Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West-Roselle
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast roomhot tubwould stay againfitness centerking bedcleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Staying at this property for work. 1st time staying at this brand. The 2 queen bed room is large. Flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. Bathroom was large with the almost now standard curved shower curtain rod. But bath had a nice light. over tub. For my corporate rate of under $100, this is a great value.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank old-snowboarder-jl
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I've stayed at this newer hotel several times within the past year. The first time was last March when I was in town for a week. The hotel was brand new and really nice. The suite they provided was large, comfy and most importantly...very clean. On another trip to the area, I had the chance to stay longer. The staff were both friendly and professional and the general manager was wonderful. I didn't use the pool, but walked around the area and found the whirlpool and pool to be very nice. Children using the facilities seemed to be having a great time. The free breakfast has both hot and cold selections and was fine. Not the gourmet treat of a 5 star hotel, but fine for a hotel like this one.
The only drawbacks I've found is the hotel isn't walking distance to anywhere special. There are a few restaurants about a block away, but that's all. I found driving to area attractions, depending on what I'd like to do, between 2 and 6 miles away. Not bad.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the building, seem to be quieter. A suite is quieter for sleeping because a person can close the bedroom door.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I was very disapointed with our stay this past New Years Eve. We had a group of 10 - 12 rooms that when we called to make the reservations and asked if we could get a block of rooms they told us no. So we all made booked seperately. I called last week to make sure that we would all be on the same floor. We were but, when when we called back to add two more rooms a few minutes later they told us they could not do any thing. It started bad when one of the rooms was not ready after the 3:00 check in and we had to wait over 30mins. The pool was small and when we went swimming later in the evening the drainage was so bad the the whole deck was filled with water that someone could have slipped and fall. Nothing was done about it. The front desk staff was very rude. My child went down to tell them about a car in the lot that had their lights on and all the could do was yell at her and tell her that it was not their concern. We asked to to have the meeting room after the movie so that we could all be in one area for the new year. First they told us no problem once we go into the room they announced that the room would be closing at 10:00. The desk staff kept on telling us that they were going to call the police on us. All we were doing was spending time with friends and family. We even were told that we were to loud at 9:30 in the morning, that we were going to to be kicked out and the police were going to be called. I never was so disapointed. We are already started to look for different places for next year.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank dnd172
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We were invited to a party at this hotel by friends who insisted we stay overnight at their expense. We did so and upon checking out we were handed a bill for this room. Being put in this awkward position by the hotel we decided to pay and left it at that.
Talking with these friends the next day we discovered that our friends were charged for the same room. Upon hearing this they went back to the front desk and resolved the issue. With todays technology how do you double bill without a red flag going up? Honest mistake?

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jerry b
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The pool was TINY! The management staff was condescending and rude. They had a movie and popcorn for the kids and the movie would not play. It wasn't until a guest brought their own DVD player to use that the movie worked! The hot tub had some disgusting black film floating on the top of the bubbles..very dirty! Several people complained about a group of older people who were inebriated and being loud and they did nothing about it. The old front desk lady was unapproachable and nasty, definitely lacking any kind of customer service! We got the 1 bedroom suite...the living area was tiny and if you want any privacy, the bedroom door has a window so you won't get any! No business center, only 1 computer in the breakfast room without any privacy. It took forever for the hot water to come out of the faucet. And they charge extra for more than 2 adults. Would NOT recommend this place, and I will never go back here even if they were giving free rooms!! Should have stayed at the Hyatt Indian Lakes were we always go but didn't want to spend the extra money....I should have learned my lesson..you get what you pay for!! Cheap!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family