Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$77
US$114
US$163
GardenInn.com
US$131
All reviewsgeneral mgrrooms are clean and comfortablegreat place to staykarimrobertkindnessshoutchicago
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I got a great deal from Hotwire for this hotel and could not resist due to the short notice I needed to reserve a stay near the Bolingbrook area. I've read previous TA reviews and was very reluctant. And if your ever unsure of a place - listen to TA reviewers! No matter how great deal:)!
First, check in with Steve was quick and easy. We checked in late so there wasn't a wait. I'm from Cali, so when the floor states "non-smoking". You should not have to smell smoke. The hallway to our room reeked like cigarette smoke. Peeyoo!! Room, decor - typical motel style with no bells and whistles. Apparently, they refurbished recently. They hired a poor contractor because there was paint stains on the bathroom floor. Looked as if they wiped up white paint on a brown floor. The cosmetics of the room are not important to me unlike the cleanliness of the room. The floor looked vacuumed, the kitchen and bathroom counters were wiped. The refrigerator cleaned. The bed fixed and looked cleaned. However, after drawing back the bed covers to get into bed. I noticed small black curly hairs on the fitted sheets. I drew the sheets back further to exam the fitted sheet and it was not changed! The sheet covers looked changed, but the fitted sheet was not! Who does that? Apparently, house keeping needs to be reeducated on cleaning. I immediately called the front desk to complain of my finding and to bring me clean sheets. I even informed him I'll change them myself. The front desk clerk brought me the sheets and informed me he took them out of the packages himself and are clean. I examine them and they we're clean. I pulled all the sheets off the bed and placed them on the floor. After that incident, did not want house keeping in my room during our entire stay. My expose to other employees during our stay where minimal. On check out day, I pulled all the sheets of the bed. Hopefully, house keeping won't use the same sheets! The gentlemen at the front desk was kind and directed us to the packaged granola bars, muffins and coffee to take to go. Of which, we helped ourselves.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RaulNLuBucketLists
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the odors and the level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly at, rom@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

On a record cold bussiness trip of 3 months , I was refered by a friend to stay at ESA. I found a full size refringerator, the kitchenett just big enough to be comfortable. The top floor excessible by elevator was coszy and warm in the -37 degree nights. Being very picky I would give ESA coodos for making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the kitchenette we have in our rooms. I'm also pleased to know your stay was comfortable and warm during the recent cold blast! The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Leaky faucet in the bathroom all night. Ants took over in the morning. The staff didn't even ask why I was cutting out 6 days early. Didn't even want to take a shower. Charged my debit card 1000 then got my name wrong and they could not figure it out. Finally paid cash. Charged 138.32 for 2 nights fri and sat night was only refunded 58.52. Just wanted to get the hell out. Country Inns much better.

Room Tip: Go next door to Quality, or Country Inns. Staff didn't even ask why I cut my stay by 6 nights. Very disappointed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you had endured the issues that you have stated in your review. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to each of my employees and outlined each issue to ensure your experience is not repeated. The leaky faucet and ants issue has been addressed and corrected by my maintenance staff and all issues regarding the front desk staff has been addressed as well.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at ROM@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I often stay at ESA hotels and find them generally very good. The full kitchenette is a really nice convenience and it's a great value. The staff here seems to care, but the room I was in really needed some TLC. The edges of the counter, sink, etc. were peeling off; the dishes in the cupboard were stained and sticky; the coffeepot wasn't clean, and there was some milk souring in the fridge. The towels were old and rough. The place did not smell very good, and there were people in a room near mine who were incredibly loud and profane, disrupting the peace. I just didn't feel like the quality of my stay was up to the usual standards of ESA. The area was convenient to the highway, shopping, etc. and felt safe enough. I would probably return, I just won't look forward to it very much.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank flyermontana

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. The maintenance issues you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we have corrected the issues that include the counter top, sink and the overall smell of the room. The housekeepers were also informed of the issues regarding the uncleanliness of the coffee pot, the refrigerator and the dishes.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please contact me, at ROM@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was there for a long buisness trip and I want a month without getting my room cleaned. I complained and complained until finally I got the corporate number and they. And the next day. Front desk staff was incredibly rude. When my key would t work after 5 times of getting it fixed and being told to stop keepi g it by my cell phone (I was not) they finally realized the battery for the room was dead and changed it after saying, "I'm the unfortunate one who has to get on my knees and fix this". Like its my fault!

Dirty awful place I will never stay in again even if my company puts us up!

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. It upsets me to hear that your room was not serviced in a timely manner and that the lock to your door was malfunctioning. I am sorry for your experience. Please know, our hotel is now under new management, and I can assure you that I will be coaching our maintenance as well as housekeeping staff on different ways to handle their responsibilities and communicate repairs moving forward. As well, I promise I will be coaching our staff on how to provide better customer service in the future. I am sorry that a member of our staff did not attend to your needs properly.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at rom@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.