“Average stay and been charged double :(” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63)

Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63)
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
New Delhi, India
“Average stay and been charged double :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip. The hotel is nicely located with bus service direct from Chicago airport to the hotel. But thats the only good thing i liked about the hotel.

The rooms were big but need renovation. My room ac had all its wings broken and also the swtiches were pretty old style.
The restaurant they have here is nice but i did not get a chance to eat here much as were eating out mostly.

Well i paid double for this hotel. They charged my card and told me it did not work properly and have cleared the entry and took cash from me. Now when I came back I see my card has been charged and money has been taken. Spent 2 months in sorting this with the hotel but no helps. So be careful that this does not happen to you. For me overall this was quite an average experience.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, 13 October 2012
Dear Pawansahni,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ham Lake
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

My good friends youngest daughter got married about 20 minutes from this hotel location. Location was ultimate for our adventure this weekend. My priority was our 2 Exchange students. I wanted them to see a true American Wedding and still be in a good location to take a quick visit to Chicago. This worked out well for us. Our checkin was flawless. I'm a Gold member and my first name was waiting on a whiteboard. The girls were very impressed. The room was clean and spacious. We had difficulty with the shower, but that was our problem. Worked great when we were instructed by maintenance HOW to use it. Funny!

My only slight negative and I emphasize slight, is the pool area. It could use some updating and maybe a stronger exhaust system. It's been awhile since I've been in an enclosed pool area, but it seemed strong smelling.

Safe, secure, and well lit parking is important to me when I travel. This hotel really gets that issue. I tend to travel on my own and I like this feeling of safety when I arrive. I had no issue leaving in the evening to explore and venturing back.

Room Tip: Great elevator system, Higher is quieter and less bright at night.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Lancaster, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed at this property for 18 nights, starting Aug 7, 2012. We got a great value thru Priceline for this 3 1/2 star property.

The location is great for travelers, but is about 6 miles from downtown Rockford, via busy streets.

The parking is almost unlimited, the Hotel is very nice overall, but a little ragged around the edges, the two elevators are the slowest We've ever remembered. Our room was non-smoking with a very, very comfortable King bed and extremely high quality linens and choices of pillows. The maid service was always very nicely done, with high quality towels. The 42" flat screen TV had good choice of channels and with very good reception. In room coffee was by the cup brewing. In the business center there were 3 computers and a printer (which went on the blink 2 days before we left), there were always Airpots of Wolf Gang Puch coffee, which was very tasty)

The area of this Hotel has a lot of company, there must be 10-12 other hotels/motels, from Motel 6, Red Roof Inn, to Staybridge Suites, Residence Inn, Hilton,etc, all within walking distance. Which brings up the biggest problem we found with this location, besides the other hotels/motels, there were quite a few restaurants from Burger King, Denny's, Ruby Tuesday, and local upscale Italian, but this was an Extremely Unfriendly area for pedestrians!!

Especially after dark, there are no crosswalks, no pedestrian crossing lights, and two very busy roads, with 45 mph limits. Additionally, there are no sidewalks, only gravel or grassy shoulders. Both roads were multi-lane with two right turns lanes and islands. It was very difficult to make a crossing without a bit of a hustle! Not for the less than Fleet of Foot!!

The Hotel did have a very good, but pricey Restaurant, which locals recommended. The Hoffbrau House, had limited hours for meals, i.e., breakfast from 6-10am and then lunch from 11-2, and Dinner from 5-9 (?), point is, it wasn't as convenient as a Denny's or other 24 hour place.

Over-all we enjoyed our length stay and recommend this Holiday Inn as a good choice.

Room Tip: Our 7th Floor room had a good view, and was mostly quiet, especially at night.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Hanover
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

It seems that Holiday Inns are getting better everywhere. Very nice large rooms, clean and fresh. Good staff, comfy bed and a great location. Right off the interstate and close to resteraunts. Price very reasonable.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here during the Midwest BMX Nationals this year. The rooms were clean and sized well. The employees were very nice and helpful. I would have liked to see some breakfast coupons or something. The food was good and the beer cold. The salad bar was way too crowded to get in and was almost a free for all. I only looked through the windows at the pool since the races went a little later. The pool area looked very nice well kept. There was people checking in and griping the people had no clue what they were doing. I think people need to be more patient.

• Stayed July 2012
Ortonville, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was assigned a room on the smoking floor. I wasn’t even aware hotels still have smoking floors. I complained before I received the key, to which the staff said there was nothing they could do, because they were booked full. I am a Platinum member and never expected to be told “you will have this room on a smoking floor and thats it” before. At that point, I decided I won’t be staying at this hotel during my future travels to Rockford. The next day, I asked for a late checkout over the phone. My room had not been cleaned yet, and I needed to stay for another hour before going to a meeting. I was told I would not be given a late checkout, because my room was already booked for that day. Again, let me re-emphasize, I am a Platinum member of the Priority Club…one of the benefits of my loyalty to Holiday Inn is to get a late checkout if needed. Unbelievable lack of concern for my comfort.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Rory B,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum member and bringing this to our attention. We would like to follow up with you regarding your recent stay. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Rockford hotels

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Yes, this property is a little on the pricey side (not sure why?) but it's worth the money. Super clean and comfortable in a great location. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business