“Probably OK for a the hip crowd”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Zurich, Switzerland
“Probably OK for a the hip crowd”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Lobby and elevator has hip music + multi-coloured lights. I was not sure if I was walking into a hotel or a night club.

The first room I was given the door key did not work and they had to send the engineer who went to work on the door. Eventually I was moved to another room on the floor. There the airconditioning unit was extraordinarily loud, so I decided to switch rooms, where the refrigeration was extraordinarily loud - but we dealt with that by simply switching the refrigerator off.

More than anything, this was probably just a mismatch between my needs and the hotel: I could imagine that if I was 21, I would have liked it very much..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thanks for reviewing the hotel. I apologize for the loud A/C and refrigerator, these issues have been rectified.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was not informed that when my card was swiped for incidentals, that they would actually take $50 out of my bank and hold it for 10 days. That was money I needed for this trip. I should have been told that before they swiped my card. The beds are very uncomfortable, as well as the pillows. I hope they did not spend alot of money on the mattresses, as they felt like the cheapest beds I have ever laid on. It stayed hot in there. We had the air pumping as much as possible, but it was muggy and hot. Our "modern" shower leaked out into the bathroom floor. Friday evening, our toilet chain broke. We were too tired and ready to go to bed and did not want to deal with maintenance. So, all night and Sat morning, everytime we went to the bathroom, we would have to open the back and pull the cylinder for it to flush. The hose came loose on my roommate at one time and sprayed water all over her and the bathroom. of course, we called the front desk at that time. The maintenance guy was super helpful. He fixed the issue and cleaned up the mess. The women's lobby bathroom had a stall that would lock you in. At least 6 people in my conference got locked in there. Many people kept telling the front desk. They waiting over 5 hours to finally put a sign on the door. When checking out, the hotel staff lady was not clear on how everything worked. She was very confused and somewhat disgruntled. She did not explain how we were going to get our receipts for the hotel. Or why my roommate's parking receipt had all of my information on it. I had to go back and ask her multiple questions.
i would not recommend anyone staying here. It is not worth the money. I wish I could get my money back, as it was a horrible experience.

1 Thank Beth P
scott g, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
I am sorry for the inconveniences encountered during your stay. We have addressed these issues and trust your experience would be different on your next visit.
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We first stayed there for a baseball tournament at the Dome. The hotel had offered to shuttle us to the tournament. We declined after realizing it was just down the street. The hotel is located right next to the Rosemont Entertainment Center. We've been wanting to visit the Center and we again booked with Aloft. We certainly were not disappointed either time. While I did not have any issues, a few on our team found the employees not overly friendly (and they dress "down")and mix ups in the reservation. However, we worked with the group coordinator who was able to accommodate our requests and was very friendly. We plan to return for an overnight soon.

There is a small bar right in the lobby with a pool table and a small pool (indoor). They have breakfast and snacks available for purchase in the lobby. I'm a big fan of the modern rooms too!

Room Tip: Do not stay by the elevators when the party crowd comes in late at night. It amazes me how inconside...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
The hotel has the best location in Rosemont located by the MB Financial Park, Fashion Outlets of Chicago, The Donald Stevens Convention Center and the Dome. Thanks for the taking the time to review the hotel.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel was exactly what I wanted it to be-- a clean, comfortable, relatively quiet place to stay on an overnight layover at O'Hare. I arrived at close to 11PM, but found that there was a nice energy to the lobby/lounge area. Felt like I could have gone down for a drink or two, if I were so inclined.

Check in was fast and friendly. The room was clean, comfortable, and exactly as pictured. My only tiny trouble was that the bedside lights didn't seem to work, but perhaps I was missing some subtlety of th lighting system.

I had a good sleep, and the next morning, liked the little grab and go breakfast area. At check out, the girl mentioned that I could get my breakfast free if I signed up for Starwoods rewards-- smart girl! I appreciated the head's up.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the review. As for the lighting issue, for next time the master control for the bedroom lights is at the entrance to the room.
Pittsford, NY
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had been looking forward to the opportunity to stay in an Aloft hotel, and while the concept intrigued me, my overall experience was underwhelming.
The location of this particular was great - I could walk to the outlet mall and there were plenty of restaurants and things to do within a 10-minute walking distance (including the Stephens Convention Center).
The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.
The lobby and common areas were open and welcoming, with lots of nooks if you wanted a little privacy.
The rooms were... different. Very contemporary and sparsely furnished. Storage space was limited.
The beds... just OK comfort-wise.
The HVAC... noisy but effective.
The room was tech-friendly, with plenty of electrical outlets.
Room lighting was confusing with lots of switches, but little rhyme or reason to what each switch could turn on / off.
The bathroom was laid out nicely, with the sink area separated from the toilet / shower. But, and there's always a but - the toilet ran all night, refilling every few minutes with that annoying noise. The sink would not drain properly, taking what seemed like forever to empty. And the shower, while it looked great, smelled of mildew.
Would I stay here again? No. Would I try a different Aloft? Probably.

1 Thank Mike M
I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel. It appears that you enjoyed the location and the hotel layout however we fell short with a couple issues. We have addressed these issues with our staff and hope you will give us another try on your next visit to the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed several times at this hotel. The location is perfect for the airport and working the surrounding Chicago area. A shuttle service runs around the clock and the drivers are very professional (restaurant service as well as airport). The food right near the hotel in a quick walk across the parking deck is very good with a variety of food choices. The staff is always eager to help - especially Liz Kraft. I have referred this hotel many times. Exercise facilities could use another treadmill and breakfast could use some healthier options (Protein sources like Greek yogurt and fresh berries), which they use to have. Overall you cannot beat this hotel for its overall value and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the road side to reduce morning noise; however, the noise there is not bad.
2 Thank MDM1414
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and we appreciate your loyalty to the aloft O'Hare.
Lake Placid
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stumbled into the Aloft due to bad weather in Chicago. Got stuck overnight and booked the Aloft. Shuttle ride is about 10 minutes from O'Hare. Hotel decor is art deco from the lobby to the rooms. Small dining area was cool with morning chef prepping the hot food. Breakfast sandwich was great, but lots of other stuff, too. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Booked via Expedia and got a great rate.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for the positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to serve you again the next time you are in the area.