“OK, but not a 4-star experience”

Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Faithlegg
County Dublin, Ireland
“OK, but not a 4-star experience”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I had stayed here with my wife several years ago and had been very happy with the experience then. This trip wasn't quite as good.

I have to say that the staff that I talked to were all very pleasant, if a bit rushed - which may be understandable in high season.

The room was fine. The bed was comfortable. I was in the extension part of the building so it was a pretty standard room, not the four-poster bed room that I had been in previously.

I had dinner in the bar and enjoyed a couple of nice pints of Guinness. The food was tasty and well presented.

The bin under the desk in the room had some items in it which indicated that it hadn't been emptied from the previous guest. This type of detail leads one to wonder what other details might have been missed in cleaning.

The buffet breakfast was a little dissatisfactory. I had some of the fruit and it had that slightly alcoholic taste off it that means that it had started to ferment slightly and was not freshly cut. The cooked food was fine, without being anything fantastic. The first glass of orange juice that I poured - and took a sip out of - turned out to be in a broken glass. I didn't check because I would just expect that a glass put out for customers to use would already have been checked by someone.

Overall the stay was OK. Some nice bits, some not so nice. Not as good as was hoping for.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen R
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Stephen,
I do appreciate you taking the time to bring your observations to our attention and please be advised that I have taken up same with all heads of department.
I do hope you will return to Faithlegg again in the future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 12 August 2014

On arriving, we pulled up to the hotel and then see a large concrete extension unpainted next to a car park. We hoped that we would not be in this part of the building. We attempted to check in 20 minutes early. We were told the room was not ready and to come back. We thought the receptionist would suggest to take a seat in the bar while the room was prepared. We went down the road to a local pub for lunch to return one hour and 20 minutes later, to be told again our room was not ready yet. The lady then agreed to put us in another room. The room was in the extension of the hotel. The room was extremely small. The bathroom smelt of urine. There was a horrible sticky shower curtain. The window only opened a little and looked out at a car park. There were only two channels on the tv and one of them was barely visible. We went to the Spa and both girls were lovely and very professional. We then went for dinner. The staff were extremely polite, however, there was no house wine available and when asked would we like water, were given the bottled water, when everyone else was drinking tap water. After the meal we went to bed as the idea of the trip was to rest. We were only in bed a half an hour, approximately 11.30 pm, when the couple next door commenced arguing. This continued for over an hour. We eventually got up and got dressed and went to reception to complain, there was no one at reception. We had to ring the main bell of the house, still no one came to the front desk. Eventually, we got the bar man and he arranged for security to knock on the door. The couple did not answer and went quiet. They then continued on rowing till 1.30 am. When we were checking out the next morning the staff did not apologise or offer any compensation. I would not stay here again for a relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: Pay the extra €60.00 per night to actually stay in the house part of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write to as and I am disappointed to hear about the shortfalls you experienced during your recent stay. Please be assured I have taken all your comments on board and have reviewed same with my management team.

I do hope you will consider returning to Faithlegg again in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here, lovely hotel, great restaurant and fantastic food. The leisure facility is bliss - big old jacuzzi that makes for perfect relaxation. We also had lunch in the bar - again just so relaxing - this is the perfect place for an unwind!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your lovely comments and delighted you had a "truly relaxing" break with us in Faithlegg.
I do hope you will return to us again in the future.

Dungarvan, Ireland
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Was very disappointed with the quality of the guinness I received last weekend while there on a visit. After the first poor one I tried a different Bar person but it was equally as bad and then to pay exorbitant price for same.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TOMASOCURRAOIN
Dear Tomas,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us, please be advised that i will address your feedback with our beverage manager.

Lurgan
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel with my husband and two young children, we had a fantastic time,The children's pool was lovely and warm which was great for the kids and I loved the jacuzzi. dinner in the bar was lovely- although it was a busy weekend and seats were limited. i Would recommend the hotel and will return again. We were upgraded to a suite which was fantastic with separate living area beautiful.
Thanks for a great break

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Ciara,
Thank you for taking the time to write and I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent break with us in Faithlegg.
I do hope you and your family will return to us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The drainage system in the pool has mould and algae all over it....the breakfast is insulting with the cheapest frozen and then deep fried sausages one might expect in a petrol station and even if choc covered strawberries are a nice idea, when they're left in a hallway to the flies it is off putting to say the least. Also when someone books an 80 euro massage and arrives 10 minutes late, it's really not good enough tp simply say sorry, you're too late, come back tomorrow (especially to a heavily pregnant guest!). I wouldn't come back here of it were offered for free.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank mahon_corkery1981
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for writing to me and please be advised that all customer feedback is taken on board. We are in the process of sourcing a local artisan producer for our sausages it is with this feedback we continue to improve on our customers experience.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for a family wedding. The room was clean and comfortable, the bed satisfactory. However the couple that were in the room above us were enjoying themselves emensly and nothing was left to the imagination, clearly the walls and ceilings are thin because we could hear everything! We were on the ground floor in the extension of this lovely hotel. We found it amusing but other guests may not....
The staff on the most part were friendly and efficient. The food at the reception dinner was delicious, in fact one of the best wedding food weve had.
However there was one particular bar man who tainted our experience. Many of the wedding party were complaining about him, he was bad tempered arrogant and in fact unnecessarily down right rude! Also the breakfast was rather disappointing.... breakfast buffet with substandard food and coffee....
Regardless the hotel ensured we had the most fantastic celebration and the wedding was a blast!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bebhinn3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faithlegg
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort
#1 of 1 in Arthurstown
Fitzwilton Hotel
Fitzwilton Hotel
#6 of 12 in Waterford

Been to Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!