“3 DAY midweek break (very impressed)”

Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Faithlegg
Dublin, Ireland
“3 DAY midweek break (very impressed)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Just returned from a superb 3 day break . We received a very good welcome on arrival - all the staff were so friendly and helpful. I would rate the food as 5 star dinner every night was excellent and the staff could not do enough for us especially Michael who was on duty every night and again full of the joys the following morning for breakfast.

We had a free golf clinic every morning and played the course afterwards which was soo busy but the weather was great thankfully. There is so much to do and see in the area the staff gave us a few different walks to do which they printed out . The rooms were excellent very clean with tea/coffee and biscuits - out time there went too quickly just didn't have time to use the spa.

Just can't wait to go back for another visit

Room Tip: Our rooms were on first floor large and sunny.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We spend 3 nights over bank holiday and have to admit place is lovely. We booked double room which unfortunately was overlooking the car park. Room did not look as lovely as on the website but all the facilities where there. Golf was very cheap only €25 per person, course was lovely and there weren't many people playing which was great. Breakfast was great, choice of all you want. Dinner was disappointing not really 4*,very average starter and main course was undercooked. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel has swimming pool, sauna and it's a good place for couples to enjoy their weekend. Will highly recommend this hotel but don't be surprise if your room does not look as amazing as on the website ;)

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank KarolaVicky
Waterford Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was recently invited to a Beautiful Wedding at Faithlegg House Hotel, Waterford. I can honestly say it was the nicest setting for a wedding reception, where you can get some really photos aswell in the grounds. The food was delicious, staff warm & friendly and nothing is a bother to them. Lovely Hotel just to pop into for a coffee & a scone, or even lunch. Really lovely Golf course too. Only a 5 min drive from the City Centre. Lovely setting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We booked Faithlegg at the last moment to get a short break away for Easter and we were both so disappointed, perhaps because their website promises so much ...This was not a 4 star experience for us for many reasons ...too many to mention here !

We were greeted warmly on arrival on Good Friday afternoon and the disappointment started when we got to the room. The bedrooms shown on the website bear absolutely no resemblance to the room we were assigned to. I tried to phone down to advise reception but after numerous attempts with no answer, I went to speak to someone personally. I was advised that there was only one other choice, which I reluctantly took (exact same room but with different aspect - still no view).

I was very disappointed with the room so that evening I went to reception after dinner and asked if perhaps there was a chance of us upgrading our room the following night if we were prepared to pay the difference ,,, I was advised yes, and shown a room (that was available that night!!!!) which I could check into the following morning ... This was the room on the picture gallery on the hotel website which is just lovely and creates an overall different impression of the hotel. I appreciate there is a different charge for this room (not a huge different in the rate we paid so I would suggest all readers to upgrade if possible) but I hope that the GM at Faithlegg will review their website so that guests know what to expect on arrival.

We ate in the bar on Saturday night which simply couldn't cope with the volume of people trying to eat, both in terms of seating and service. I can honestly say, I heard 2 or 3 tables in close proximity complaining about something ... overcooked food, bad presentation, incorrect bill, incorrect order ....

Breakfast on both mornings was fine although the coffee was dreadful! The staff on the whole just don't seem to be trained or perhaps not motivated and really some are very inefficient. At one stage over breakfast, one young waiter set a table for two ready for next service, a more senior person then proceeded to move the cutlery around and then, alas, a third senior person then within minutes moved the cutlery around (it doesn't take 3 people to set a breakfast table for 2 people) during a very busy service. On various occasions, staff would pass our table to go to the kitchen, without picking up dirty dishes from the tables they passed! Why ????

Our room in the main house on the second floor overlooking the golf course was simply beautiful but the service at Faithlegg leaves a lot to be desired. I would not be able to recommend this hotel and I think its a shame that such service exists.

Room Tip: Upgrade ! - Ask for a room in the main house overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GraceS134
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Although I've never had to write a review on here, I felt it somewhat necessary given my experience. Myself and my girlfriend are just back from spending a night in this hotel. There were several things wrong with this experience, and I won't dwell on all of them. Essentially this hotel has huge potential but in my view, is very badly run. Service is deficient, and I genuinely do not feel it is the 4-star hotel that it claims to be.

My biggest issue is with the dinner service. The set menu was priced at €49 pp but is quite different from the menu advertised on the website. Our starters arrived within about 5 minutes of ordering, and was then followed by a gap of almost an hour before our over-cooked main courses came out. We had already ordered a second bottle of wine at this stage! At no point did a staff member come near our table during that hour to check in with us. No real apology or explanation was forthcoming either. Some vague excuse was offered about "another event" being on, and being very busy. Two problems with this excuse: 1) As far as I'm aware there wasn't any obvious "big event", and 2) even if some other event was on, I'm still a paying customer who should be equally valued. The manager gave some vague impression that he would comp our second bottle of wine. As the waiter delivered the bill, he also made some muffled excuse that they had deducted extras from the bill including starter, coffee, chips etc. This was incredible, considering it was a set menu, and in reality all they had deducted to apologise for the delay of an hour was a plate of chips!!

Being fair, the manager subsequently knocked off a significant whack from the bill, but only after we challenged their generous offer of free chips! Shocking service. I could go on, but i'd be here all day.

There were nice aspects. There was no delay at check in, and our room was large, with comfortable beds. We shared a smoked salmon taster in the bar, and it was delicious.

Ultimately this hotel has potential, but it is poorly run. I really don't like or want to be critical, but sometimes it has to be said, and this was the experience of my girlfriend and I. I've looked at other reviews for the hotel here, which are often very positive. There are however enough poor reviews to make this a serious concern. And despite assurances from management that the reviews are noted as a means of improving service, clearly, in my view, they are being ignored and no action is taken. Will not be back to Faithlegg any time soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank locnmg
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Reviewer,
I am so disappointed that you felt you had to write this review as I have since spoken with our Restaurant Manager who dealt with your complaints on the evening with both an apology and a generous deduction from the bill and who believed that you were happy with the final outcome.
I have taken your comments on board as I do with all feedback and please be advised that our staff constantly undergo significant training on service and quality and at no time is this ignored as it is a must for our business.

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

regards,
Liam Moran, General Manager, Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at Faithlegg, beautiful hotel with great service and lovely food.
Dinner in the Roseville room was excellent, we ate here both nights. Facilities in the leisure centre were also very good.
The only fault was the wifi, which was very slow, but this certainly would not deter me from returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roz261
Dear Roz,
Thank you for taking the time to write and I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay and dining experience with us in Faithlegg.
I do hope you will make a return visit to us in the future.

kind regards,
Liam Moran, General Manager, Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Had to write a review and from the moment we entered it didn't fail us. From arrival the gent at reception(forget his name!) (dark hair and very welcoming) couldn't do enough for us and really made us feel welcome. The suite we stayed in was unbelievable and had beautiful views, we didn't eat in restaurant that night but from fellow guests I heard nothing but great comments, the bar that night was very relaxing and we were well catered to and the barman was very interactive with everyone in there making conversation etc, we ordered in room breakfast the next morning which came spot on time and was deliciously presented and warm. Will most definitely stay here again, beautiful grounds and walks around the venue and felt completely relaxed leaving. The service was exceptional and your staff are a credit to you

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Sarah F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faithlegg
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,122 reviews
Dunbrody Country House Hotel
Dunbrody Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Arthurstown

Been to Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!