR.

Yes the building is older, but our room was updated and our beds (#1 priority for us) are VERY comfortable. There is a new flat screen TV, plus LARGE desk near wall outlets for our 2 PC's, PLUS a small table with 2 side chairs. Also a frig & micro and a closet. The granite shower is comfortable and the towels plush. The guest laundry & pool area are clean. There is plenty of parking on 3 sides of the building.

Thats more positive than I can say about the ESA, Studio Plus or Comfort Inn, all of which we have stayed in recently. Holiday Inn will be our first choice in Rockford.

Room Tip: 1 elevator to all floors right off the lobby, long hallways otherwise
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Candace R
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed here for a couple nights on business. The room was OK. The bathroom was small, but the water was hot. The bed was old and probably needs replacement soon. The sports bar had great service but average food and very worn decor. outside of that... It was a low three star hotel at best.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Larry L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Larry L,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback on your recent stay. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip!

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Pricey property that is barely a 3-star. It is older, but does have a few upgraded touches to make it appear modern. Look at other properties nearby before you commit to this one.

Good stuff: updated furnishings, decent looking carpet, comfortable beds, very nice LCD tv with good cable lineup, refrigerator and microwave, smoking rooms are sort of sectioned off on 2nd floor)

Bad stuff: wireless internet is major slow (barely good enough to browse internet), faint smell of smoke (when in bathroom), fridge barely kept bottled water cold, no night-light to use bathroom in middle of night, A/C didn't work well enough to cool room, old bathtub with inner portion of bathtub is shaped like coffin, workout room has only 2 old treadmills, 1 stationary bike and 1 elliptical machine (all old and not commercial style), PRICEY!

Room Tip: Try and avoid rooms rooms above or below 2nd floor smoking rooms (they may have other smoking rooms...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank travel94531
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I am not sure what some of the other reviewers ment when they said it was poor. I stayed there in Oct of 2011 and it was a good hotel. It was very quiet and the bed and room was clean. The elevator was a little bit old and shakey as others have said but its not a reason to give a hotel a bad review. I stayed in room 311 I think... It was on the third floor right across from the elevator. I thought that I, being a light sleeper, would not get good sleep with the noise of the elevator. However I did not hear a thing barely heard the doors shut from the other rooms and if you have traveled a lot you will know there is usually a large thud when the other room doors close. Staff was friendly enough. I stayed there for a week without incident and so did my co-worker in a different room. I still prefer the staybridge suites but this hotel is my on my short list of good hotels.
I noticed no bugs or paint smell as others have said. Perhaps they finished the renovations in the area I stayed. As for bugs I seen none or any signs of any. Perhaps the others brought the bugs with them to the hotel?
The attached resturant, "the Hoffman house" was very good but high priced for the food served. It is a nice option to the mini kitchen at the staybridge suites.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The hallways were dark and dated. The carpet was old and worn in the elevators. The lobby reeked of smoke. The rooms were very dated except for the newer telvision sets. The beds were comfortable. Overall very expensive as the quality and cleanliness was terrible. Dont stay there!

• Stayed: September 2011