“Lovely relaxing family break”

Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Faithlegg
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel with my husband and two young children, we had a fantastic time,The children's pool was lovely and warm which was great for the kids and I loved the jacuzzi. dinner in the bar was lovely- although it was a busy weekend and seats were limited. i Would recommend the hotel and will return again. We were upgraded to a suite which was fantastic with separate living area beautiful.
Thanks for a great break

• Stayed: August 2014
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Ciara,
Thank you for taking the time to write and I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent break with us in Faithlegg.
I do hope you and your family will return to us again in the future.

Liam Moran,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,423)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The drainage system in the pool has mould and algae all over it....the breakfast is insulting with the cheapest frozen and then deep fried sausages one might expect in a petrol station and even if choc covered strawberries are a nice idea, when they're left in a hallway to the flies it is off putting to say the least. Also when someone books an 80 euro massage and arrives 10 minutes late, it's really not good enough tp simply say sorry, you're too late, come back tomorrow (especially to a heavily pregnant guest!). I wouldn't come back here of it were offered for free.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank mahon_corkery1981

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for writing to me and please be advised that all customer feedback is taken on board. We are in the process of sourcing a local artisan producer for our sausages it is with this feedback we continue to improve on our customers experience.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for a family wedding. The room was clean and comfortable, the bed satisfactory. However the couple that were in the room above us were enjoying themselves emensly and nothing was left to the imagination, clearly the walls and ceilings are thin because we could hear everything! We were on the ground floor in the extension of this lovely hotel. We found it amusing but other guests may not....
The staff on the most part were friendly and efficient. The food at the reception dinner was delicious, in fact one of the best wedding food weve had.
However there was one particular bar man who tainted our experience. Many of the wedding party were complaining about him, he was bad tempered arrogant and in fact unnecessarily down right rude! Also the breakfast was rather disappointing.... breakfast buffet with substandard food and coffee....
Regardless the hotel ensured we had the most fantastic celebration and the wedding was a blast!

2  Thank Bebhinn3
Reviewed 25 July 2014

As we drove down the drive we were nearly totalled by a golf cart driven at speed by a mature lady golfer. Hope she drives better than she drives! This hotel is dominated by golf and as a consequence attacts a more mature clientele during the week. It's a shame to pigeonhole it as a golf hotel as there is more to it. It seems to be driven by the special offers run by the hotel offering terrific value- if you like golf. I don't play but if I did this would be a nice place to stay. At weekends it seemed more mixed family stays-weddings?

Rather functional corporate style bed rooms- no aircon but pleasant and comfortable enough. The public rooms are the best and why they don't put sofas in reception beats me as it is a lovely room. The restaurent is divided into 3 rooms that lends an intimacy to eating here. Nice lounge and bar area divided into two rooms creates a relaxed feel. While it might look grand it isn't stuffy.

Food is good, of a more traditional type. We did have to wait for tables for breakfast and it's popular at dinner so had to eat in the bar. Roast dinner on Sunday- would have liked to have been served rare roast beef, but a good slab and nicely cooked veg ( wot no yorkshire pud?). Staff very helpful and allowed us to choose off the restaurent set menu when nothing on the bar menu appealed.

Pool very nice, no idea why one lane was roped off-it just cut room for swmmers, none of whom would be chasing any medals for speed. Lovely large jaccuzzi Ladies changing room small for the size of pool and spa and no personal changing facillities so it's all in together girls! Shampoo would have been nice - and take a robe. Spa treatments available but didn't try them- nice rooms though.

Final note if you visit here beware of the suprise right turn off Dunmore Rd to find this hotel-sat nav may show it as a left turn. Follow the signs not the computer!

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms close to function room. Those facing back of hotel do get delivery noise if...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write and I do appreciate your feedback, whilst we are situated on a golf course there are plenty of amenities on site and in the surrounding area for non golfers I do hope you will return to us again in the future to experience same. I have also passed on your kind comments to our staff and also to our chef.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Faithlegg again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The service at this beautiful facility (huge old mansion hotel) is stellar. Our parents were celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary and every attempt was made to accommodate them. They were given a complimentary room upgrade where the room boasted a four poster bed. The view from the room was over the golf course and hotel property. It was close to the elevator. Another member of our group was given the room next to their room. The Staff were extremely friendly, helpful and courteous wherever you encountered them. They were welcoming, efficient and professional and demonstrated these qualities in many ways.

Dear Carmel,
Thank you for your lovely comments and I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your Parents Golden Wedding celebrations with us in Faithlegg.
I do hope you will all return to us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Second visit to Faithlegg, loved the hotel on our last visit so as it was my husbands birthday decided to upgrade to a Master Suite - wrong decision!! The mattress on the 4 poster bed was like sleeping on a 50 year old mattress (possibly the original that came with the bed!!) very uncomfortable, and the shower was a pityful dribble!! Not what I'd expect paying €250 for 1 night! Mentioned it to the receptionist he next morning and she just shrugged and seemed very uninterested.
The food in the restaurant was fantastic and the service in both the restaurant and bar were second to none, just a big shame about the poor bedroom.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank MrsDrinan

Dear Mrs Drinan,
Thank you for taking the time to write to me and for your feedback. Please be advised I have taken this on board and have discussed up your comments with our accommodation and Maintenance manager. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our Restaurant and bar which I have passed on to our staff.

best regards,
Liam Moran

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was a 3 day break away with my old friend. After a difficult spring, examinations completed I booked my first break at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort. I'm a country person but yet the experience left a lasting impression. Starting with the setting/location, attentive & friendly staff, superb food, walks, spa an amazing experience, and the sheer peacefulness to allow you to reconnect to yourself - Wow factor for me. Our experience allowed us to become alive again to celebrate the beauty of our beings and thus more balanced from the break away. We both cherished our time out. Thank you all we are looking forward to coming back next year for more.

Room Tip: Our room was to the south side and enhanced the peaceful experience.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Frances,
Thank you for your lovely feedback and I am delighted to hear you had a great experience and Faithlegg left a lasting impression.
I do hope you will make a return visit to us again next year.

Kind regards,
General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Faithlegg
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
#2 of 12 in Waterford
Tower Hotel Waterford
Tower Hotel Waterford
#6 of 12 in Waterford

Been to Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!