“Lovely hotel so comfortable,loved it”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Great location free shuttle from o hare , rooms were so cool trendy even . My only fault the air conditioner was so loud it kept us up !! The outdoor patio is right by the bar and pool, they also have a breakfast snack bar very nice ,and free wi fi .

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank bruziks
There are newer reviews for Aloft Chicago O'Hare

Reviewed 11 May 2012

As I was told this used to be a Holiday Inn, but SPG group turned it into an Aloft and what a difference is that. From the standard all over the world the same Holiday in to A modern style / design hotel room. Kingsize bed, Walk-Inn shower, big flat screen tv, decent desk to work on, free wifi, the room was top notch for me. I really did like the see and feel of it. Pool and Gym looked OK to me as well. The only thing that bothered me was that there was no decent breakfast. OK they have a kind of "on-th-go" shop where you can grab what you need and pay for it, but I am still more the "old-style" breakfast guy, sitting at my ease and comfort to eat. So if you take the time to go next door to the hilton to get your breakfast, the Aloft is a perfect choice to stay in Rosemont, especially with the free shuttle, not only to the airport, but also to L-line, shopping mall and restaurants..

Room Tip: Get a room with a view to the airport, no need for tv then.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Services are good. I like the shuttle service. But i don't think the sheets are totally clean. There are some traces on that. Overall is good. Very convenient to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 May 2012

No complaints at all. Very modern sharp hotel. Great staff. Not close to downtown Chicago, this is in Rosemont next to Ohare. Impecable rooms, nice pool but did not use. We did play the corn bags game, they have two nice courts set up for that just get the bags from the front desk. Not much of a bar area or restaurant but we were not there for that. They provided shuttle service to the blue line train at no charge which was nice. Used it to get to wrigly Field area to see the Blue man Group show which was great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denmack99
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed here for a week on business and it was pleasurable. Very modern. The hotel wants to be a club or an IKEA rather than a hotel, which is OK with me. Everyone there was very very nice and helpful, notably the front desk staff and especially the hotel shuttle drivers. The shuttle is frequent and fast and the drivers will give great recommendations and bring you anywhere you want to go around the areas. There is no restaurant but there is a bar in the lobby. You are right by the airport so don't be surprised by jet engine noise. Also, you are in walking distance to many restaurants and activities (bowling, movies) and even the Blue Line CTA. There is also a free pool table that is in decent condition but they could use some new pool sticks. The pool and fitness room looked great but did not use them.

The room was very modern and very nice. I didn't have a fridge in mine when I got there but I called and they brought one right up. Beds were comfy and there was ample desk space with a nice TV. Room service even gives you free waters. I can't think of any problems with the hotel and I'm bummed out that I cannot stay there during week 2 of my trip. Great place to stay near the airport!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Starwood are trying to break the mould with interesting new hotel concepts which get rid of beige! Aloft is one of the newer concepts. This is a friendly, comfortable hotel in the "accommodation" area 5 minutes from O'Hare with regular shuttle bus to the airport and the local train station for access to downtown Chicago. Rooms have everything you need in a modern design, and the public area's are relaxed in an up to date sort of way. Friendly staff enhance the experience. Breakfast is a pay per item with limited choice. There are a few restaurants in the area and a multiplex cinema.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My company booked me at this hotel and I had clients coming with me as well. I thought it would be similar to a lower level W in many ways but was disappointed. The ambiance and rooms are similar to the W, but the amenities and services are not. I worked one day and needed to print some documents and was VERY DISAPPOINTED and shocked to find NO business center. There are computers but 1 printer behind the check-in counter where you print out and only in black and white. I ended up spending $20-30 at Fedex/Kinkos to print color documents and I had to take a taxi there!

Food....almost none existent. There is no restaurant of any type although there is a large bar and only self-serve food area with basics (yogurt, fruit, muffins, etc.). Again...disappointed since I got in late and wanted a bite to eat.

Finally, they did put me in a nice quiet room but in the morning there were ants crawling around in my briefcase...again disappointing. They gladly switched my rooms but I was already creeped out. Rooms are fine and modern but nothing else that is special.

My clients were not impressed and I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Need a quiet room--ask to stay in a room where they put the pilots.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sporto363
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
#8 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Aloft Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!