“the sleep number bed was wonderfully firm, a big plus!”

Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Last night we stayed in a famous grand old hotel, with spectacular columns, carved chairs, paintings, and a gourmet restaurant that competes well with almost any place I have dined. But the beds were so soft my back hurt all the next day. I would have slept on the floor but that was so hard my arms ached. Here at the Radisson, a chain motel, we found a sleep number bed that actually provides a firm mattress experience for me and a softer one for my wife! Of course the food is so bad I am regretting eating it, and there is some buzzing motor sound outside that may make sleep still unlikely, but at least my back won't ache. Ahhh..., life on the road.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank winewimp

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at this Hotel on a business trip for two nights , I picked this hotel because it had a bar and restaurant on site , I like to have a few cocktails after working and don't really like driving to find a place to do so. And then worry about driving back to the Hotel .
This Hotel is very nice ,Staff was excellent , Room was nice and clean , Lobby and grounds very well kept.
Bed was very comfy and room had Microwave and frig , Big flat screen TV .
Didn't use the internet But did have Five bars on my Wifi.
The restaurant was nice, the food was awesome.. Very small bar but just right to meet some interesting people , Bar and restaurant staff was very friendly.
I would definitely stay here again , and price!!!! Cant beat the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom K
Reviewed 15 May 2014

While visiting my 93 year-old Dad I chose to stay at the Radisson. The location was great, not to close and not too far. The room was an oasis after hours spent trying to "manage" a senior who is living semi-independently. The amenities in the bathroom were very fine, right down to the personal-size poof. I felt restored each day after a good night's sleep and a hot shower. Thank you to all the staff who helped me sustain my energy and attitude .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We arrived at about 5 pm and drove up to 3 staff members smoking right outside the door. The minute we drove up, they all scrambled inside quickly. We checked in easily with a very friendly man. The chandelier in the lobby is gorgeous...and the first impression of the lobby is very nice!!! Our room was on the 2nd floor, 220. The halls are wide and the design in the carpet is pretty cool...makes you think the hallway is extremely long. LOL Our room was very spacious with taller than average ceilings. It was clean and the temperature throughout our stay was comfortable. We noticed some cracks in the marble bathroom floor and you can tell there is some wear and tear throughout the hotel, but it's VERY minimal and only jumps out at you if you are looking for it. I'm a hotel snob, so I notice everything. The sleep number bed was a new experience for the hubby and I. We had to push EXTREMELY hard on the buttons to get it to work (thought it was broken for awhile...). Personally, I tried several settings and didn't sleep well at all...the hubby said it was ok. Sadly, as wonderful of a hotel this is, I am not sure I could stay here again due to the beds alone. :( Also, we could hear the tv in a room near us extremely loud. Checkout was, again, fast and friendly. The on-property restaurant is very nice and classy. This is truly a great hotel in Rockford (if you don't mind sleep number beds).

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room - there is an overlook to the lobby & gorgeous chandelier!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank weluvtravlin5
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We got in town a little early and asked if we could check in. They were very nice and had a room for us. Our room was very spacious and included a microwave and refrigerator which is not always the case in a standard room. The beds are so comfortable I had to take a nap! The location is great - right off the highway and plenty of dining options near the property.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had to travel to Rockford for work during the cold snap. Even with all the road grime and challenging weather , the place was clean and the staff was in a good mood. The heater in the room was very noise when it was on, and froze up one night . But at -25 I don't think heat pumps are suppose to work! The staff took care of it right away. I pod docks in the room are a nice touch for those of us that like to stream a home radio station when traveling.
Over all very nice. I will stay there next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband was in Rockford and suffered a heart attack-I flew up there to be with him. The people at the Radisson could not have been nicer or more accommodating. I had no way to get back and forth to the hospital which was 2 miles away the last couple days of my 5 day stay and they used their airport shuttle to take me back and forth. The came and picked us us when hubby was released and they even stopped at a pharmacy so I could pick up his prescriptions. Wonderful ,kind caring people.

Room Tip: Just don't ask for a room near the lobby as it is noisier there. We started out on the second fl...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family