“Needs some cleaning up”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Romeoville
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I often stay at ESA hotels and find them generally very good. The full kitchenette is a really nice convenience and it's a great value. The staff here seems to care, but the room I was in really needed some TLC. The edges of the counter, sink, etc. were peeling off; the dishes in the cupboard were stained and sticky; the coffeepot wasn't clean, and there was some milk souring in the fridge. The towels were old and rough. The place did not smell very good, and there were people in a room near mine who were incredibly loud and profane, disrupting the peace. I just didn't feel like the quality of my stay was up to the usual standards of ESA. The area was convenient to the highway, shopping, etc. and felt safe enough. I would probably return, I just won't look forward to it very much.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank flyermontana
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. The maintenance issues you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we have corrected the issues that include the counter top, sink and the overall smell of the room. The housekeepers were also informed of the issues regarding the uncleanliness of the coffee pot, the refrigerator and the dishes.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please contact me, at ROM@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was there for a long buisness trip and I want a month without getting my room cleaned. I complained and complained until finally I got the corporate number and they. And the next day. Front desk staff was incredibly rude. When my key would t work after 5 times of getting it fixed and being told to stop keepi g it by my cell phone (I was not) they finally realized the battery for the room was dead and changed it after saying, "I'm the unfortunate one who has to get on my knees and fix this". Like its my fault!

Dirty awful place I will never stay in again even if my company puts us up!

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. It upsets me to hear that your room was not serviced in a timely manner and that the lock to your door was malfunctioning. I am sorry for your experience. Please know, our hotel is now under new management, and I can assure you that I will be coaching our maintenance as well as housekeeping staff on different ways to handle their responsibilities and communicate repairs moving forward. As well, I promise I will be coaching our staff on how to provide better customer service in the future. I am sorry that a member of our staff did not attend to your needs properly.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at rom@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

After working all day at the hospital, I am beat! Driving back to Extended Stay and seeing their sign in the evening sky feels like I'm coming home. The staff are like family. The hotel and everything init are always super clean and enjoyable. Given a choice I will always choose Extended Stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you during your stay and in any of your future travels

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Having the urgent need for a peaceful get-away was the stat order for us. My husband and I arrived in the freezing cold only to be warmly greeted by the front desk team member with professionalism, kindness and a desire to satisfy our need to warm up. Our stay rendered us the one-on-one time we desperately needed. We strongly recommend this hotel. It was quiet, close to shopping and eateries. WELL DONE EXTENDED STAY IN ROMEOVILLE, WELL DONE!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon R
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I recently returned to the Chicago area after 4 years in Germany when a brother here had a stroke. I needed somewhere to stay for a few months until I decided what I wanted to do for the long term. The Extended Stay America was a good choice. The facility is well managed and taken care of. The staff have always been very helpful to me when I needed anything. The rooms are clean and comfortable. My 60 day rate is surprisingly low. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Travelling solo I am completely satisfied with my ground floor studio room. The kitchenette is ver...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location

Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I as well as our 3 year old daughter arrived at the hotel and were very pleased with the service we recived. The desk attendent was very friendly and very helpful with locating shopping and eatery directions. The room is very comfortable and the hotel was quiet. I would definatly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for an Extended hotel stay and good prices as well as service.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a good location and theres easy access to a gym and stores.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Romeoville
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Romeoville, IL
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
#8 of 9 in Bolingbrook
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lisle

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook? Share your experiences!