“A great example of going above and beyond the call of duty.”

Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rolling Meadows
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“A great example of going above and beyond the call of duty.”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Wonderful experience

On 3/15/14 we were getting ready to leave after attending a birthday party at Holiday Inn. We had a dead battery. It was Saturday night past 10:30 PM. It was cold and it was snowing too. After waiting for over 3 hours for road side assistance, we reached out to the front office to check if they could help us with a jump start. While the hotel's maintenance crew were very busy attending to another issue, the front office manager pulled up his own car to give us a jump start. It did not work. He gave us a ride back home. We came back the next day afternoon to get our car back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VishTrip74
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you very much for attending the function at our location. We really do appreciate having you and your family here. While I wish that we would have been able to get your vehicle started, I felt that we needed to make sure you and your family got home safely.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you and your family back at the hotel in the near future. Best Wishes!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have just returned from a short weekend getaway at the Holiday Inn. We arrived at 3pm and it took my husband 25 minutes to check in! 25! With children in the car 25 minutes is a VERY LONG time. We finally got our keys and went to our room. Outside doors do not open properly, you have to force them along the concrete. Our room wasn't too bad. The bathroom wasn't completely clean but I just let it go. When my family and I decided to go down to swim at 6pm they had to main pool and hot tub closed. They were cleaning it. My first thought was that a kid may have had an accident so that was yet another thing I shrugged off. I went to the "lap" pool area and that was a joke. I counted 45 people in the lap pool. Maximum allowed according to the sign was 30. The hot tub was overflowing with people as well. Needless to say, we ddin't get a chance to swim just yet. So until they opened the main pool, my family hung out in the area by the basketball court and waited. When the main pool opened, my family was one of the first to get in. Within minutes that pool became flooded by even more people. Everyone that was in the lap pool and then some. So, ok lets go to the lap pool. NOT! They were cleaning that one now. The man cleaning them said that there was no child accident, they just needed to be clean. I have small children and swimming was just not safe for them in the other area. I could not even go in the hot tub with them because other peoples children were diving off the rock wall into it and splashing all over. I asked an employee about this and his response was "there's nothing I can do mam"- Eventually the lap pool opened back up, so I thought ok, lets try this again, maybe just maybe I can take my three year old into the pool. Nope, now only adults can use it until 9pm. So yet again, I ask and employee how am I able to take my child swimming if there is no regulation here. There are rules for the pool/hot tub that no one else is following and now I cannot take my kid to swim safely at one of the hotel pools. "There's nothing I can do about that mam, you're just going to have to deal with it" Are you kidding me???!!!???! I could not believe how rude the man was. The security guy was a joke too. He wasn't doing his job at all. I actually felt bad for him because if I had to do his job that night, I would have left. I was able to get into the main hot tub later in the evening but didn't stay for long. The water was FILTHY! There was stuff floating all over. My nine year old saw it and told me he didn't want to go in at all. Needless to say, my evening here was not very fun. We were chatting with a big group of people in the holidome and they were having the same issues. There needed to be some more organization at this hotel this past weekend. I'm not sure what happened, but I don't think we will return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ktlu79
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for providing us with the feedback from your stay. We will be reviewing your comments and concerns at our next staff meeting so that all departments are aware of what happened. It is unfortunate that some adults do not chaperone their children as we request of all our guests. This can make it very difficult to keep things operating as they should, not to mention that these policies are in place for everyone's safety and enjoyment.

Thanks again for taking the time to bring these concerns to our attention.

Travellers are raving about these Rolling Meadows hotels

Portage, Michigan
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I picked this hotel to build rewards points, for the breakfast buffet, and to use the pools and jacuzzi's during a recent business trip. The room was super clean and fresh - no issues whatsoever. The front desk associates were professional, pleasant, and helpful as were the restaurant/ bar staff. As has been mentioned in previous reviews - kids will love it here. This is by far the biggest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in and would be perfect for large groups. I really enjoyed the holidome and the Hawaiian themed decor. I had no problem overlooking the wrinkles, scuffs, and age spots that exist (built in 1962) because every other aspect of my stay has been enjoyable. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 8th floor king bed suite
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with the feedback of your stay. We really do appreciate having you here! We also appreciate your recognition of the amenities we offer in our Holidome. We try to offer something for all of our guests to enjoy.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future, hopefully sooner than later!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at a previous Holiday Inn in Wisconsin, so when I heard I was staying at another during my business trip to Illinois I was dreading it. However, I was amazed at this location! Beautiful building, very clean rooms, nice continental breakfast, friendly employees, and convenient shuttle service that picked me up from the airport. The bed was SO comfortable; I wish I could have taken it home lol. The only downside I experienced was the air conditioner which didn't cool the room as much as I wanted.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us and also for your kind words in your review. It is music to my ears to hear the comments that you addressed in your review. We have a great Team here at the hotel and we try to make sure that everything is ready and looking great for our guests arrival. We really do appreciate having you stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This place is ideal for a one night get away in the middle of winter. The Holidome is perfect for the kids to get a break and enjoy the actives of summer all under one roof. I loved having a room in actually in the holidome (1st floor) where the kids could and myself could come and go and never had to leave the building.
I can't say enough about the staff, every one of them was very pleasant and helpful. This hotel truly knows how to treat their guest's. Big kudos to them on this!
The only down side is the hotel is older and it shows some wear. The rooms were about average, but they were clean and also have a microwave and refrigerator in them as well. Which helps when you are staying with kids.
The pool was a good size and the water temp. was absolutely perfect.. it had to be one of the warmest hotel pools I have ever been in. The only thing bad thing about the pool is it can really use some updating. The liner in the bottom is peeling up and the walls looked a little worn, but in all the water was kept very clean.
Basically if you are just looking for a hotel to chill and let the kids have some fun this is the place to stay. I would absolutely stay there again!

Room Tip: If you are there to enjoy the indoor pool and traveling with kids definitely spend a little more and...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for staying with us and also for providing us with the review of your time with us. We really do appreciate your comments about the staff, hotel, and how you enjoyed your stay. You pointed out something that is very spot on- Once you check into our hotel, you don't have to leave until your ready. Between the Holidome and McKenna's Restaurant/Lounge- There is no reason to leave!!!

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our guests again. Have a great winter and stay warm!!!
McComb, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Holidome is great area for the kids to do a variety of activities from video games, basketball, and swimming. There is an adult only lap pool and hot tub. The staff was great and even called the room to see if we needed anything including extra towels. Rooms were clean and for the price the value was excellent!

Stayed February 2014
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
We love to hear about how much fun our families had while visiting us at our property. The Holidome is a great place for adults and kids to relax and just have fun. Between the pool, hot tub, basketball/volleyball court, video arcade, adult lap pool/hot tub, and work out facilities- We really try to have something for everyone.

Glad you appreciated our Call after check in to see if you needed anything. We try to contact all of our guests after they have gotten settled into their room. It helps us to take better care of our guests.

Thanks again for staying with us and for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the future!
Belvidere, Illinois
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My son , daughter, grand daughter and I need to get away for a couple of days, so we started looking at hotels in the area. Looking for one that had a pool and food on site or very close. We found this hotel, read the reviews. Sound good so off we went to spend 2 nights. At the point of check in we where all very impressed. The desk clerk was very warm and friendly. He gave us our room keys and told us how to get there. We got to are rooms and found them to be very clean and comfortable temperature, because it was below zero out side. Because of the really bad weather out side we stay there and ate at there on site restaurant. The food was very good. We ended up eating there for breakfast also, and again found the food to be very good. We had a wonderful stay, Would go back again for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th. floor where very quite.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
We really do appreciate you coming to our hotel to "get away"!! We are a great place to escape to whenever you need to relax and get away from it all. Our restaurant, McKenna's, is a great place to grab something to eat and just take it easy. Glad that you enjoyed your Dinner as well as your breakfast. The staff in our restaurant is always trying to make sure that our guests get the attention they deserve while dining with us.

I am also really happy to hear how you felt when you first checked in. We want all of your experiences in our hotel to be memorable and we know how important first impressions can be. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your review and we hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolling Meadows
#2 of 29 in Schaumburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Schaumburg
Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest
Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg

Been to Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area? Share your experiences!