“Pet Friendly” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rolling Meadows
MN
“Pet Friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2008

Basic Motel 6. Was clean, cheap and accomodating for the Pet Expo we attended. Not in a great location, there are no signs off the highway to direct you. As a female alone, I'd definitely have someone with you at night if you were walking outside or stay in with the doors locked. No complaints and it was very affordable!

Stayed March 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Helena, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2007

After United Airlines’ pilot didn’t show for my flight home and the flight was canceled at 11:00 p.m., United sent me to this property some 16 miles and 35 minutes from O’Hare. The motel clerk was pleasant even late at night, took my United voucher no questions asked, and even made me a copy of the voucher for my records without charge. This is an older two story motel with outside room entrances. It appeared to be in a safe, though poorly lit, area of single and two-story offices (medical, accountant, sign making, land surveying, etc.). I didn’t notice any trash or general disrepair to the property. The pool area appeared clean from a distance. The room itself was spartan at best. No clock, no radio, one towel, one wash rag, one bar of soap, no shampoo. I found a hair on the sink that left me disgusted for the remainder of my stay but by that time I didn’t care enough to change rooms. I stuck my head under the shower head to wake myself up but didn’t set foot in the stand-up shower the next morning. The cab ride in was $56 from O’Hare with Yellow Cab, though I think in hindsight I was overcharged. I had problems getting a cab ride back to the airport; neither Yellow Cab nor two other cab services in the Chicago area Yellow Pages would pick-up in Rolling Meadows. I tried calling the motel front desk twice to see what cab companies did pick up at the motel and got no answer either time. However American Taxi Dispatch answered the phone promptly after midnight and had a clean car waiting outside the hotel 10 minutes before I asked them to the next morning, the ride back was $30. For the room rate it is probably a good value. Except for the hair on the sink (and in my world that is a HUGE except!) I did not notice any significant uncleanliness, stains or disrepair in the room. This is a good case of you get what you pay for, at least it is busy and appeared to be in a safe neighborhood.

• Liked — Helpfull front desk clerk at check-in
  • Disliked — cleanliness of room, no shampoo in shower
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank civilengtiger

Travellers are raving about these Rolling Meadows hotels

toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2007

First of all, shame on United Airlines for putting up stranded passengers at a motel in the middle of nowhere, 15 miles from the airport. But that's not the motel's fault. It has its own problems.

Problem #1: if I were a woman travelling alone, I would feel extremely unsafe there, especially at night. The motel has three floors, and there are lots of blind corners, stairwells, etc. It's also in the middle of nowhere, and of course there's only one person on duty.

Problem #2: Did I menton it's in the middle of nowhere? There is nothing -- no food, drink or anything else -- for blocks and blocks around. There are a couple of vending machines, so I was able to buy a disposable toothbrush that kept coming apart in my hand. Woo-hoo.

On the positive side, the front-desk guy was friendly and helpful. The room was adequate. The bathroom was clean, and the sheets didn't appear to be dirty, though the carpet was.

Oh, and one more thing: dial-up Internet access. Dial-up?! I didn't know anyone used dial-up anymore. I don't even know what my provider's 800 number is.

Bottom line: if all you have to spend is $45 a night, I guess you don't have many other options. But this is not a place for women travelling solo or for families.

• Liked — there were no insects or other vermin
  • Disliked — location, layout, creepy clientele
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank estragon
St Louis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2007

Checked in, dropped off my stuff, and headed to the city. Returned in the wee hours to find my keycard no longer worked. Tried reactivating it, tried a new card, no luck. Was told there is no master key, and that I would have to wait until business hours for Maintenance to open the room. Slept in the room next door, then went back to the lobby where someone revealed the master key that supposedly did not exist. Regained possession of my belongings one hour before checkout time.

Lesson learned: Do not take No Master Key for an answer!

(This is a typical Motel 6 in all other respects.)

• Liked — Price & Location
  • Disliked — Denied Access to my Room
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jepherey
Appleton, WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2004

Made reservations in Jan. for a non-smoking room (husband has allergies). Arrived on date requested (June 10) and was told all that was left were smoking rooms. No discount offered. Wonderful. Black hairs in bed; no hair dryer, tissues, alarm clock. Overflowing trash bins outside on sidewalks. And to top it all off, there was a housekeeping cart outside that had a big sign on it stating something to the effect, "I am in the last stages of throat cancer so any help (money) you can spare..." Please, I feel awful for people with cancer, but don't pander for tips. We will not stay at any Hohell 6's again!

3 Thank Auntie_Pooks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolling Meadows
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Rolling Meadows
Extended Stay America - Chicago ...
#2 of 4 in Rolling Meadows
Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heig...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - A...
#1 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW - Arlington Heights
Holiday Inn Express Chicago NW -...
#5 of 10 in Arlington Heights

Been to Motel 6 Chicago Northwest- Rolling Meadows? Share your experiences!