“Average”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 9 July 2010

My fiance and I stopped here on our way back home. We had stayed in the Sleep Inn in Madison and decided to stay at this Sleep Inn in Rockford. The differences were considerable.
The hotel served our purpose-a decent bed and a good shower and let us have our dog for a fee. That's about it though.

Everytime I went down to the front desk the staff was on a personal phone call and it got kind of annoying.

The continental breakfast wasn't great. Some of it looked like it just got tossed into the display.

Overall, I wish we would have stayed somewhere else. I would have been willing to pay more because at least I would have gotten my money's worth elsewhere.

Bottom line-if you just need a place to crash for a night, then stop here. Otherwise, go to the one the other ones nearby.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2010

Last year we stayed here and liked it well enough to return this year. What a huge disappointment this year, 2010. It is obvious that the owners are letting the entire property be neglected and are not maintaining it to any reasonable degree. Awful odors in the lobby and stairways. Many common items are broken and have been that way for some time. Also, noisy hallway doors keep us awake. With many, many hotels at this exit there is no need to settle for dirty, smelly and broken.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2010

would recommend sleeping in your car, room was filthy dirty, bathroom light didnt work, reported it to front desk, they told us to come down and get a light bulb??? we did, and light ficture was broken, a night in darkness, the walls are paper thin, you hear people coming and going ., there is a male revue dance club 100 feet from there, hotel is buzy all hours of the niight and early am......would recommend taking a match to it!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank pokerface01
Reviewed 27 April 2009

We were very pleased with our experience here. The rooms was quiet, and clean. Check in and check out were both easy and fast. Great value at $71.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2008

After walking out of the Rockford Travel Lodge, which was the filthiest place I had ever seen I found the Sleep Inn. The room was clean and spacious and a breath of fresh air. Even though it is righ on the Interstate it was very quite and restfull. A thumbs up. We very much enjoyed our stay

The evening Front Desk person however was always busy on the Lobby computer and may need to be talked to about this. Also I feel the Front of the House needs to wear uniforms

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2008

We stayed one night at the Sleep Inn Rockford IL.
Motel is close to I-90, but right next door is a "gentlemen's club" with big bright flashing neon signs. I was a little apprehensive about the motel, but overall it was a decent place to spend the night.

Room was clean and conforms to the typical business motel standard. Bathroom has shower only. King size bed was comfortable.
Continental breakfast was o.k.

I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2008

I had booked my room via Orbitz and someone travelling with me had booked theirs directly with the hotel. Their rate was $30 less than mine for the same room. I requested a rate change from the manager on duty during check in and was told that they didn't have the authority to change the rates. After seeing my room - double beds instead of king, no bedside lamps, smelled funny, iron didn't work - I checked out a day early and went to another hotel. After speaking with the manager on duty the next morning and explaining, again, that I was unhappy with the rates, she changed them for me. Definitely inconsistency in their "policy" administration. My son is attending college nearby this location but I don't think that I would stay there again. Too many other choices.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo