“Back for a second stay”
Review of Copperstone Inn

Copperstone Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Rockton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We just got back from a stay at the Inn. My daughter was married in the pavilion last year. We stayed the night then. The people there are wonderful. They make us feel right at home. We walked the grounds, took advantage of the hot tub and watched a movie in the basement theater room. We stayed in the wine cellar room. It was very clean and quiet. We loved it. This will definitely be an annual get away.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Copperstone Inn

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently stayed at this Bed & Breakfast the night before my July 4th wedding. I had seen the B&B before my bridesmaids had, but words couldn't even describe how absolutely stunning and breathtaking this place was. I remember waiting anxiously at the location for my bridesmaids to pull up, and when I saw the look on all of their faces, they were in complete awe and how gorgeous it was. I remember saying "just wait till you see the inside." All of the women who greeted us and gave us a tour were extremely accommodating and welcoming. We felt at home right away. The Copperstone Inn is absolutely immaculate when it comes to cleanliness, and it was the perfect place to get a great nights sleep the night before my big day.My Maid of Honor and myself stayed in the Queen's Retreat, and that is exactly what I felt like, a Queen. My other bridesmaids paired up and stayed in the Northwoods Loft, the Sundance Suite, and the Farmer's Quarter. Each room was so unique in it's own way. We were so happy with our stay and I cannot wait to get back there and show the place to my husband! I am going to make it a point to celebrate anniversaries at the luxurious Copperstone Inn. My only regret is that I did not get to take the time to enjoy the amazing home cooked meal the morning of the 4th because I was busy getting things ready. My bridesmaids made sure they reminded me how great the food was though ;) Saundra went above and beyond to make sure our stay was exactly what we had wanted, and more. I am beyond grateful for all that she did to make us feel relaxed and comfortable. It is worth every penny!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We absolutely loved our little getaway at the Copperstone Inn. We only stayed one night, but we wish we could've stayed longer. Everything about it encourages relaxation and peacefulness. We were so impressed with the gorgeous rooms and excellent service by everyone we met. The breakfast was delicious and huge. Everything (inside and outside) is immaculate. This place is a true gem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The attention to detail is what makes the Copperstone such a great place. The staff are all great and provide the best experience for guests. I enjoy the quietness of the rooms and really get the best sleep ever when staying! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My fiancé and I first stayed here back in November to check out the Pavillion for our wedding , we booked it (of course) and chose to book the entire copperstone inn as well for the weekend of the wedding because it was such an amazing stay. We stayed there again with my parents a few weeks ago and they absolutely fell in love with it as well. The entire grounds are beautiful, the inn is gorgeous inside and out. The staff is so sweet and so helpful. All my mom and I kept saying was we wished we could live there. My fiancé and I plan on going every year for our anniversary. We can not wait for our wedding party to get to experience this as well, we know they will just be blown away! It's impossible not to be! If you have the opportunity to stay here, DO IT! We also got a couples massage the first time we were there which was also amazing! The cookies they leave in the room for you are delicious and the breakfast is as well. I could write about this place all day and it still wouldn't emphasize enough how much I love it!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Jes121085
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I surprised my mom with a girls weekend for her birthday in September of 2013. I researched quite a few B&B's in Illinois and stumbled upon the website for the Copperstone Inn and was blown away by the gorgeous rooms and amenities after seeing what they had to offer. I instantly knew it was the right place for a great weekend.

We stayed in the Sundance Suite, which had a western, rustic feel. We were greeted by Amy upon arrival, and her hospitality was just wonderful. Warm cookies awaited us in the room, and I splurged and ordered us the chocolate dipped strawberries to enjoy before dinner...well worth it! After a tour of the property, we relaxed (we had just gotten back from the farmers market in Beloit and lunch at Bushel & Peck's...totally recommend if you are headed up on a Saturday!) and each took a bath in the huge tub. Plenty of hot water for both of us to fill it up and what a relaxing experience! After getting ready for the evening, we were treated to a wine and cheese hour in the common area of the Copperstone, where we relaxed and had our choice of two delicious wines...a red and a white option. We went out to dinner in downtown Rockford, although Amy was happy to order us in pizza if we wanted! We decided to go explore instead and had a wonderful dinner at Abreo.

The room was cozy, the bed was absolutely enormous and comfortable with tons of pillows and blankets. The room darkening shades were great to sleep in a bit...but we made sure to be awake for the delicious breakfast Amy prepared. Huge portions of a delicious fresh asparagus, egg and cheese strata, french toast, fresh granola, berry and yogurt parfait. Coffee was hot and tasty, and fresh squeezed orange juice. There was so much good food that we couldn't even eat our entire meal. After breakfast, we were invited to walk the property (it was a gorgeous morning) and did just that before heading back to the Chicago suburbs.

Copperstone was the perfect little get-away. Absolutely state-of-the-art technology in the rooms and sound system in the room. Warm, inviting decor, beautiful common places to gather, and a delicious breakfast. Great for a girls weekend, couples retreat, or honeymoon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Luv2traveloff10
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We learned about the Copperstone Inn a few months ago on TripAdvisor. I booked a stay for us to celebrate my wife's birthday. We had never stayed at a B&B before and were unsure of what to expect. It was a great experience! From our arrival until our departure we were taken care of in a relaxing and warm atmosphere. We stayed in the Limestone Loft which is an exceptional space. We also enjoyed reading in one of the common areas and taking a nice walk around the property before breakfast. (It was late March so we brought boots for the mud.) Very nice to see the rows of apple trees and walk some of the paths through the woods. We had dinner delivered from a local italian restaurant, but the staff was ready with all sorts of recommendations if we wanted to go back out. The breakfast was really great and they even accommodated special dietary needs. If you are staying only one night like we did, I recommend checking in as early as possible so you have plenty of time to relax and enjoy unwinding in this lovely inn.

Room Tip: All the rooms look great, but check out the pictures for each one on their website so you can pick o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank swyantk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockton
Ironworks Hotel
Red Roof Inn Rockford
#6 of 24 in Rockford
Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites Beloit/South Beloit
Cliffbreakers Riverside Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Copperstone Inn? Share your experiences!