“Clean and comfy”

Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63)
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We've come to realize it is just better to find a Holiday Inn when traveling on the road. This location is clean and comfy and easy access to I-90. The front desk staff were very friendly, as were the housekeeping staff. The hot breakfast was a nice surprise to us and very appreciative. It seems that the site has undergone some facelifts and it looks great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Tracy I,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate when people write about their experience. I have passed your kind words along to our staff and management. Even though you spoke about some facelifts I did want to mention we will be undergoing even more renovations in the near future! We look forward to your next visit to our area and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

At check in, our group had no problems. Was disappointed however that as Priority Club Members, there was no welcome for us as most provide a bottle of water and a sanck for members. We paid for two to a room but were given only one coupon per room for a complimentary beverage. They have in the past. Got to our non smoking rooms and opened the door. Very strong smoke order. Advised the desk as we did not want to get charged later for smoking. The desk said not to worry, the smoking rooms are next door and the walls are thin so it leaks in. I thought we paid for smole free rooms. In the 10 years we have stayed there, this was our worst experience.

Room Tip: If non smokers, ask to be on opposite end from smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pmesk

Dear PMESK,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize you felt your stay was less than pleasant. Since your stay we have put together a new plan for recognizing loyalty members. Also, so you know we will be undergoing some renovations soon to help with creating a great guest experience for everyone. I have passed all of your concerns to the appropriate departimental managers and we hope you are willing to try us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I wonder why Holiday Inn keeps its name on facilities like this. The location was convenient to the roads and highways. We just stopped for the night, traveling through. The room was clean, but worn, very worn. The impression of the whole building was that it was maintained, but carpet, paint, everything needed to be renewed. Holiday rewards program was worth one free drink, we were tired and went to bed. Good sleep, but still a tired facility when we woke up and went on our way in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear 6554321,

Thank you for your review. It is pleasing to know that you found our location commendable. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the areas where we have fallen short of your expectations particularly with the condition of the room and hotel amenities. Your comments have been taken very seriously and have been shared with the Management Team, in order to help us improve further the facilities and service that we have to offer.

Thanks again for your comments. We truly appreciate your patronage.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Holiday Inn Rockford was a very clean and efficient hotel. They had a great room available at the last minute for me and buss accommodations into O'Hare whch dropped me right at my gate. The staff was so nice and there is a lovely restaurant attached that had good food at a good price. I had attended a wedding at the same hotel a few days earlier at the attached catering hall. The location is wonderfully close to shopping and a Starbucks across the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Kellysstudio:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and tell others about your pleasant stay with us. We have received a lot of reviews in regards to our location, and ease of access to everything around us. We appreciate you as a guest, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Came here for a wedding. Arrived at 2 said room was unavailable and the front desk lady was very callous about it. She called on tadio and asked about room 329. Told us to come back at 3. Came back at 3 and they said still not ready come at 4. Told them athe wedding was 430 and the shuttle we had to catch was at 4:15. Again they did not see if any other room was available. We finally got in our room at 3:50 and myself wife and kids all had to get ready in 10 minutes. Funny thing we were in a different room than 329. So why at 2 when we first came did they not check on any room but 329. Hotel is old but very nice just the people working could care less about weary travelers. Would not recvend and would not come back. Plenty of other hotels in the area!

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Jadepe74,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We're deeply sorry for the issues you had during check-in and the service you received did not live up to your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is the 2nd time we've stayed at this hotel in 8 months due to tournaments. There were 2 people at front desk at check in. Neither one greeted us when we walked in.. But clearly and quickly stated they could not check us in due to computer issues. When we finally got our room, the room smelled musty and smokey, even though is was a non- smoking room. When we approached the front desk regarding the smell, they were not concerned and asked me to choose which Febreze that I would like for my room (industrial size or regular) indicating that this is all too common of an occurrence.
There was mold in the bathroom and carpeting was sticky in our room. Hotel Hot tub and fridge in our room were not working. Hotel is priced higher than nearby hotels, I expect it to be clean at a minimum. Other rooms in our group were much worse with cigarette smoke in their non-smoking rooms.

HolidayInn should reconsider removing this property from their portfolio or visit property to see first hand on how run down this property is.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel unless you are a smoker
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Softballmom13_13:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn. I apologize you feel that your stay at our hotel was not up to standards. We are currently undergoing renovations, and are trying to make it a hotel that all guests love. I have already passed your concerns to the appropriate departments, and each issue is being dealt with accordingly. Again I am sorry that you felt the impact was negative, but I hope you are willing to try us again in the future after the renovations are complete.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed here for one night. After a long day of working on a project near the Mississippi, I traveled part way to Chicago and ended up in Rockford. I was a little bothered when I walked into the lobby and there seemed too be an odor like they where trying to mask a smell of some type. My room was nice and appeared to be clean. I hate that the fan in the bathroom turns on when the light is on. This was a pain. The wifi worked very well and the room had a microwave which was handy for a bag of popcorn that was available in the lobby for $2.00. I would stay there again. Easy to get on to I-90 east bound the next morning. I lost my receipt, so I called the front desk the next week and they emailed me a copy. This made my life a lot easier.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Michael L, Manager at Holiday Inn Rockford (I-90 Exit 63), responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear mhurtrail:

We appreciate the time you took to write about your stay, because our guests feedback is very important to us. I will definitely pass your compliments along to the staff for helping make your stay a pleasant one. We do try to keep our gift shop stocked with a variety of items to meet everyone's needs. In regards to your concerns I will make sure the appropriate managers are notified. Thank you again for writing about your stay, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.