“Very Happy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faithlegg
Faithlegg Self Catering
Ranked #1 of 1 Faithlegg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were very happy with our stay. The lady we booked with by email was very helpful and patient. We changed our booking with her and she was wonderful.

The small bungalow was immaculately clean and seemed to have been recently painted. It had everything you should wish for in terms of cooking (even an apron) and all the mod cons.

I wasn't fond of the washing machine/dryer as it naturally made a lot of noise, in a small living area so I would advise you just bring lots of clothes and take your washing home. Other reviewers has advised to bring along dishwasher tablets, washing powder, fairy liquid etc and I would advise the same.

The bathroom was grand. The bedrooms fine. Parking was excellent. The location was nice. We were blessed with good weather and Tramore was not far away in the car. There is a lovely park in Waterford city.

We would recommend this self catering house. Enjoy :).

Room Tip: Use the back double doors to access the house as these are located where your car will be parked. A...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We thought from some reviews and friend recommendations that this would be a great spot for a few days away. Albeit the hotel grounds, staff and location were fantastic i wouldn't recommend the houses to anyone! I have listed a few complaints below for house number 17.

1. The bedroom and bathroom doors stuck and needed a fair bit of strength to open and close them. I'm sure the heat might not have helped but to the extent of how hard it was to open i cant say this was the only reason.

2. No way to open the bathroom Velux window

3. Terrible water pressure for the toilets and the shower

4. Not very clean. All the rooms had a lot of dust on them

5. Bring your own dishwasher tablets as they don't provide them. Tea towels, towels and toilet roll are not replenished or changed.

6. All beds were uncomfortable and none of us had good nights sleeps.

7. Food was great but the delay in getting it was unacceptable. We waited nearly forty minutes for our food and they then forgot about one of the meals and were left waiting another five minutes for that.

I might sound awkward but you do expect certain things when you pay good money. If i was in the hotel i would have it done so why should the houses be any different!!!

The only thing that stopped me giving a one star was the great staff in the bar. Marek, Sean and the other lads were a gem and made sticking around worth while.

Leisure centre was good. Nice pool and the steam rooms and sauna were well kept

Room Tip: Stay in the hotel not the houses!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank theredarmy
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in the Faithlegg Mews Self Catering Houses. House itself was small and basic but in fairness it was a 2 bed and suited our needs. No real issues with the houses, once you come equipped with basic essentials like dish clothes, dish washer tablets, washing up liquid, etc.
We ate in the hotel bar a few times and each time the food took a long time to arrive, and the food itself was only ok,... we put the first experience down to bad luck but second time around was no different.
Water in the swimming pool a bit on the cloudy side, and wasn't overly confident on how clean it was...

Would I go back again? probably not. We did enjoy the stay over all but was not overly impressed by the facilities or service in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank loueylouey
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful three-night stay in Faithlegg this past week. According to every criterion - setting, cleanliness, food, service - Faithlegg is a true gem. The golf course is lovely, the pool mostly very quiet, and there is a restfulness about the the house, inside and outside. Also, the package deal which we enjoyed (3 B/B, 2 D, 2 rounds of golf) represented outstanding value. I look forward very much to a return visit.
F.T.

Room Tip: Room 163 was perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank T
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This was our second year in a row renting one of the houses on the grounds for the Halloween midterm. We have three girls who like to be entertained. They live for kids club and loved the one at Faithlegg. We had had a wonderful experience the previous year and wanted to recreate the holiday!
However I was extremely disappointed this year as they had increased the kids club price from €5 per day up to €5 per session, and there was no discount for siblings. So for me this would have meant forking out €30 per day which would have cost me €210 over the course of the week. So I only let my girls choose a few sessions during the course of the week as I couldn't afford to send them for the week, much to their dismay.
Kids club is a big determining factor when I am choosing a holiday for my family and most hotels offer this facility for free. Now with the extortionate prices for this at Faithlegg I don't think I'll be returning any time soon!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Leeagh
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I purchased a voucher from Pigsback.com and we went down to stay in a two bedroom holiday home for 5 nights, it was incredible value. We used the pool every day, neither of us golf but the course was very busy. The location is superb as you are a short drive to Waterford and surrounding areas, we loved it, there was a lovely seating area outside the holiday home aswell, it had great facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here with my family (wife and daughter) for a family get-together. We stayed in one of the self-catering houses and it was fine - basic, but fine. The hotel itself is situated in a lovely part of Ireland and the overall resort is very nice. I suppose my two main complaints were that on arrival the hotel had not provided a cot as requested. I spent 15 minutes ringing the hotel reception and nobody answered the phone. We had to sort it out ourselves. The other related to the second night when my family (a large group) had a meal in the bar but I had to stay in the house to mind my baby. My family tried to bring a meal back to me in the house and the hotel staff refused to let them take it on a plate and sent it down in an old margarine tub - not what I'd expect from a hotel of this supposed standard. We won't be rushing back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
GMFaithlegg, General Manager at Faithlegg Self Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very sorry you experienced such poor customer service during your stay with us. I can assure these problems are not our normal practice and I will address these with all departments involved, particularly the fact your dinner was brought to you in a tub. Again I offer mu apologies and I hope you will visit Faithlegg again.

Best regards,
Mr. Liam Moran
Faithlegg House Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Faithlegg Self Catering? Share your experiences!