“Great hospitality”

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Rockford
“Great hospitality”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our stay was a short one, and after traveling late we were exhausted, the front desk worker Anne was more than accommodating with everything that we needed. The hotel itself was unique, and seemed busy, but was quiet which was nice. We definitely will be coming back

• Stayed June 2014
Roxy R, Front Office Manager at Cliffbreakers Riverside Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with your accommodations. As well, I am happy to hear that you found our staff, especially Anne, to be friendly and helpful. Thank you for choosing Cliffbreakers as your hotel destination! We look forward to having you visit with us again, should your travels bring you back to Rockford!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I decided to give this hotel another shot...it was ok...the window was broken, there were bugs on the walls, and the walls seem thin on the 1st floor ( I could hear doors slam and the upstairs walking)
And while the staff was friendly they didnt seem to know what was going on when I checked in and the cleaning staff was knocking at my door at 9am.
Didnt have the breakfast and I didnt swim.
I however enjoyed the fridge and the very comfy bed. All in all wasnt bad but it wasn't good either.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
I want to apologize for the experience you had during your stay with us. We will certainly look into a solution to the issues you had with the broken window and bugs on the wall. Also, I would like to apologize for the noise issues. We are pleased to know you enjoyed the refrigerator and comfy bed though! If you have any more concerns please do not hesitate to call either myself or my General Manager, Chris at 815-282-3033. Thank you for choosing Cliffbreakers and we hope to see you again when you travel to Rockford!
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We recently stayed at CliffBreakers for a wedding and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They even called twice to check on us and make sure that our room was okay and if we needed anything. The hotel is beautiful and was very clean. Breakfast that came with the room was also a plus and it was very good. Highly recommend and we will be staying there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I am happy to see that your stay was a great one and I hope the family all had fun at the wedding. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Thank you for choosing Cliffbreakers and we hope to see you on your next trip to Rockford!
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at Cliffbreakers while in town for a lacrosse tourney. The hotel has so many beautiful features! I could have walked all over the whole building admiring all the beautiful woodwork and details. The room was a nice size with comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful with anything we asked. You can tell the building is currently being remodeled but the completed areas are very nice. The free breakfast was very good with many hot food choices. The only thing that prevented me giving a five star rating is that much of the carpeting I saw was very dirty. Hopefully the management has planned to either replace or deep clean the carpets. Other previous reviews complained the hotel was located in a bad neighborhood. We felt it was more like an older section of town instead of undesirable. Overall I would highly recommend Cliffbreakers.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you were pleased with our spacious, comfortable accommodations. As well, I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Next time you visit us ask please ask the hotel staff to accommodate you with our "Walking Tour" pamphlet! Thank you for choosing Cliffbreakers and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Rockford!!
Saint Michael
Reviewed 24 May 2014

From the awesome entrance, to the almost art deco setting all over, and old world charm, we really loved this place as soon as we walked in. The staff is extremely nice. I'm sure helpful too, but as luck would have it we needed no help. Check in, supper in their restaurant, breakfast the next morning and we had to go. The prices at the restaurant were just a bit higher than I'd expected, but not unreasonable. We had a two level room. It was very nice, but did need upgrade and repair. But still, for the same price as a chain, we had a room with our bed up stairs in a "loft" and we had a living room with 3 sided fireplace down stairs. All with a room overlooking the river. Since our son has just moved to Rockford, we've already booked a room for going back for another visit in couple weeks. The staff did mention they were under new management, and that will likely make some of the minor cosmetic issues much better. But overall - SUPER NICE PLACE

Room Tip: Call the hotel itself and ask for a two level room. They're pretty cool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've stayed here plenty of times, and absolutely love the place. It is always very clean and has a phenomenal breakfast! The guest service at the front counter was exceptional tonight like it is every other time we've been here. Thank you very much!

• Stayed May 2014
Illinois
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Travel Buddy and I have stayed at Cliffbreakers several times over the years.

Our most recent stay was pleasant, except for the noise apparently caused by lodgers located directly above us. It seemed that they paced in their room from 4-9 am. But we didn't complain. It is apparent as seasoned travelers, that unless you request a room on the top floor of any hotel/motel, you may be subjected to an elephant parade : ( Nonetheless, our 2 queen bed river view room was very nice and clean. The first pillow I tried was like a rock, so I traded it with another on the other bed--that worked! The mattress was quite comfortable. The room had a sofa sleeper with a wobbly coffee table. The hot breakfast served the next morning was plentiful, albeit, the eggs quite dry (any food kept hot in a buffet server suffers from this). Must say, the breakfast room servers were quite attentive, keeping the serving areas wiped and even taking our empty plates. For that, we tipped them! The Boar (yes, it's a Boar) water fountain was not turned on, or simply not working. Yes, Cliffbreakers could use a facelift, no doubt. But for the price we paid for this stay, which included hot breakfast (and fabulous coffee), it was a great value. (Way better than their King bed river view room with a beat-up faux sleigh bed for almost $30 more at another recent stay here.) The front desk check-in and check-out attendants were both very friendly.

Fix the "ouches" Cliffbreakers! If/when the new hotel complex happens in downtown Rockford, you may just lose the Coronado Theater's show and play goers who wish to spend the night in Rockford...

Room Tip: If you can afford it or just wish to splurge, you must stay in one of Cliffbreakers upper floor bi-l...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple