“Ugh!”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Columbia, Missouri
“Ugh!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The bathroom was filthy,with hair from the previous occupant, the mattresses had valleys and were lumpy. The WiFi didn't work, the refrigerator right next to the bed sounded like a jet engine when it ran, which it did all night. There were screaming drunk women in the hallway about two am, a car alarm that went off in the parking lot for about thirty minutes in the middle of the night and it took fifteen minutes to check out to get a receipt. The desk clerk asked how our stay was when I checked out. When I told him his reply was "oh, the night auditor told me about the the drunks.". No apology, no discount offer, nothing. Wouldn't stay here again if someone paid me!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank katrinemo
Anna F, Manager at Comfort Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Comfort Inn-Rockford, Ill. I appreciate you bringing these things to my attention so that a follow up with each department can ensure that they get addressed. We strive for each guest to have a restful night but there are times when things happen beyond our control, but I will make sure that the staff responds in a more timely manner. Again, thank you for the valuable feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stay at comfort often this on was pretty standard breakfast bar was well attended even with a crowd. Room was clean I did not find an exercise room.

There is an extra 1.50per night safe fee which they will take off if you don't use the safe and you request it. Frankly, you should not have to ask!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Stephen, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn-Rockford, Ill. The warranty fee is something that can be removed at check in or at check out. We do not hide the fee, it is on your registration card, but we leave it up to the guests to use it or to pass. We respect your privacy to do so. With so many people traveling with laptop computers and many devices, the safes are a welcomed amenty for many people. I am glad that the rest of your stay was pleasant and I do hope you stay with us in the future.
IOWA CITY
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is a budget hotel, but very reasonable. My room was clean and comfortable. Checking was a breeze. The exercise equipment worked as did the vending machine. Internet was fine. Breakfast was reasonable. Overall, I have to say this was a good value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Anna F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn-Rockford, Ill. We appreciate knowing when things go well and that we are on the right track. I will share your comments with the staff and we will continue to strive to give a great product for the right price. We hope to see you again.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Well, my title says it all really! My first clue should have been when there were three people behind the desk, one helping another check-in and I had to wait... These people are lucky I'm not their boss! Again the quality of the Choice Motel network seems to have really declined in the past three years. It's kinda sad really, because the rewards card and all that makes for some good deals, like free nights eventually and gift cards. So, I got hooked back in by the commercials and here we are: rather disappointed. I like to be able to be rolling along in the car, make an 800 phone call and book a room based on where we are, make points, etc. and be happy!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edie W
Anna F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
With summer in full swing our busiest check in time is between 4:00pm & 6:00pm. In order to train new people they do move a little slower. I am sorry that this delays the check in process. It is the only way they will learn. Although we strive for a speedy check in speed is secondary to getting the guest checked in properly. . We have some unsightly stains on some of our hallway carpeting but it is not vomit. There was no report of vomit by any of the staff. If there was vomit it would have been taken care of immediately.
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stopped here overnight. It was old so that there were a few bumps and dents in the walls. But the place was very clean and everything worked well. Service was good.

In one word, the experience was balanced. The room was neither spacious nor cramped. The breakfast (if that is important to you) was the standard fare but fresh, tasty and had a fair amount of choice. The room was old, but had microwave, fridge, safe and everything worked well. I swam in the pool the next morning - it was warm enough to not shudder when I got in, but cool enough for exercising. It was a good deal with a reasonable price for all that was included.

I would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to express you thoughts regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn-Rockford, Ill. We value all feedback and I will share your comments with the staff. We stive to be the best in the market and will continue to a good job. We hope to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Found a charge on my bank card- after we checked out that they have "no idea how it got there". We had a 4 day 3 night pre-paid reservation and yet an additional charge magically appeared. The staff for the most part is OK with the exception of the young female Manager. The hotel itself is older and noisy at night- we could hear the people upstairs- stomping around like cattle each morning. They don't honor the Guest Priviledges extended check out -- BAD Business practices. I would stay at Holiday Inn Express or Hilton Garden Inn or Fairmont Inn-- all on the same "corner" ...but avoid this property if you want to protect your wallet.

Room Tip: Stay across the street at the Holiday Inn Express.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LionOBrien
Anna F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rockford, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
The website does indicate that there may be authorizations charged to the card without the card being presented. All authorizations were refunded in the proper time frame as per the policy posted at the front desk. We do and did honor the late check out based on our availability for this date.
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The room had a king bed which was very comfortable. Having one bed in the room made it seem larger and easier to get a round in. The bathroom seemed small with the door hitting the sink, otherwise it was clean and very usable. It was nice that housekeeping only made the bed and replaced the towels, don't like it when they move things around.
There was a safe in the room but we did not use it. There are a lot of places to eat and shop right around in the area. Desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Didn't try out the pool so can't say how good it was. The breakfast was cold, rubbery and unappetizing to us and we ate out the rest of the time we stayed at the hotel. The hall carpets could have used a good shampooing because there were some stains in several places.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn-Rockford, Ill. We share all of the feedback with the staff. It is important to know when we are doing things right. We hope to see you again in the future.