“Excellent service”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rolling Meadows
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Holiday Inn, Rolling Meadows, Il is conveniently located, the room were clean and staff ere very courteous and helpful. I would strongly recommend this hotel. The Holidome is beautifully decorated and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us this past May. We really do appreciate it and hope that we will see you again in the near future. If you need anything or have any questions- Please do not hesitate to let us know. We would love the opportunity to take care of you again. Have a great Summer!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked this hotel when we gave up our seats on the last flight out of O'Hare. United promised us a hotel but we had to find a room on our own. The reservation number indicated the shuttle was still running which was not true. When we called the hotel they sent a cab to pick us up at their expense. Other than having to wait a little longer than if they had a shuttle we felt this was excellent service. The 2 gentlemen at the front desk were very friendly and efficient. In our conversation with them they indicated that the last 5 days have been very trying with many cancelled flights and upset customers. We were very pleased with our room. It was very spacious and comfortable. It is a large hotel but everything was very clean and in good shape. Our shuttle to the airport the next morning was right on time and we made our flight with time to spare. We would stay here again if we are in the area needing hotel accomadations. There are a lot of hotels to choose from in the Chicago and we would recommend this as a good choice for travelers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Theodore,

Thank you very much for your review of your "unplanned" stay at our location. We greatly appreciate your positive outlook on a situation that you could not have foreseen in advance. We understand that it can be a little frustrating when you are not able to get to your final destination and try to make things as comfortable as possible for our guests in that situation.

I apologize for the shuttle information not being conveyed properly. We end our service at 10pm but the airlines must have some outdated information. Glad to hear that everything worked out fine. We hope that if we see you again that it will be a planned stop at our hotel. You could take the Metra train into Chicago and see all the sights and people.

Have a great summer and best wishes!
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This place was absolutely perfect. After 2 nights at a bad motel we really appreciated the excellent customer service and great amenities. Loved the Holidome (pools, hot tub, sauna) area. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Good central location. Prices seem reasonable for all you get.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine S
Thank you very much for staying with us but also for your kind words in your review. As you experienced, we try to offer a little something for everyone that visits our hotel. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to our Housekeeping and Front Desk staff as I know they appreciate it also.

We hope that you have a great summer and we look forward to your next visit when in the area.
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Very nice service. I like the friendly staff and cleaniless of the hotel. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean. Also the prices are reasonable. My wife has lost her earring in the room & and staff helped us hard till we find it

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. Everyone on our Team works very hard to make sure that our guests are treated with the best of Service! I will make sure to let our Housekeeping department know about your comments on the Cleanliness in general during your stay. They also work very hard and I am sure that they will love to hear your compliments.

Thanks again and we hope to see you in the near future.
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We booked 2 rooms in the Dome for a local winter getaway with another family. When making the reservation, repeated said in the Dome with deck. Booked the rooms - great rate. Both families looking forward to it.

Called today to confirm check in time and found out they booked us in the TOWER - nowhere near the Dome and ... no deck. Then they proceeded to tell us the DOME has been booked for months with 3 school groups. You would think that information would have been mentioned.

Cancelling reservation because the Holiday Inn totally screwed us and now we're trying to find an alternate location on VER short notice. Don't bother with this location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BDKCKM
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Please keep in mind that when you make a reservation for a specific room type and then request a specific location that is a request and not a guarantee. While we try to accommodate all requests, it is not always possible. The only way we can promise a first floor room in the Holidome is if one is reserved, not just requested.

I am sorry for any confusion there may have been and hope that you were able to find alternative accommodations in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Rolling Meadows hotels

Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Wonderful experience

On 3/15/14 we were getting ready to leave after attending a birthday party at Holiday Inn. We had a dead battery. It was Saturday night past 10:30 PM. It was cold and it was snowing too. After waiting for over 3 hours for road side assistance, we reached out to the front office to check if they could help us with a jump start. While the hotel's maintenance crew were very busy attending to another issue, the front office manager pulled up his own car to give us a jump start. It did not work. He gave us a ride back home. We came back the next day afternoon to get our car back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank VishTrip74
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you very much for attending the function at our location. We really do appreciate having you and your family here. While I wish that we would have been able to get your vehicle started, I felt that we needed to make sure you and your family got home safely.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you and your family back at the hotel in the near future. Best Wishes!
Kenosha, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have just returned from a short weekend getaway at the Holiday Inn. We arrived at 3pm and it took my husband 25 minutes to check in! 25! With children in the car 25 minutes is a VERY LONG time. We finally got our keys and went to our room. Outside doors do not open properly, you have to force them along the concrete. Our room wasn't too bad. The bathroom wasn't completely clean but I just let it go. When my family and I decided to go down to swim at 6pm they had to main pool and hot tub closed. They were cleaning it. My first thought was that a kid may have had an accident so that was yet another thing I shrugged off. I went to the "lap" pool area and that was a joke. I counted 45 people in the lap pool. Maximum allowed according to the sign was 30. The hot tub was overflowing with people as well. Needless to say, we ddin't get a chance to swim just yet. So until they opened the main pool, my family hung out in the area by the basketball court and waited. When the main pool opened, my family was one of the first to get in. Within minutes that pool became flooded by even more people. Everyone that was in the lap pool and then some. So, ok lets go to the lap pool. NOT! They were cleaning that one now. The man cleaning them said that there was no child accident, they just needed to be clean. I have small children and swimming was just not safe for them in the other area. I could not even go in the hot tub with them because other peoples children were diving off the rock wall into it and splashing all over. I asked an employee about this and his response was "there's nothing I can do mam"- Eventually the lap pool opened back up, so I thought ok, lets try this again, maybe just maybe I can take my three year old into the pool. Nope, now only adults can use it until 9pm. So yet again, I ask and employee how am I able to take my child swimming if there is no regulation here. There are rules for the pool/hot tub that no one else is following and now I cannot take my kid to swim safely at one of the hotel pools. "There's nothing I can do about that mam, you're just going to have to deal with it" Are you kidding me???!!!???! I could not believe how rude the man was. The security guy was a joke too. He wasn't doing his job at all. I actually felt bad for him because if I had to do his job that night, I would have left. I was able to get into the main hot tub later in the evening but didn't stay for long. The water was FILTHY! There was stuff floating all over. My nine year old saw it and told me he didn't want to go in at all. Needless to say, my evening here was not very fun. We were chatting with a big group of people in the holidome and they were having the same issues. There needed to be some more organization at this hotel this past weekend. I'm not sure what happened, but I don't think we will return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ktlu79
Ryan R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for providing us with the feedback from your stay. We will be reviewing your comments and concerns at our next staff meeting so that all departments are aware of what happened. It is unfortunate that some adults do not chaperone their children as we request of all our guests. This can make it very difficult to keep things operating as they should, not to mention that these policies are in place for everyone's safety and enjoyment.

Thanks again for taking the time to bring these concerns to our attention.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolling Meadows
#1 of 29 in Schaumburg
Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest
Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg
Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Rolling Meadows - Schaumburg Area? Share your experiences!