“They went above and beyond”

Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Wabash, Indiana
“They went above and beyond”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband was in Rockford and suffered a heart attack-I flew up there to be with him. The people at the Radisson could not have been nicer or more accommodating. I had no way to get back and forth to the hospital which was 2 miles away the last couple days of my 5 day stay and they used their airport shuttle to take me back and forth. The came and picked us us when hubby was released and they even stopped at a pharmacy so I could pick up his prescriptions. Wonderful ,kind caring people.

Room Tip: Just don't ask for a room near the lobby as it is noisier there. We started out on the second fl...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kadacozarh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lake in the Hills, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We just had our wedding reception here and it was absolutely amazing. The staff did everything possible to make our day as perfect as can be. We stayed at the hotel Friday and Saturday, and don't have a single complaint. I'm going to assume the noise complaint from the previous review was about our party, because yes, we got very loud, but that is what happens when you get friends and family in from every state possible! Michael and Arturo went above and beyond any one in the industry. They made our day absolutely magnificent! I highly recommend this hotel for just a night stay or an event. Absolutely amazing staff and accommodations!

Room Tip: All rooms were great!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The room was just ok. Reasonably comfortable bed, average amenities, furniture not in perfect condition and not terribly clean. Nothing special, but seemingly ok. The BIG problem we experienced on our 2-night stay was NOISE. Our room was on the 2nd floor facing the front lobby area. It was extremely noisy into the wee hours of the morning, with parties downstairs and loud people heading up and down the hallways yelling, laughing, talking loud until 3 am. Whenever the people in the room above our walked across the floor, it caused our bed to shudder. We used the thermostat to turn off the A/C-Heat unit in the window, which blows air very loudly, but nonetheless the unit would come on literally every 15 minutes or so all night long, blow cool air very loudly into the room for about 8-10 seconds, then shut itself off. That, together with all the other noise, woke us up all night long. It was a terrible stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is far from the lobby and elevator area, to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the faulty AC/heater in your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. Also, we understand and realize how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the disruptive, loud noises during the night. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future.
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center in early October, 2013. I have no complaints, I would stay here again. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff were exceptionally nice. My coffee maker in my room was not working, and when I went to the restaurant for a cup of coffee, they comped it due to the inconvenience of not having a coffee maker that worked. When I returned to the room later that day, the coffee maker had been replaced. The hotel is in a great location, and I have no complaints.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have stayed here a couple times previously and overall it is a nice place. Very large rooms. We were upgraded to a room with a Jacuzzi; but it appeared to have not been used recently. When I filled it with water, the water was not real clean and there were specs of something in it. Also, there seemed to be a leak of some sort in the bathroom; because there was water on the floor. Due to Club Carlson status, we did have a nice bottle of wine waiting for us in the room. The two room issues were not a big deal. We did not pay extra for the Jacuzzi; but I would have used it; since we had it. We just put some towels down in the bathroom to soak up the water. We did not feel like moving rooms and everything else was clean; so I just mentioned it to the front desk when we left in the morning. We had no issues when we have stayed here previously; so we would not hesitate to stay again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights for business, I have to say this is a very nice hotel, the staff was very helpful and friendly at the front desk and at the restaurant.

The room was spacious, spotless and very comfortable, except for the filthy hairdryer, which I kept myself away from. I enjoyed having a Sleep Number Bed and a big screen TV.

I loved the heated indoor pool with the windows that allowed sunlight in and the music in the background, it was very relaxing after a long day of travel.

The first night I was unable to charge my MP3, although all the connections imaginable we're present in the room, so they offered me to plug it to their computer at the desk for the night.

I went to the computer room a few times while waiting for the food I had ordered in the tiny restaurant and bar across the hall, the internet was fast and chairs were comfortable.

On my last day, I had a nice breakfast at the restaurant while watching the news on the television set mounted on the back wall.

The hotel is not far by walk from the Van Galder bus terminal, around 3 or 5 minutes walking distance and there is also a gas station and other restaurants close by.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Radisson_Rockford, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that everything was to your liking. We look forward to seeing you the next time that your travels bring you into the area.
Lathrup Village
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The Suites were very spacious and the service was great too.
It was slightly disappointed that my booking of my room online was mixed up, but the staff quickly apologized for the inconvenience and fixed the issue.

Room Tip: the suites were very nice and not much more expensive.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Radisson_Rockford, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay. I would like to offer a sincere apology for any confusion that may have come from the reservation mix up. We value your business and hope to see you during your next visit to the area

Radisson Staff