“Good Find For Basic Room in Great Location & Price Conscious”

Motel 6 Chicago Northwest- Rolling Meadows
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rolling Meadows
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is older and tucked in a cul-de-sac surrounded by business offices; right off Highway 53 and Euclid Ave, near Arlington Race Track. It is quietier during the evenings and weekends, but the parking lot is well lit and there was no commotion in or around the motel. As a single woman coming in late at night I never felt leary or threatened. I did not hear any loud noises at anytime. I stayed for 3 nights and was within 15 minutes of Mt. Prospect, Arlington Heights, Palatine and Woodfield Mall where I attended several events.

The room is basic with older carpeting and furnishings, but everything was clean. The hotel offers very few amenities, but then I wasn't there for a resort vacation. I just wanted a place to lay my head and change clothes as needed and this fit the bill perfectly for the price and location. Only towels & soap in the rooms. A small outdoor pool that was clean and tidy. A small room with a washer/dryer, ice machine and vending machines. There is an elevator as it is a 3 story building. Check-in and check-out was easy and quick with friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sharon b

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The check in and out and the stay was great. The room was the way I liked it. The best part of it that it had an elevator witch was great because I was on the third floor. The rates are great too. It is also real close to Route 53.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank DavidB160057
Reviewed 5 May 2014

On the bright side, this was a cheap room in the area my family wished to stay (close to friends we were visiting). I wish that I had stayed with friends instead. We requested a nonsmoking room and although the odor in the room may or may not have been caused primarily from smoke, it reeked. Holes in the sheets, the toilet ran all night (bad ballcock), one bed was right next to the heating and cooling unit and the bed was super lumpy... I would not desire to ever stay here again though my husband was thrilled at the bargain. I ended up buying Febreeze allergen spray at the drug store and sprayed the heck out of the room before the second night there and it did make a difference. However, I still feel like I am on the verge of bronchitis. Is that work saving a few $$? I say NO. Bring your room spray with you if you have any sense of smell at all (my husband apparently does not).

Room Tip: The second floor seemed safer, and there is an elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Myself and my other half had the unfortunate opportunity of staying at this Motel 6, in Rolling Meadows, Illinois, yesterday and, although we had originally booked the room for 6 nights, within the first evening we decided to get a refund for the remaining 5 nights, and look elsewhere.
The original room we had been assigned too, the heater wouldn't shut off from high heat. We walked into the room, and it felt like a sauna. We were moved to another room, where there was a large rip in the carpet, spiders in the bathroom, the toilet wouldn't reset itself after it was flushed. The room reeked of smoking, although it was a "no smoking" room. The pillows reeked of smoke. The heater didn't function we'll.I asked the housekeeping for a "do not disturb" sign,and she directed me to the office. The office was not helpful and told me they had to order some signs.
Prior to this I had asked for a room on the second floor and was told none were available and later that evening I saw no cars, there, nor the next morning.
I also found the desk people to be of no help for anything and they acted as though they could care less about me.
This place is terrible and I wouldn't suggest staying there to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: None, we had two and each had a bad smell and looked terrible
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank joescuba2000
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Well we checked in then went to go get food and upon returning there were 2 squad cars and a mobile response unit in the parking lot with someones car getting searched and towed.

all weekend there was a squad car sitting out front. I guess this is a good thing, but makes you wonder why.

The paint and metal on the railing is peeling and rusted. There were some sharp edges.

The room we had was a double bed. The room was very tiny. The A/C was right against one of the beds.

There were some shady looking people, but they keep to their selves.

It was overall quiet.

The value was great. Can't complain at $35 a night.

To all the people who talked about bugs. .. I did not see any or get bit by anything.

pool is clean. And staff is very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Hello Trip Advisor friends , This Hotel is not worth staying.
Hotel Full of some kind of “ Mites “ - could be bed bugs who knows . Ants crawling all over the bed and bathroom. They were all over the bedroom floor, with dirty carpet.
I was there on business and took the bait of low price, a terrible mistake which I paid a high price on my medical bills. Well now, I do read reviews and thanks to Trip Advisor. I really learned my lesson on this one.
Well for the Front desk – you may have seen some bad customer services --this one was awful. When we checked in, the lady behind the counter was so rude to customer she was serving. It appeared that she was overwhelmed by customers and not too happy that she was by herself.
Well, for the bug bites, the Medical bills skyrocketed when we got back home. After the bites from this Hotel, not worth staying at Motel 6 . I got my lesson learned and realized to pay little more and read reviews on trip adviser before booking a hotel.
Thank you Trip Advisor of having an open and sincere forum for people and I will continue to book through your website.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank SonnyPortland01
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Stayed for one night.slept in clothes.Room stunk.Paid for WIFI,whic was unoperable.Complained cto Manager on duty. Told call number on back of WIFI card. Complained to Motelk 6 Guest Relations.Referred back to Motel Manager.Concrete on walkways gone,covered with plywood. No warning signs,or Safety notices.Dog foodc was laying on walkwat near one of construction area.s.No barricades for guest safety'Might be a good pet motel!Was unable to complete any bussiness due to condition of property,and staff.Appears to be more of a weekly,or monthly stay proprty.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area
Holiday Inn Express Rolling Meadows
3 mi away
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Rolling Meadows
Extended Stay America - Chicago ...
#2 of 4 in Rolling Meadows

Been to Motel 6 Chicago Northwest- Rolling Meadows? Share your experiences!