“Not a typical Comfort Inn, but decent value”

Comfort Inn Rockford
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not a typical Comfort Inn, but decent value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed here with a large group in June 2011. Was quoted a very low rate for a Comfort Inn so we booked it. Hotel was an OK value for the price paid but it was not the usual Comfort Inn experience. Rooms were decent sized and service was good. But breakfast was thin, one room had a broken A/C, and the place is worn. If your main concern is price, it will be fine. But given the quotes we received from other hotels, we should've spent a few bucks more for a (presumably) nicer place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank red10dc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago-ish
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Basically, this was the least expensive hotel I could find that had an indoor pool. I called at 8am the morning I was to check-in to see if early check-in was possible, and I was told to show up any time, the room was ready. Derrico at the front desk was great. I told him I had 2 small kids, so it was best to not book rooms around us if possible so we don't bother anyone, and he really appreciated it. The rooms and facilities were very clean, and everyone was very helpful. Breakfast choices are limited, but what do you expect. With a microwave and fridge in the room, it was everything we needed for an overnight trip. Convenient location, near plenty of food options.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cshep975
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

My father (age 70) and I stayed here for one night during a recent road trip.

We used a coupon from the RoomSaver book that you can pick up at rest areas and truck stops for a $44 rate. We checked in late at night.

Hotel parking is rather odd -- there's a small parking lot on the front side of the building, with room for more cars around back. But there is no direct entrance to the hotel from the back (that we could find), and the hotel's key-access lock on the side door was broken. Since the elevator has a central location in the hotel, it was a longish walk from the car with our belongings.

The hotel room was average, 2Q beds, fridge and microwave, free internet access. It was clean, and smelled fine. The bathroom was on the small side. The sink was located in the same room with the tub and toilet. The bathroom is in need of a refurbishment. Fixtures and tub looked tired.

Free breakfast consisted of bagels, fresh waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit, toast and muffins, coffee, juice, tea, milk.

There is a small indoor pool and hot tub, but we checked in too late to use either.

If staying in Rockford again with the same budget, I would try the Red Roof Inn across the street.

We had a 2nd floor room.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Rae A
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

I have stayed at this hotel at least 7 times and this hotel is fine. It is a great bargain! The rooms are fine and the staff are friendly. There is a computer in the lobby with Internet access as well. You can walk across the street to pick up the Van Galder bus to O'Hare at the Holiday Inn. I stay at this hotel just about every time that I visit my mother in Rockford.

Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelinManTexas
Fort Langley, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

This is not a good or honest chain of hotels. They are not honest in it's distribution of points. They accept your card and make promises at check in then later refuse to give you the points you've earned, using untrue statements to justify their decision. In addition underhanded tactics are used when they also automatically add a charge to your bill for the use of the safe in the room. They will only reverse the charge if YOU happen to notice and bring it to their attention. Desk staff frequently rude and keep clients waiting for long periods of time.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank starlightshine
Aurora, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

I worked with the staff in advance to secure a group for our boys soccer team... actually 2 teams. We received a rate of $104.99 per night for room with 2 queen beds. While a few other hotels in the area were cheaper, this one had a pool and a continental breakfast, which we really needed for all the kids. The staff was less than pleasant... god forbid anyone crack a smile! Overall the hotel was clean and tidy and only one on our team was dissatisfied with the room saying it had hair in the bathroom. The continental breakfast was definately lacking... for the money there should have been more. A fitness room would have been nice too. The pool needs attention. I don't know what chemical imbalance it had, but you couldn't see the bottom as it was hazy and in my opinion created a hazard if a child drowned you might not see him! Also, we got charged for the safe in our room! Hello??? We didn't use it and were NOT advised of the fee. The Wi-Fi was good throughout the hotel. We, all 30something of us, were incredibly unhappy with the service of the front desk staff... most of the time they were rude and gave me the feeling that I was an inconvenience to them.
It's too bad really... the overall hotel itself is comfortable and clean... the service sucks!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank travelchristie
South New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2009

We chose Comfort Inn because of price. We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the place (especially since I had read some negative reviews). Staff was fast and very friendly; room was quite nice, with a fridge and microwave. Internet was easy and fast, and free (which I was not sure would be the case). I don't know how so many hotels can survive in a small area (there must be 30+ in the surrounding square mile), but I hope this one does. We visit my dad in Rockford occasionally, and we'll be staying here from now on.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple