Comfort Inn Rockford
Red Roof Inn Rockford(Rockford)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$144
US$133
US$193
US$179
All reviewskind ladyroom was cleansmall areafirst floorthe holiday innwaffle makerking roomeasy accessamberchicago
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Checked into this hotel this past weekend. As we walked in, the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. Hallways looked dirty - outdated, carpet / décor. We were there 5 minutes before my wife said she could not handle staying there. We did not even bring in our luggage from the car as she was too disgusted by everything. Very disappointing for a choice hotel as we are privilege members. I went to the front desk and explained the situation to the clerk. The clerk allowed was nice and allowed me to cancel room.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shane B
Anna F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Shane,
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at the Comfort Inn-Rockford, Ill. I am sorry that you thought you smelled cigarette smoke. We are a property that allows smoking and at times the guests will stand by the front door and smoke. This sometimes filters into the lobby. I am sorry this was what you encountered and I am glad that the person working the desk was willing to cancel your reservation to your satisfaction. I do hope that your stay in Rockford turned out to be a memorable one no matter where you stayed.

Anna Feetham, G.M.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Choice hotels give you good clean rooms with plenty of space. Breakfast simple but OK

Very friendly and helpful staff. Plenty of good eating places close by.

Easy to find with enough parking. Will stay here again

Room Tip: Fairly quiet location so all rooms should be OK
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Anna F, Manager at Comfort Inn Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Robert, Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn-Rockford, Ill. We do appreciate your feedback and we will continue to do the best we can at delivering a qualtiy product for a fair price. We do hope to see you again soon.
Cordially,
Anna Feetham, G.M.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel this past Friday. Today I seen the hotel charged me twice. I've talked with the bank who confirmed that I've been charged twice. The rude hotel manager has been persistent that the bank and I are morons and it only pre-authorized twice. Even after giving exact times of pre-authorizing and taking the money twice, I'm still wrong. I now have to go sign a dispute to get it corrected.

The hotel wasn't that great either, especially for the price! The bathtub floor was black, the breakfast was empty at 7am and was only refilled to the extent of what we specifically asked for. The guy who checked us in was nice and informative, so at least they have one competent employee. We won't be returning to the hotel for service and attitude.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Shilea W
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My son and I stayed here two nights while he was playing in a soccer tournament. We travel often for soccer and hockey and usually stay in hotels at this price point. This property was in need of remodeling, and while the room and bathroom were clean, they seemed a little dingy and dated. We could only get one key for our room, and the desk clerk was very surly, almost rude. I had to read and sign a long list of rules. The pool area is tiny and has no hot tub. It was beautiful outside but when I tried to open the room window I found a metal screw in the frame that prevented me from opening it more than an inch or so. The ventilation controls were poor and we could not get the room to stay at a comfortable temperature. We were supposed to get a Triple A discount and it showed when we checked in, but when we checked out it had disappeared. If you are in this area of Rockford there are MANY better options close by.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim H
Anna F, Manager at Comfort Inn Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Tim, Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn-Rockford, Ill. Thank you for staying with us during the tournament. We do have a welcome letter that helps us to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay. The windows have a safety latch on them. It is a safety measure since we do have 3 floors in our hotel. I do not have your last name so I am unable to know what room you occupied and what rate your reservation was booked at. During tournaments most or all discounts are not available. If you would provide your last name for me I would be happy to take a look and see if there is anything I can do regarding the rate. Please feel free to call me at 815-398-7061 or email me at anna.feetham@pillarhotels.com. Again, thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you in the future. Cordially, Anna Feetham, G.M.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The place is not crowded, the rooms are decent for this price. The pool is nice and it is in a nice location. I stayed here with my brother and walked across to a bar for an evening drink or three. A value hotel that seems to be well cared for.

Room Tip: request a higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Anna F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I do appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to do this for us. I am pleased to know that you visited the restaurant next door and had a pleasant experience there too. We work closely with several restaraunts and like to hear feedback on how they are treating our guests. We do hope to see you again in the future.
Anna Feetham