“Almost a luxury hotel, at a reasonable price”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My first experience with the Aloft brand wasn't everything that I expected. But that's a good thing. From various reports and reviews, I expected a shiny place with hipsters and staff that catered to them. Instead, I found a bright, clean, new hotel with helpful staff and a warm feel.
Yes, the staff have tattoos and piercings. Yes, weekend evenings find the lobby bar area filled with twenty-somethings playing pool, surfing the web using the free wi-fi on their devices or the complimentary computers scattered around, and outside playing cornhole or smoking around the fire pits. If this bothers you, Aloft probably isn't for you.
None of this bothers me, and I was happily surprised to find the rooms were bigger than I expected from website pictures. It did take a few minutes of playing around with switches and checking cubbyholes and such to get used to where everything was and how to light it, but once I figured it out, I was extremely comfortable. (Tip: one of the switches near the door turns on the over-bed lights, and the switches on the wall next to the bed control each side's light individually. The iron & ironing board are in the cubby near the shower pane at the far side of the room.) There's a nice selection of cable channels, including HD movie channels, and they had a green initiative going where a hang tag could be put on the door to not have housekeeping change the linenes, and in return, you get a $5 credit at the re:fuel snack shop or the xyz lobby bar. This helps offset the (as usual) high price of convenience.
It's no inconvenience to not have a restaurant on premises, as the Rosemont Convention Center is across the street, and has plenty of choices for eating and drinking, including Toby Keith's ..., Hofbrau Haus, My Big Fat Greek Diner, an Irish pub, a comedy club, other psuedo-ethnic choices and a bowling alley called Kings, which I'll review separately - great burgers! ridiculous fishbowl drinks!
Aloft also scored big points for their shuttle service, which not only provides airport transportation but also rides to the Rosemont el station (if you go from there into town, you miss the extra airport charge) and other nearby locations.It runs every half-hour from the airport until 11 or midnight.
Every single employee I ran into was courteous and helpful, the bed was just right, the decor tolerably modern and functional; the rainfall showerhead was wonderful, and my only complaint about the the bathroom would be that the low-flow toilets don't always clean the bowl. That, and that I couldn't take home a serving or two of the shower gel and shampoo!
At a price point I'd expect from a lower-end hotel, and almost everything I want from a luxury hotel, I'll be staying at Aloft again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thanks for the positive review. Guest service is our focus and I am glad you found the staff to be helpful. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was the first time we ever stayed at an Aloft hotel. It met all our needs. We went to the Hofbrauhaus which was approximately 1 block from the hotel and because we were celebrating Oktoberfest with friends decided it was a good idea to secure a room, instead of driving home. Found a good rate. Parking structure was across the street with a "skywalk" directly to the hotel, so never had to walk outside. Quick check in w/o any problems. Room was clean, smelled good and was of modern decor. We didn't spend any time in the room other than when we came back to sleep for 8hrs. The king size bed was very comfy with a wonderful comforter as well. I would definately stay at an Aloft Hotel again. Also ticket for parking was validated.

Room Tip: Our room faced entrance onto 294 and was quiet as could be.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Aloft O'Hare has been a sleek modern beauty since it opened.
We make our trek to Rosemont once a year to attend a tradeshow. We have stayed at other properties in the area but Aloft by far is the best value and quality experience for the money.
They do the little things very well their shuttle drivers are the best ever experienced anywhere hands down they will take you anywhere you want to go and pick you up later ie dinner shopping, train station etc... Front desk staff is attentive. This is not a resort for a high maintenance guest. no restaurant or room service just snacks and light breakfast items although nice bar.
Thanks Aloft for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank for reviewing the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the aloft and and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed here for one night between flights and loved it. The hotel is very nice, clean, modern and the staff is extremely helpful. I e-mailed back and forth with one member of the staff to ask about the possibility to have a package from Amazone (booster seat for our child) shipped to the hotel and Luis was very helpful. Room was big and had everything you could need including free wifi which is a must for us. We used the free shuttle to Rosemont CTA station, very friendly driver. Same thing with the free shuttle to the airport next morning, very friendly driver and he left right on time from the hotel. Hotel was also just a one minute walk from the new Fashion Outlet mall, just cross the street and you're there. On the other side of the hotel are several great restaurants, we walked there and had dinner at Adobe Gilas. Would definitely want to stay here again if I need a hotel close to the airport. Oh - and the price was great too!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for the glowing review. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Luis. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Nice modern hotel near o'hare. Shuttle service will take and pick you back up at several nice restaurants. Staff for breakfast not too friendly or helpful. Bed was comfy and room very clean. Very close to o'hare airport. Shuttle service runs approx every 30 minutes to and from airport

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel decor was nice and clean. Atmosphere was also attractive, but the guests also pay an expensive price for it.

Now the staff: apparently there are some thieves employees there. Left my Harley Davidson in my room mistakingly (yes, my fault left in the closet). Called the housekeeping manager Frank Conforti, this was useless. Never called back after he said he would look into it. When I called him 6 hours later, he could have cared less.

I received the same attitude from the hotel "supervisor" April DiSteinfo. Also didnt care that I was a US soldier and had important paperwork inside the jacket. Not even an "I'll look into it" Nothing.....

I guess this is what happens when you put kids in charge of a hotel.

I'll never stay at this hotel again and I'll discourage friends and family from staying here also.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Aboat911
Reviewed 16 September 2013

For the Price you really don't get a lot of ammenities. The place is looking a bit worn. The rooms remind me of a Japanese efficiency Hotel. While not bad.. the room was Tiny and stark. Just Concrete cold. The bed was confortable and the room was clean. For the same price I could have stayed at a Luxury Suite at Marriot just a few blocks away. This is NOT Luxury..and this is not a romantic place. Rather it feels like efficency at a George Orwell sort of level. If you are over 40 you may not like the starkness of it. Otherwise it is an OK place to crash for one night if you need to becasue the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean and odor free. We did't eat there. But it looked like avg 7 eleven snacks in what they called the dinning area. We did nto use room service either so I cannot comment on the service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I appreciate the feedback on our room layout and for acknowledging the cleanliness and comfortability.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - O'Hare/Rosemont
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to Aloft Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!