“A Pretty Decent Place!”

Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Some 60 miles from a major US city, the Raddison in Rockford is not a bad bet. We attended a wedding there. The place was clean, fairly well appointed. Of course, since it is a Raddison, there is a sleep number bed in every room. While I don't have much experience in Rockford at all...none really, based on the hotels I drove past, this seemed to be the best one in the area.

The wedding was good and the staff was friendly and attentive. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 June 2012

The staff here was amazing. I was a little hesitant when I arrived after driving 14 straight hours when I got here and the guy checking me in said they messed up my reservation. I thought "are you kidding me", but promptly even without me saying a word he upgraded me to a suite at no additional charge!!! The room was fabulous and the sleep number beds they have are incredible. It makes me want one for home! I was very impressed with this hotel and it's staff. The cleanliness was above and beyond and I love the fact that all of the rooms are non smoking!! I would highly recommend this place to anyone. It definitely made my trip unforgettable.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I was given three room keys that didn't work, then the fourth finally worked. The pool was in renovation, but that was one of the main reasons for choosing this hotel. The business center was nice and clean, and logged on to my email to check. The conference room/lobby was very eloquent and I felt very nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We frequently visit Rockford, IL for my children's soccer games/tournaments and by far my favorite place to stay there is the Radisson Hotel. Their rooms are standard with Sleep Number beds with down comforters, a refridgerator, and a microwave. Plus it is one of the cleanest places I have stayed. The one thing that would give this a 5 star excellent rating is a free breakfast. They offered to provide a buffet breakfast at $8 per person but we decided against that since the game that morning would not have allowed us to eat enough to warrent the cost. We will definetly be staying here again!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at the hotel during an event at the Coronado Theatre. We spent two nights and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. Great tv and the room was laid out like a suite with a fridge. Because it was a family function I was not able to use the bar downstairs but was surprised to hear it was actually open til 2......it's not a big bar....just somewhere to go for a nightcap and relax. The free breakfast was sufficient and quite a bonus. Close to restaurants is a plus as well. We do a lot of traveling and I'd consider this a 3-star hotel.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My sister and I brought my parents to Rockford for my dad's 63rd class reunion the first weekend in November 2011. When we arrived, the bellman, Wes (i think), greeted us and took us and our luggage to our rooms. He was amazing! He explained the sleep number beds, local eateries, etc. We got two rooms...one smoking...one not. I was afraid, as a non smoker, I would still be bothered by the smoke anyway as our room needed to be close to my parents smoking room. It was not - at all! The hotel has the smoking rooms section behind glass doors and even in the hall outside the rooms, you can't smell the smoke. Great relief! The hotel was so clean and our rooms were immaculent! Even had turn down service - fun surprise! Plus, it was so quiet. Our non smoking room was the closest room to the elevator and I was afraid it would be noisy - NOT! Once in my room, I heard nothing. Now it was a fairly quiet weekend at the hotel but there were others staying on our floor and I never even heard the elevator. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice - clean as well with towels available in the pool area - I thought that was nice. Wanted to try out the excercise room - looked adequate - but again, didn't have an opportunity. There was a nice little pub/restaurant on the first floor - menu looked yummy and were told the chef is awesome. We were just too busy running our parents around to all their old "stomping grounds" There is nothing you could need or want that isn't close to this hotel...restaurants, drugstores, walmart, and shops. You can litterally be anywhere in minutes. It's just off the main road so easy access to everything and everywhere! One thing we did do while there that was a highlight was we went to Edwards Apple Orchard. It was a little bit of a drive but not bad at all and omgosh - so fun and great treats! Apple Cider donuts are the best! We will be staying here for sure on our next visit...maybe my dad's 64th class reunion!

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor on the back side and it was very quiet.