“Comfortable Room but some dust during Upgrade”

Residence Inn Rockford
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The hotel itself is situated in between several different hotels. Its very close to the interstate and very close to several restaurants, shops, stores, etc. It's in the nice part of Rockford and in a very safe neighborhood. The check-in staff at Residence Inn was very friendly and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. They even moved me into one of the larger suites free of charge (it was definitely more room than I need for just myself but hey, why not?!?!). The only odd thing was having to return twice to the front desk as the key card they gave me wouldn't work...third time was the charm.

The hotel was undergoing some updates while I was staying so the standard "excuse our dust" signs were up. The carpet had plastic over it in several areas. The rooms are pretty spacious with separate bathroom, living room, bedroom, and kitchen areas. There is a small desk that doubles as a kitchen table, couch, lounge chair, flat screen tv (in living room and bedroom), full refrigerator, microwave, stove, and dishwasher. The kitchen comes fully equipped with basic amenities such as table service, coffee maker, pots and pans, and cleaning supplies. The room I had even had a fireplace. Room decor was fairly modern and pleasant.

My room was very clean and was cleaned daily by staff. The bed was extremely comfortable. I have nothing but praise for the room. The bathroom was also fairly spacious, feeling almost like a normal sized bathroom. The bedroom had a large closet with plenty of space for my clothes.

The only thing I wasn't a fan of us was the fact that the people performing the upgrades to the hotel were propping the doors open so basically anyone had access to the hotel. Also, there was a family staying across the hall that were very loud that insisted on keeping their door open. As an extended stay hotel it's easy for guests to almost "move in."

The breakfast provided in the morning was basic but satisfying.

All in all I think this hotel is okay. If you are looking for a lot of space to spread out in, this is your place. Looking for something more high-end...look elsewhere.

Room Tip: The west side of the hotel is closer to the interstate so if road noise bothers you, choose a room i...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
RockfordRI_GM, Manager at Residence Inn Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for your review today! We appreciate your comments.
The hotel renovations are coming along nicely and we are anxious to show off our new look. We appreciate your patience with our renovations. We apologize that you were inconvenienced with your key cards. We will look into why that happened. You are right, the exterior doors to the hotel should stay closed and we apologize that they weren’t closed consistently. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our guest rooms, front desk staff & breakfast. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will come back when our renovations are complete to see our finished product. Thank you again for staying with us! Warmest Regards. Sheryl Stonehocker- General Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2012

The rooms are just renovated and they looks really nice. Very confortable coach, 2 LCD tvs. The kitchen has everything you need to cook. And it is almost brand new.
The service room are good enough, they will keep room clean.
3 days a week they organize a social dinner in the lobby, free beer and free soft-drinks. That's good enough.
The breakfast could be better, no choice of fresh fruit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
RockfordRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you for your kind review. We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We appreciate your nice comments about our new rooms. We are so pleased and proud to unveil our new product! We are sorry that you did not receive fruit with your breakfast. I agree that fresh fruit is definitely an important element to a healthy breakfast. We serve fresh fruit daily that includes whole apples & bananas as well as juicy cut pineapple and melon. Our whole fruit is located next to our juice machine & could be easily overlooked in that area. We will make a point to provide better signage to make our fruit more visible to you and our guests in the future. Please come back and visit us again soon. Thank you again for your nice comments. We appreciate you taking the time to write!
Warm Regards,

Sheryl Stonehocker -General Manager Residence Inn by Marriott

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Properrty is right next to the Tiger Tail Gentlemen's Club. Convenient for some things perhaps, but not what I came to Rockford for. People running up and down the hallway, stomping on the floor above, and creaking old floors. The place only has one elevator and the main door in the lobby was never designed to bring in and out luggage - no door opener; you hold one door with one arm while wrestling with your bags with the other arm only to meet a second door with the same unfriendly attitude. Don't believe the pictures you see, either. They are very dated and the place has had no landscape maintenance in over a year. You can do much better than this place and still be within a few blocks. I did!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
RockfordRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We apologize that you were not satisfied with your visit. We are located in the heart of the hotel district and are one of fifteen chain hotels within a five block area. We are located on the far eastside of Rockford- in the premier location- close to shopping, entertainment and restaurants. We are very proud and excited for our recent updates that will offer our guests a brand new hotel product. We try to pay special attention to the noise level in the hotel-especially when children are present. Please accept our apologies that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We appreciate all your comments and we will be working diligently to make your stay more enjoyable in the future.

Warm Regards,

Sheryl Stonehocker
Residence Inn by Marriott

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was in town for a few day on business, I got a good price on a 1 bedroom suite. The room was clean with all the amenities I needed. There was even a free bag of microwave popcorn. Parking was easy. it took a little bit to find the hotel, due to the fact its not on the main road. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was under construction when I was there but worth it as the rooms, size and value were good. Upgraded due to another marriott issue at a different location this was a nice change. The beds are the best and kitchen was a great addition. The staff at the desk was marginal but the rest of the team did a great job.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a bigger room
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

Its a typical Residence Inn. I loved it. Very clean. I lived there Oct 3, 2011 - March 2012

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I have never written a review about a hotel, but this one takes the cake. I travel a lot for work and expect very little. I had a meeting at 7:30 pm with a client and needed a shower. When I go to my room, the water was FREEZING cold. I called the front desk that tried to help, but they were unable and unwilling to help me. I was not able to take a shower the entire time I was there. I am still fuming about the money I paid for a hotel room that was completely ineffective. Please, if you want a hot shower, do not stay here.