US$127
US$108
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$158
US$143
Sheraton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$188
US$161
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

US$147
US$140
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$198
US$122
US$181
US$113
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$227
US$204
Hotels.com
US$181
US$172
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbliss productsoutlet mallcomedy clubmovie theatermb financial parkrestaurants and barsentertainment districtshuttle servicefront desk stafflobby areaice machinefashion outletsfree shuttlean early flightshower headclose to the airportrooms are nice
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed here for a week on business and it was pleasurable. Very modern. The hotel wants to be a club or an IKEA rather than a hotel, which is OK with me. Everyone there was very very nice and helpful, notably the front desk staff and especially the hotel shuttle drivers. The shuttle is frequent and fast and the drivers will give great recommendations and bring you anywhere you want to go around the areas. There is no restaurant but there is a bar in the lobby. You are right by the airport so don't be surprised by jet engine noise. Also, you are in walking distance to many restaurants and activities (bowling, movies) and even the Blue Line CTA. There is also a free pool table that is in decent condition but they could use some new pool sticks. The pool and fitness room looked great but did not use them.

The room was very modern and very nice. I didn't have a fridge in mine when I got there but I called and they brought one right up. Beds were comfy and there was ample desk space with a nice TV. Room service even gives you free waters. I can't think of any problems with the hotel and I'm bummed out that I cannot stay there during week 2 of my trip. Great place to stay near the airport!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Starwood are trying to break the mould with interesting new hotel concepts which get rid of beige! Aloft is one of the newer concepts. This is a friendly, comfortable hotel in the "accommodation" area 5 minutes from O'Hare with regular shuttle bus to the airport and the local train station for access to downtown Chicago. Rooms have everything you need in a modern design, and the public area's are relaxed in an up to date sort of way. Friendly staff enhance the experience. Breakfast is a pay per item with limited choice. There are a few restaurants in the area and a multiplex cinema.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My company booked me at this hotel and I had clients coming with me as well. I thought it would be similar to a lower level W in many ways but was disappointed. The ambiance and rooms are similar to the W, but the amenities and services are not. I worked one day and needed to print some documents and was VERY DISAPPOINTED and shocked to find NO business center. There are computers but 1 printer behind the check-in counter where you print out and only in black and white. I ended up spending $20-30 at Fedex/Kinkos to print color documents and I had to take a taxi there!

Food....almost none existent. There is no restaurant of any type although there is a large bar and only self-serve food area with basics (yogurt, fruit, muffins, etc.). Again...disappointed since I got in late and wanted a bite to eat.

Finally, they did put me in a nice quiet room but in the morning there were ants crawling around in my briefcase...again disappointing. They gladly switched my rooms but I was already creeped out. Rooms are fine and modern but nothing else that is special.

My clients were not impressed and I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Need a quiet room--ask to stay in a room where they put the pilots.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sporto363
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The hotel has a cool feel to it. It allows you to check in early.
The shuttle took 45 minutes to pick up at O'Hare.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in after 9am, ask for a room away from the construction.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I'd heard about the chic, stylish Aloft chain from Starwood in the news, and a one-night stay in Chicago gave my spouse and I reason to check out Aloft.

Location is very good given all the choices in the O'Hare hotel region. It's a short (700 meter) walk to the Rosemont train line, with close and easy proximity to new dining and nightlife. Still, the hotel's shuttle is consistently available, reliable, prompt and willing to take you to your nearby destination. While the shuttle is available at all hours, we had need to take a taxi from Rosemont station back to the hotel late night at a very modest $7.00.

Go ahead and let the countless decor comparisons to Ikea stand. They're all true, but I sense the more deliberate purpose in the Aloft chain. Terms come to mind like "adult dorms", "San Francisco startup with bedrooms", and "more of what you want, less of what you don't". They all call out the idea that _lodging_ itself has changed in the Internet-soaked less-is-more 21st Century. Why would you want a mediocre bathtub when you can have an outstanding shower? You have a smartphone - why not use it to control the TV instead of handling the mangy remote? How about a smarter, clutterless room layout that leverages the walls to maximize use of its square footage to make the room feel larger? Why bother to build out a formal closet when you can just use a cubby for your hung clothes and get a programmable in-wall safe to boot? Why soak guests with a formal restaurant when a high-quality brunch bar will do nicely? How about a pool table for some leisure alongside the pool?

Here's how I know Aloft delivered - upon checking out, I caught a glimpse of an older chain next door and kinda felt a bit of pity for them, as if they just couldn't understand why they've become "my father's chain". Bravo, Aloft.

Room Tip: Ask for an east-end room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank B Shensky
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you very much for that great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the aloft brand and hope you continue to stay with us when you are in the area.