“A decent mid-class hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Romeoville
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We recently had the opportunity to stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Romeoville, IL for just shy of a month. While staying in any hotel for that long of a period if never ideal, the hotel and it's staff made the pleasant as possible.

The rooms were relatively comfortable, and provide a micro fridge and microwave. We never had any issues with sound from other rooms. Breakfast was standard, though mixed fruit would have been appreciated.

The pool was cold and the pillows weren't great, but otherwise it was a nice say.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric D
Romeoville60446, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Country Inn and Suites.
We are glad to hear the positive feedback with regards to our staff and amenities.
I do apologize about the temperature in our pool room during your stay.
I have brought your concerns to my staff and have resolved the issue.
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

This is a great place with great service.
The only reason for a four is the sheets come off the corners of the bed. This is annoying and interferes with a good night'a sleep. The bed is a little too firm for me and that also played into my discomfort. Everything else was just right.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelly R

Thank you for the wonderful comments!!! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Country Inn and Suites.
I have looked into the bedding issue you spoke of and have rectified the issue.
We look forward to your next visit soon!!!!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very nice hotel, close to many restaurants and shopping and easy on and off the highway. Rooms are big and very clean. Breakfast bar has a lot of choices. Hotel also has a swimming pool and a workout center.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MCIMCOUSA
Romeoville60446, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you, for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.
We are very glad that you ejoyed your accomodations and that you found the rooms to be big and clean. We take pride in providing the best customer service to all our guests and thank you once again for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My sons hockey team booked this hotel for a tournament. Each of our 17 familes received an email confirmation from the hotel booking dept directly stating that for the 3 nights we had booked our cost would be $246.30. Upon arrival we found out that there was a mistake in their booking and they were charging us $360 odd dollars. When we showed them the written email with the quoted price for the 3 days they told us that it was an estimate and would do nothing about it. In fact they tried to say that we had booked outside the group block dates. We were there from Thursday through to Sunday morning which they knew so we did nothing wrong in our booking. On top of that on the Saturday night our 13 year old boys were around the hotel and went outside the hotel and the front desk called the police without speaking to a single parent to express any issue with our boys. On Sunday when we were checking out, the Manager Jose Quintero who was well aware of our issue with the overcharging and that each familty would want to discuss it conveniently was not at the hotel and left a helpless front desk worker to deal with us. Totally unprofessional. This hotel has no clue how to deal with sports teams and they don't stand by their own mistakes.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank don b

Thanks you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations with regards to your stay.
As it was explained to the coach and the parents by my Sales Director few of the families booked outside of the group block dates. As a professional courtesy, we honored the group discounted rate.
I am sorry you were upset do the issue however, we sent an email on October 31, 2013 prior to your team’s arrival to the coach and the travel manager, regarding the reservations made outside of the block and the fact that we would honor the $109.95 rate as a professional courtesy.
To reiterate we charged you for 3 nights @ $109.95 which was the negotiated rate via the contract with Traveling Teams and you did stay 3 nights.
The fact that the Authorities were called was due to the noise and constant disturbance of the other guests by the group. If proper Adult supervision was in place we could have avoided calling the local police to settle down the team.
Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this issue further.

Jose Quintero

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have stayed here previously in order to visit family in the area and it was the only viable option that was central without adding significant driving time to our travels. Since our first visit, the hotel has gotten a makeover and is in MUCH better shape.

We are currently in the middle of a 5 night stay (in a suite which is quite acceptable). However, a large (busload) of middle school aged boys with apparently slim supervision were also staying over this weekend.By the equipment they lugged, it must have been some sort of hockey tournament.

Not a problem, until they completely took over the hotel. It was basically a free-for-all in the hallways until past midnight, despite the repeated complaints form me and other guests. I had also corralled groups of the boys and asked them to keep it down. They would comply for two minutes and then just pick up where they left off. The poor young woman at the desk repeatedly tried to restore order.

I asked her to contact each of the parents or chaperones… if she did, that didn't help at all. I managed to see one dad or chaperone, and he assured me he wold speak to the kids.

Each morning, the kids and adults in this group completely took over the breakfast area like bees swarming their hive. They certainly should have access to the breakfast included with their stay, but other guests simply had to wait for them to leave or go elsewhere.

So, this is to the management of Country Inn & Suites: If you have large groups of minors booked as a block, you have to make it clear to the parents and others responsible for the children that the common areas do not belong to them exclusively and that disturbing other guests is not acceptable. If they need activities in the evening, they should be directed to locations in the area that can accommodate them.

Common sense. And simple consideration for other paying guests.

Room Tip: It is what it is… an hotel near the highway, a busy retail/commercial road and busy business/truckin...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan R
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize noise you encountered during your stay. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed here for a business trip over a weekend. The room was nice and quiet. I was not on the highway side, so I did not have any trouble with noise. Staff was friendly. The breakfast in the morning was decent. I thought the breakfast room was a tad small. Overall it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ColieandJJ
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I've been coming to this hotel for about 3 years. As I travel for a living, how I am treated makes a big difference in where I stay, which shouldn't be news to anyone. Way back when I first came to this hotel, the rooms were very old, and not really the quality you would expect. The staff didn't want to be there and was unfriendly. So I quit staying here. About 9 months ago I had to come back to the area, and this was the only hotel that had a room available...without a choice, I booked it.
I've been coming back ever since. There was a change in management, and Jose has really turned things around. The front desk staff is professional and concerned about your satisfaction. Melissa, Patrick and "G" (cuz I can't spell his name) are awesome. The breakfast lady always greets me with a smile and a good morning. The rooms, though not quite updated, are very clean, and housekeeping does a tremendous job in keeping things fresh and the way I like them. The one thing that stands out is that this housekeeping team is happy. They talk to each other, are laughing a lot, and you can see that they enjoy the other employees, and probably thier jobs. Jose, you've done a great job here, and for someone that spends over 100 nights a year in hotels, you won me back!

Room Tip: rooms on the north side seem quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank lytning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romeoville
Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Comfort Inn Romeoville
Comfort Inn Romeoville
#2 of 5 in Romeoville
Best Western Plus North Joliet
Days Inn & Suites Romeoville
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville? Share your experiences!