“Atmosphere Old and Tired”
Review of Smokin' Will's - CLOSED

Smokin' Will's
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I have seen this place for a long time and decided now is the time to see what its all about. Walked in and saw a older gentleman with a scruffy beard, cowboy hat and jeans sitting in one of the booths with a calculator and other office supplies with a fan blowing on him. DAMN, its Will himself! Anyway, Will runs his office from one of the booths in the restaurant. The young girl at the counter knew absolutely NOTHING about the products being sold, and openly admitted it. Will made his way around to the back of the counter, answered a few questions and started to assemble the brisket sandwich I ordered. While making my sandwich he decided he'd make himself a little something too so he made what looked to be chicken. Will brought his food out to his "BOOTH OFFICE" and ate right there. Right next to Wills booth office he has a old type metal garbage can with a metal lid that you toss you garbage into. Don't know what former reviewers are talking about when they say this place has AMBIENCE, it was formerly a HOTDOG STAND. I have to say that the brisket sandwich was very good, but the place just looked a little tired and could use a little sprucing up. Heeee Haw !

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Decided to stop in & give this a try after work. They are hidden in an easily overlooked strip mall, but well worth effort. Had the Beef brisket sandwich, sweet potato fries & coleslaw. It was authentic BBQ, loved the album covers on the wall & the owners were real down to earth people. Also liked that is is local & close so one can get their fix for real american food without having to go out of the way. Will be going there more often, next time I will bring a larger group of people.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I happened across Smokin Will's one afternoon when looking for a KFC of all things. I just happened to see the sign above the storefront in a mostly vacant small dated strip mall. It looked interesting so I stopped in. As soon as you walk in, you know you're in for a treat because of the hickory smoked odor that permeates the place. First time there, I ordered the pulled pork sandwich combo which comes with fries, one side and a soft drink. The fries are very good (ribbed) and fried so that the outside is a light golden brown and the insides are soft. But I digress. Will has five or so sauces to pick from. I like a sauce that's a little sweet and with a little kick to it so I tried the Brazen Hussy. Will said it was named after his wife. Seriously. I'd like to meet her because the sauce is perfect. Will smokes all his own meat, including bacon and he has it down to a science. Some people will argue that BBQ is all about the sauce and some will say it's all about the smoke flavor of the meat. At Will's, you get the best of both worlds. The second time I went, I ordered the pulled pork sandwich again and it was excellent again. I went there today and decided to get a half order of ribs, fries, baked beans and a soft drink, all for less than $11. Well, let me tell you, the ribs were out of this world. Will's half slab has more meat on them than a lot of places full slabs. They were cooked to perfection. The meat didn't just fall off. You had to work just a little bit to get it off the bones. I was able to use a knife and fork to remove the meat from the bones with virtually no meat left on the bones. There was so much meat on the half slab that I had to take the meat from the last two ribs home with me. Will's is the best kept secret in the western suburbs, in my opinion. In my opinion, none of the places that sell their ribs at the Naperville Ribfest come close to Will's ribs. I'm definitely going back to try something else and maybe I'll try a different sauce such as the Crazy Woman.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Went there with my honey bunny last night for the first time. She had pulled pork sandwich, baked beans and fries. I had a half slap, fries and potato salad. The PS was very tasty, the fries were just like I like them (fat and greasy but not too much) and the ribs were very tasty. I've never seen some much meat on ribs ever. My HB couldn't finish all the BB and they were very tasty with big chunks of BBQ mixed. in. We'll be back for sure

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I saw this place on the way to play golf and wanted to stop and try the brisket. I stopped on the way back and they had good brisket and many sauces to mix and match which to me is great. I had the really good beans and the sweet potato fries.

The owner and I started talking and he know a grill master that I know and he asked if I liked lamb and then said Owensboro and before he could even say Kentucky I said Moon lite BBQ and he was surprised I knew about that great place.

2  Thank RadfordC