“What you'd expect from a $44 motel.”

Comfort Inn Rockford
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 25 July 2010

My father (age 70) and I stayed here for one night during a recent road trip.

We used a coupon from the RoomSaver book that you can pick up at rest areas and truck stops for a $44 rate. We checked in late at night.

Hotel parking is rather odd -- there's a small parking lot on the front side of the building, with room for more cars around back. But there is no direct entrance to the hotel from the back (that we could find), and the hotel's key-access lock on the side door was broken. Since the elevator has a central location in the hotel, it was a longish walk from the car with our belongings.

The hotel room was average, 2Q beds, fridge and microwave, free internet access. It was clean, and smelled fine. The bathroom was on the small side. The sink was located in the same room with the tub and toilet. The bathroom is in need of a refurbishment. Fixtures and tub looked tired.

Free breakfast consisted of bagels, fresh waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit, toast and muffins, coffee, juice, tea, milk.

There is a small indoor pool and hot tub, but we checked in too late to use either.

If staying in Rockford again with the same budget, I would try the Red Roof Inn across the street.

We had a 2nd floor room.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank xrae

Reviewed 16 February 2010

I have stayed at this hotel at least 7 times and this hotel is fine. It is a great bargain! The rooms are fine and the staff are friendly. There is a computer in the lobby with Internet access as well. You can walk across the street to pick up the Van Galder bus to O'Hare at the Holiday Inn. I stay at this hotel just about every time that I visit my mother in Rockford.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelinManTexas
Reviewed 26 August 2009

This is not a good or honest chain of hotels. They are not honest in it's distribution of points. They accept your card and make promises at check in then later refuse to give you the points you've earned, using untrue statements to justify their decision. In addition underhanded tactics are used when they also automatically add a charge to your bill for the use of the safe in the room. They will only reverse the charge if YOU happen to notice and bring it to their attention. Desk staff frequently rude and keep clients waiting for long periods of time.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank starlightshine
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I worked with the staff in advance to secure a group for our boys soccer team... actually 2 teams. We received a rate of $104.99 per night for room with 2 queen beds. While a few other hotels in the area were cheaper, this one had a pool and a continental breakfast, which we really needed for all the kids. The staff was less than pleasant... god forbid anyone crack a smile! Overall the hotel was clean and tidy and only one on our team was dissatisfied with the room saying it had hair in the bathroom. The continental breakfast was definately lacking... for the money there should have been more. A fitness room would have been nice too. The pool needs attention. I don't know what chemical imbalance it had, but you couldn't see the bottom as it was hazy and in my opinion created a hazard if a child drowned you might not see him! Also, we got charged for the safe in our room! Hello??? We didn't use it and were NOT advised of the fee. The Wi-Fi was good throughout the hotel. We, all 30something of us, were incredibly unhappy with the service of the front desk staff... most of the time they were rude and gave me the feeling that I was an inconvenience to them.
It's too bad really... the overall hotel itself is comfortable and clean... the service sucks!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank travelchristie
Reviewed 16 April 2009

We chose Comfort Inn because of price. We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the place (especially since I had read some negative reviews). Staff was fast and very friendly; room was quite nice, with a fridge and microwave. Internet was easy and fast, and free (which I was not sure would be the case). I don't know how so many hotels can survive in a small area (there must be 30+ in the surrounding square mile), but I hope this one does. We visit my dad in Rockford occasionally, and we'll be staying here from now on.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2009

The only this hotel has going for it was the staff. The pool was as hot (or hotter) than the hot tub and both were very dirty. It was revolting. There was a scary "thug' like presence of guests that made me question what a group of young people were doing in a hotel and what was causing traffic back and forth to their 1st floor room. It was weird and unsettling. Stay away from this creepy hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank pikedb
Reviewed 24 June 2008

We checked into our room, took showers, and left for the evening. Upon returning we found someone else's belongings left in our room. The hotel had CHECKED SOMEONE ELSE INTO OUR ROOM, WITH OUR STUFF IN IT! This person must have put their stuff down and left, luckily they did not STEAL anything! When we alerted the staff, they made miserable attempts to fix the problem, trying FOUR times to change the keys so the other people could not get in. They made NO other attempts to solve the problem. When I demanded to speak to the manager, the staff called her, and didn't even let me speak to her! No manager ever contacted us about this problem until I made a formal complain with the corporate office the next day! They didn't even alert the other people who had our room keys, just locked them out! These people began banging on our room door at 12:30 am because they wanted their stuff! We had to get out of bed and explain the situation, and that we brought their stuff to the lobby! Then the lobby didn't give them all their stuff and they were back at 1:00 am looking for a bag that we had RETURNED! I will not go into the other problems people in my party had with this hotel. Everyone was rude, inept at their job, and ridiculous. They are lucky we are not suing and didn't get anything stolen from our room that they allowed strangers into. I, and my family, will never stay with a Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank homebodyIllinois