“WONDERFUL TRIP!!”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Kentwood, Louisiana, United States
“WONDERFUL TRIP!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had a chance to stay in this hotel recently due to a business trip I was on. I would like to say that I am absolutely amazed at this hotel. It was beautiful with spacious, clean rooms. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. My daughter was with me for this trip so we needed extra towels for our showers and the staff accommodated us quickly with our request. Our room was clean & smelled lovely. The area has several restaurants to chose from very near to the hotel. I would be happy to stay at this hotel again if the need arose.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tina B
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Tina B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I can assure you our team was delighted with your comments. On behalf of the entire staff we appreciate your kind words. The entire staff works hard to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable room and it is always a pleasure when we hear feedback from our guest.

Please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Rockford area.

Erica Carey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I arrived after dark and was happy to get to my room. Everything was clean and simple. No frills - I have come to appreciate a fridge but they don't have that or breakfast in the room I reserved. The location is great. It is close the the Hwy and lots of restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Northwomn,

Thank you for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to hear what we are doing right and areas of opportunity that we need to improve. I always like to keep my guest informed of upgrades available at the property. The next time you are in the area I invite you to experience our upgraded room which is called a superior king room. Our superior king room includes a microwave and Refrigerator with a large work desk area. This room upgrade is available for an additional $10.00 sounds like would a perfect fit for you in the future.

Again, we thank you kindly for your review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Rockford area.

Fresno, California
Reviewed 13 July 2013

During the July 4th week, 2013, I stayed at the Rockford, Ill location. Was back in my home town fr. Calif...visiting friends/family. Was gone most days but when I returned, my room was totally clean...i
ncluding bath, towels, sheets, etc!

I left a pair of shoes in my room. Contacted "Kim," at the front desk, on Sun., 7/7. Received them via UPS on Fri., 7/12. In my opinion, Kim is very professional & a great asset to the Red Roof Team! Thank you!! I will be staying in Rockford (Red Roof) when I return in June, 2014~

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Rockford. Kimberly and the entire staff were pleased to hear your stay was an enjoyable one and you received your shoes in timely manner. The staff work extremely hard to provide our guest with clean and comfortable rooms and superior guest service. We want all of our guest to fill confident in our product and we take pride in making sure that they are pleased with the hotel upon arrival and departure.

Again thank you for taking the time to write a review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Rockford area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof with my son for one night. No surprises at check-in, price was just over $80 with tax, room was basic but clean and truly smoke-free. The floors were laminate hardwood which may help those with allergies and the shower had medium-hot water (not lukewarm or cold) but the water softener must have been on high. The room came with 2 towels so you need to ask for more. The AC unit produced a noisy hum but it probably acted as white noise to the outside (which was surprisingly quiet anyway). The bed was not great by any means but sleepable and the pillows were actually pretty good. You can walk less than 100yds to the Starbucks without crossing a road. This wouldn't be my first choice if staying more than one night but I was happy given our short stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Buddha700
Thank you very much for your writing a review regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Rockford Illinois. We are so excited about our recent renovation of Red Roof Inn Rockford which includes all new mattresses and the fresh hardwood flooring. I have shared your comments with the entire staff as feed back from our guest is always welcome as we strive to provide all of our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience.

Again, thank you for your review and please consider us your hotel of choice should your travel plans bring you back to the Rockford area.
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We were in Rockford to visit family and stayed there last weekend. We were on second floor. The room was very clean, however there was no shampoo/conditioner, a hair dryer, or a coffee maker, and we also had to ask for extra towels as there were only two towels and four of us in the room. That seemed really strange! We also asked for extra pillows but they had none. Most other hotels have all of these things already in the room. I went down to the front desk and she only found 2 shampoos and one conditioner left, so that was good. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and sympathetic, but when I asked about the extra pillows, she told me they couldn't give us any extra pillows because they expected to sell out that night. There should ALWAYS be lots of extra pillows on hand for guests that need them, so that wasn't good. Our daughter works front desk at a well known chain hotel in the Minneapolis, MN area. She said that they ALWAYS have shampoo/conditioner, coffee makers and hair dryers, and ample towels available in their rooms waiting for their guests, and and iron and ironing board.in the closet. And she said they have tons of boxes of shampoos and conditioners along with a huge closet just filled with extra pillows for guests in the office. There also wasn't a closet in our room, but just a hanging rack for clothes, and no iron and ironing board either. And there was no separate table for eating on! Why?
Also - we didn't like the floor plan because the bathroom was so tiny and the sink and vanity were just to the back of the room just outside the bathroom door. This made it hard to change clothes privately when someone else needed to use the shower. It would be much better to have
the bathroom area set apart with a wall separating the bedroom from the bathroom area as it is in most other hotels, so it could offer more privacy.
The room had hardwood floors and it was very clean. But we feel that the difference is in the details! There was just too much lacking here. When people are very tired from traveling great distances, they should come into the room with the ability to kick back and relax and know that the details for a relaxing stay have been covered. Despite the fact the front desk has coffee available, not all guests come in to check in. So it should also be available in the rooms for them with a coffeemaker, along with shampoo/conditioner waiting for them on the counter. There should be four towels in each room if there are two double beds, to accomodate four people, instead of having to have the guests call down or go down to the front office to ask for more. Guests shouldn't have to ask for these basic things! These are simple things that just make a huge difference in customer satisfaction. Despite the fact the room was very clean, and the beds were good, and the pillows we had in the room were great, it was lacking in the details. I would suggest to the management that they need to work on these things to make it better and more appealing for guests, so they don't have to ask for some of the basic things other motels offer with a standard room every day! Thanks to the very friendly staff who were very accomodating for us and helped us at least to be able to have a few things we asked for.
FYI: This Red Roof hotel doesn't serve breakfast, but forget the nearby restauarants for that! There is a FABULOUS restaurant in Rockford about 10-15 minutes away called THE STOCKHOLM INN - at Rockford Plaza on Charles St. and 20th. If you have not tried it, you need to! It is a FABULOUS Scandinavian restaurant serving the best Swedish Pancakes with Lingonberries outside of Sweden right in Rockford! They also have a HUGE FABULOUS Scandinavian buffet dinner on Sat. night and another HUGE fabulous Sunday morning buffet that will blow most other restaurants out of the business!!! We've never seen better anywhere we've traveled - outside of when we were in Norway and Sweden! And it's extremely reasonable - for less than $12.00 per person! Once you go there, you'll NEVER miss it again when you are in Rockford! Plus the decor in the restaurant is just fantastic - and there is also a Scandinavian Gift Shop in the restaurant too for those who want to shop! It's an incredible experience just going there!! They are VERY busy - especially on the weekends, as the locals just love it, so it's best to call for reservations before you journey over there. But - once you try it, you'll make sure that no trip to Rockford is complete again without a trip or two to THE STOCKHOLM INN!!! We are there at least once or twice every time we are in town! Check it out! You'll be VERY glad you did!
We would maybe consider the Red Roof again, but will definitely suggest to the staff to think about making these items I mentioned above readily available in the rooms. The difference is ALWAYS IN THE DETAILS!! It will make a huge difference to your guests! Thank you!
Debbie L.

Room Tip: Get a room that offers more privacy and has a bigger bathroom!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
rockfordredroof, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am extremely sorry that the your room was not supplied with the necessary amenities. I cannot began to imagine how frustrated you might have become when having to request for additional towels on multiple days.

I can assure you this is an isolated incident as our team works extremely hard to ensure that our valued guest are satisfied with their stay. I have shared your feedback with my team and on behalf of the entire staff we are sorry for any inconvenience that you might have experienced and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travel plans bring you back to the Rockford area.

Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I needed a place to spend the night on the way home from Minnesota to Ohio, we looked for places about half way home that was within our budget. I am not a fan of exterior door motels or Red Roof Inn, but went with this location because of the good reviews on this sight. The motel roooms have been newly remodeled, but the outside is still rough, so I was skeptical when we pulled up. The building is near a very busy intersection and it was LOUD and there were also people hanging around outside that looked like they were homeless. If I had been alone I would have passed on this one. The clerk was not very friendly, but it was late and he could have just had a bad day. We got checked in with no problems and our room was on the second floor next to the end of building.

We opened the door and were surprised that the room was so nice. I mean it was as nice as most of the higher priced hotels we have stayed in. The room was very clean and the king bed was super comfortable, plus there was NO outside noise.

I would have given it a 5, if the outside of the building was better, but it just goes to show you, you can't judge a book by the cover.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We were pleased to hear that our recent renovation exceeded your expectation. We have finally completed both the internal and external of the property. However, I’m sorry to hear about the other aspects that prevented you from having a wonderful all around experience. I can assure you that we will address and correct these issues as this is not the normal occurrence at our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving you should your travel plans bring you back to the Rockford area.
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We were in town for a wedding and wanted an affordable place to stay for one night, so we stayed in a standard room. While the room was very small and did not have much in the way of amenities (no microwave or refrigerator), it was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The room was on the first floor and a few doors down from the lobby, so I was worried that it would be loud, but I think it was the most quiet hotel room I've ever stayed in - we did not hear a single other guest. I don't think we would have had a more restful night had we spend more money at a different hotel. I probably wouldn't stay for multiple nights because of the size of the room and the lack of amenities, but we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a kind review. It is always a pleasure to read a review from our valued guest. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and they were extremely excited to hear the feedback. If you do decide to visit the area in the future we do offer additional room type. One of the room types that I would recommend would be our superior kings. Our Superior King rooms are larger in size and come equipped with microwaves and refrigerators.