“Cool, clean airport hotel”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Cool, clean airport hotel”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel was exactly what I wanted it to be-- a clean, comfortable, relatively quiet place to stay on an overnight layover at O'Hare. I arrived at close to 11PM, but found that there was a nice energy to the lobby/lounge area. Felt like I could have gone down for a drink or two, if I were so inclined.

Check in was fast and friendly. The room was clean, comfortable, and exactly as pictured. My only tiny trouble was that the bedside lights didn't seem to work, but perhaps I was missing some subtlety of th lighting system.

I had a good sleep, and the next morning, liked the little grab and go breakfast area. At check out, the girl mentioned that I could get my breakfast free if I signed up for Starwoods rewards-- smart girl! I appreciated the head's up.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the review. As for the lighting issue, for next time the master control for the bedroom lights is at the entrance to the room.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Pittsford, NY
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had been looking forward to the opportunity to stay in an Aloft hotel, and while the concept intrigued me, my overall experience was underwhelming.
The location of this particular was great - I could walk to the outlet mall and there were plenty of restaurants and things to do within a 10-minute walking distance (including the Stephens Convention Center).
The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.
The lobby and common areas were open and welcoming, with lots of nooks if you wanted a little privacy.
The rooms were... different. Very contemporary and sparsely furnished. Storage space was limited.
The beds... just OK comfort-wise.
The HVAC... noisy but effective.
The room was tech-friendly, with plenty of electrical outlets.
Room lighting was confusing with lots of switches, but little rhyme or reason to what each switch could turn on / off.
The bathroom was laid out nicely, with the sink area separated from the toilet / shower. But, and there's always a but - the toilet ran all night, refilling every few minutes with that annoying noise. The sink would not drain properly, taking what seemed like forever to empty. And the shower, while it looked great, smelled of mildew.
Would I stay here again? No. Would I try a different Aloft? Probably.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike M
I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel. It appears that you enjoyed the location and the hotel layout however we fell short with a couple issues. We have addressed these issues with our staff and hope you will give us another try on your next visit to the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed several times at this hotel. The location is perfect for the airport and working the surrounding Chicago area. A shuttle service runs around the clock and the drivers are very professional (restaurant service as well as airport). The food right near the hotel in a quick walk across the parking deck is very good with a variety of food choices. The staff is always eager to help - especially Liz Kraft. I have referred this hotel many times. Exercise facilities could use another treadmill and breakfast could use some healthier options (Protein sources like Greek yogurt and fresh berries), which they use to have. Overall you cannot beat this hotel for its overall value and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the road side to reduce morning noise; however, the noise there is not bad.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MDM1414
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and we appreciate your loyalty to the aloft O'Hare.
Lake Placid
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stumbled into the Aloft due to bad weather in Chicago. Got stuck overnight and booked the Aloft. Shuttle ride is about 10 minutes from O'Hare. Hotel decor is art deco from the lobby to the rooms. Small dining area was cool with morning chef prepping the hot food. Breakfast sandwich was great, but lots of other stuff, too. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Booked via Expedia and got a great rate.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for the positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to serve you again the next time you are in the area.
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were picked up quickly at the airport. It is a short ride to the hotel. The check in process was very quick. The room was nice. Well appointed and a comfortable bed. The only drawback was the lack of "free' breakfast. There was coffee/tea, but everything else had a cost. I would stay there again and will look for other locations when I travel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Waterford, MI
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was in town attending a convention and chose to stay here rather than the host hotel which was $40 more per night and was very happy. The Aloft Hotel is very clean and contemporary. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. If I'm in town for another convention I'll be staying here again. The location is only about a 5 minute walk to the convention center. The only drawback is the closest liquor store is a little over a mile away.

Room Tip: Even though I was on the north side of the building where you could see planes landing at the airpor...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My girlfriend (now fiancee) stayed at this hotel over the weekend before St. Patrick's Day. We originally chose this hotel for its reputation as a more upscale boutique hotel. Immediately upon arriving to the room it was clear that while the design concept tried to meet the expectations of a true boutique hotel, this stay was going to fall short. While the room was cleaned to a minimum standard, it could have been better, as there was dust and grime around the tiles in the bathroom and shower. The handles for the sink and shower were loose to the point that the could fall off if pulled too hard. The walls were also very thin, allowing for any hallway noise to pass into the room. Do not stay in a room next to the skywalk on the 2nd level, as you will hear nothing but loud drunks coming back from the bars between 2am-4am. Lastly, we also got stuck in a room where the environmental controls had not been hooked up yet, leaving us with no ability to turn on the air circulation fan, or control the heat or cooling. Upon discovering the problems with the environmental controls, I reported it to the front desk, who offered to move us to a different room or to have the maintenance staff repair it in the morning. We decided to have it repaired the next day while we were sightseeing in Chicago. While getting breakfast the next morning I reminded the front desk staff that they said the repairs were going to be done that day, and we left the room at approximately 11:00am. After a long day of sightseeing we returned to the room at approximately 11:00pm, only to find that not only had no room service been performed that day, but that it was clear that no maintenance staff visited the room or tried any repairs. I then went to the front desk who told us that the only other option was to move us to a different room, which we did despite the hassle so we could get a decent amount of sleep. The staff at the front desk was nice, however the team as a whole needs to work to provide better customer service, making sure that things like this are taken care of for guests. After all of this added together, we will definitely not be staying at an Aloft hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay at one of the other nearby hotels that are within the same price range.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple