“Setting a new precedent”
Review of Copperstone Inn

Copperstone Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Rockton B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Setting a new precedent”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This was quite simply one of the best weekends away my husband and I have ever had. We have stayed at many B and Bs, none of them come close to the level of attention to detail, luxury, and love put into the Copperstone Inn. The owners, Rich and Chrissie go above and beyond every day to ensure each guest feels pampered and every need is met. Upon arrival, Rich gave us a top to bottom tour of the house including the original structure's history and the steps they took to preserve and enhance the location. asking, Rich gave us a garmin to use for a cruise around the countryside and helped us plan a winery tour. Among the many amenities, each room is equipped with a state of the art Sirius sound system, energy saving motion sensor lighting, and fresh baked cookies! From the jacuzzi house, entertainment room, spa, bar, and sitting rooms to the beautiful grounds, garden, pavilion, and outdoor grill area the place is simply perfect. Did I mention the gourmet breakfasts prepared by Saundra? The opportunity to meet new people and hear their stories over breakfast is one of the best aspects of a bed and breakfast, this was no exception. It was a great way to find out what other guests did the day before and get recommendations for area attractions. We can't wait to go back and in fact we are already planning to before the end of the year. It was a pleasure getting to know Rich and Chrissie and delightful to stay with them for the weekend.

Room Tip: Go with one of the bigger rooms, they are worth the money!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at Copperstone Inn on a whim after deciding we wanted to go away for a couple days. The inn was absolutely beautiful and felt very upscale. We loved the gourmet breakfasts and also enjoyed using the hot tub at night. One thing to keep in mind is that there aren't a lot of restaurants or things to do in Rockton so you may want to travel a bit farther to enjoy a nice dinner. We are still talking about our stay even though it was several months ago and will definitely be back. The hospitality and food were the best we've ever had at a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Nice getaway the Inn keeper was amazing the rooms where a Li'l over themed but nice the grounds offered a great view. Breakfast was fantastic but if you want to dine alone or have intamant conversation i don't know if that's option you are pretty much placed with the other guest and there is a set time for breakfast.

But you will enjoy the access to the hot tub, grill and acres of land the Midwest has to offer.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Kevin P
Lake Zurich, Illinois
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I booked a stay at the Copperstone Inn after seeing a friend's pictures on facebook of a wedding she attended there. I wanted something both close to home, romantic, and also out of the ordinary. This beautiful Inn provided all that and more.

We had the luxury of going during the week when the Inn was empty so we had the place to ourselves. We wandered the grounds, peeked in at the gorgeous pavilion, watched movies in their common rooms, booked a couples massage, and more or less just relaxed and enjoyed our time away. The amenities were pristine and the staff, Saundra and Chrissie were so kind and accommodating. Part of me wishes we could have booked in every season to see how the extensive grounds change with each season.

Although not the cheapest B&B around, this place is well worth the money and in my opinion very reasonable for all that is offered with each stay. The rooms were flawless with everything from the room specific decor to the unbelievable bathrooms equipped with all the amenities one could want.

If you are looking for a great quick getaway this is a great place to stay. I would and have recommended to many of my friends.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Thompson s Station, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Stayed in the Sundance Room. Absolutely fantastic property! Incredible breakfast. Too hard to have to leave.

Room Tip: Rockton Inn for dinner, get the lava cake for dessert!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Winfield
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I can't say enough good things about the 2 peaceful nights I spent in the Apple Cellar. The Copperstone is a warm and welcoming home, very clean, very comfortable. I was welcomed with a tour of the house and grounds, warm cookies in my room and an excellent referral for dinner that evening. In the morning, I awoke to a mouth-watering breakfast (thanks, Sylvia!), which even left me with left-overs for lunch.
I felt like I was in a private movie theater, lounging on the couch in front of the large-screen with surround sound, catcing up on movies I'd missed in theaters.
I also took advantage of the spa services--so relaxing! I requested a pedicure & facial, and the appointments were set for after breakfast, leaving the rest of the day open. The estheticians who came in were wonderful--very professional.
The second night, I was the only guest, so I was asked several times for breakfast requests. The best I could do was "surprise me," and I'm so glad I left it up to Sylvia. The smoothie, the quiche, the muffins, the sausage: outstanding.
I hope to make this the first of many visits!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank serabella1
Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This was by far the best lodging experience we have ever had. And we have traveled a fair amount. From the moment we arrived, to the time that we regretably had to leave, everything was perfect. We stayed in the limestone loft, and it felt like a small apartment. There is a luxury feel to everything, without being too...elegant. The owners thought of everything, the attention to detail is very evident throughout the entire property.. Everyone from the owners, to the innkeeper, to the chef was pleasant and welcoming. The property and grounds are beautiful, the website, although well done, does not do it justice. And the breakfast! Unbelievably delicious. Everything about our stay far exceeded our expectations. Can,t think of even one negative. We are so glad that we found this place, can,t wait to go back. It was a great value for what is offered.

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockton
Ironworks Hotel
#2 of 8 in Beloit
Alpine Inn
Alpine Inn
#9 of 24 in Rockford

Been to Copperstone Inn? Share your experiences!