“Sadly Gone Downhill........” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rockton, Illinois
“Sadly Gone Downhill........”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Rockton Inn was a treasure for a long time. We were happy to see it reopen and it was good for a while. Unfortunately, lots of internal and unfortunate problems caused the wonderful chef to leave and the kitchen now seems to be run by someone who doesn't know how to cook and flavor food. The staff (who were wonderful) have all left and we are now served by people who seem to care less that you are there spending your money. The owner has been observed drunk on several occasions and seems to have a "hands off" attitude. I cannot imagine this restaurant will remain open much longer. Food =BAD Service + BAD. Why spend my $$ here?

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LatteGirl947

Rockford, Illinois
“Overpriced, Mostly Good Food, Horrible Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I used to go to the Rockton Inn nearly every Friday when I was much younger, and the food was fabulous. I recently returned, and was pretty disappointed. The service was horrible. They seemed to have plenty of staff (and empty tables) but it took 20 min to be seated. 3 separate waitresses tried to take our orders. Our menus were difficult to read photocopies. Our food got out to us in a timely fashion and was good, but way overpriced for the portion sizes. We also didn't get any soup or salad like you'd usually get with dinners at that price. Some of the food like the bruschetta and fried shrimp were great, but the fish fry was clearly small frozen bits of cod, not fresh, and no one ever asked if my husband wanted more (it was all you can eat) or even came back to ask how we were doing. The waitress also couldn't figure out how to split our check two ways and even tossed in charges for drinks we didn't order. The place was clean but very boring looking and loud with a pop music station playing. We will not be returning.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CaitPenn
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Great lunch selections”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Kind of eclectic, paninis, quiche, blackened chicken, stuffed chicken breast with crabmeat & cheese. Excellent service, and neat decor.

Visited March 2013
Elmhurst, Illinois
“I don't think my steak was anything more than a poor piece of beef!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

This place was suggested to us by some family. We did not have a good experience at all. The food is exactly what you pay for. My husband and I both had steak, but I'm not sure it was at all a poor piece of beef. The appetizers were not good and the decor was questionable. The servie was poor and our waitress made some very off the wall and offensive comments. If you aren't in the mood for an upscale bar, I would stay away from here.

• Visited March 2013
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
“Owner very rude, food poor quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Our visit this evening was very disappointing. We had a Groupon which they refused to accept due to the fact that we ordered the Date Night Special. I had the coupon on the table when we ordered, but they said nothing until after they brought our appetizer and then told us we would not be able to use it because it was a special. Our waitress said she would talk to the owner to see what they could do. We could hear the owner in a very loud voice half way across the restaurant saying no they would not do that. Our $30 Groupon expires in 2 days so they would give us $15 off our meal. We ended up paying for our 3 meals and have our Groupon. The female owner and another lady stood behind the bar and stared at us during our entire meal. The food is not worth the price they charge and was very tasteless. I brought my entree home and will try to spice it up some so we can eat it. Meat was tough. We had tried to order off the regular menu, but they were out of ribs, prime rib, sliced beef and hard to say what else. Everything we picked they were out of. It was 5:30 on a Tues. and they are closed on Monday. Sounds like poor management to me. They can be assured my $30 Groupon will buy them lots of good advertisement. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, I only wish I had read the reviews earlier. We have eaten at this establishment in the past and it was fantastic.

• Visited April 2013