“A Pleasant Surprise Outside Chicago”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 15 March 2010

While driving through the Chicago area and deciding at the last minute to spend the night we landed a night at Aloft for $38 (LOVE Priceline!). Having never stayed at Aloft hotel previously we were a bit skeptical that we'd really be getting a decent hotel at that price, but what a pleasant surprise! While the location leave something to be desired (near the airport but not much else) it worked just fine for our purposes. The entrance was through the parking garage which was a bit odd but after we figured it out we appreciated having such easy assess to the hotel from the parking location. Aloft is a fun, contemporary hotel with a cool vibe and friendly, helpful staff. While there is not a restaurant in the hotel there is a help yourself grab and go food area where you can grab a quick sandwich and coffee which was very reasonably priced. The room was very comfortable and trendy, I found myself leaving with ideas for redoing my own home! Great Bliss Spa toiletries. Rooms may be a bit small but how much space do you really need in a hotel room if you've got a great bed & updated bathroom!? I will definitely stay at another Aloft property in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 March 2010

This was my second time staying at the Aloft Hotel. I just love it!! I love everything about it. The interior is very modern and cozy. I love the rooms. It was just big enough. I will probably stay here once a month. Its affordable and just all around great!!

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Nice clean hotel with modern chic look. Very near to airport. But you gotta pay for parking. Shuttle available from Airport (every 30 mins) and they also drop you within 5 miles radius
No restaurants nearby and none in hotel also (except for a snack bar and a Bar)

You can print your boarding pass in the hotel Lobby ! Muvico 18 theatre very nearby (just across the street) Free wifi available in all rooms

No complimentary breakfast is a let down but overall a good place to stay

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2010

Not a bad hotel, decent value. Convenient to ORD airport but beware that you are trapped and if you do not have a car you are stuck. No restaurant at the hotel or none within easy walking distane (very important in the winter!). Decor is best described as "contemporary/budget/quirky." But for a new hotel, some things already showing disrepair-- cut in shade in bedroom, broken plastic wall piece, and light over bed did not work. Reception was very friendly, but hotel concept seems to try too hard to be "cool, hip" but just kind of misses it. The powder blue alarm clock with the hands just needs to go! Novotels in Europe have figured out how to be a good value, good style, and be budget and contemporary without being quirky. Aloft is quirky. Just did not feel like I was staying in a full service hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RobNewYorkCity
Reviewed 5 January 2010

This is a really cool hotel. The rooms are ultra modern and very cool to stay in. But the best part of this hotel is the staff. They were outstanding each and everyone of them. The desk clerks and the shuttle drivers were so helpful and friendly. It was such a nice change for the usual people that I have encountered in big city hotels. I can not say enough good things about this hotel. If you get a chance you should stay here! I will definately come back!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We were on transit to our vacation at Dominican Republic. My husband picked Aloft for our one night stay over so that we can catch our 6am flight the next day. Never thought I would say I love a transit hotel. It is welcoming, it is hip, it is chic. We could park our car at the cover garage attached to the hotel for half of the price at the airport. The hotel provides shuttle to the airport every 30 minutes. They made special arrangement to take us to the airport at 330am! I love the self service cafe at the lobby where you can buy hot drinks and a quick bite on the way to the airport. There is also a bar, a heated indoor swimming pool and a gym!

The room is very well designed. Modern minimalist, good looking and very functional. There are so many ports and power points that you can charged your computer and your other electronic gadgets all at once. The flat screen TV can also be your computer´s monitor if you just pluck in the connection. Did I say that WI FI is free? You also get your free coffee and tea and bottle water. Although the room is next to the free way but it was very quiet. They have very good sound proof windows!

We had a good night sleep and raised early to catch our flight for our vacation. I highly recommend the Aloft the next time you need a transit hotel in Chicago O´Hare airport.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We are frequent Starwood guests & have never had a bad experience, & our stay at the PDX Aloft last summer was great, so we were excited to spend two nights at this location before catching a flight out of O'Hare. The hotel is so cool-looking, & the concept is great, but the realization at this location is not so great. Unfortunately, we shared many of the negative opinions voiced by other reviewers (bedding isn't attached to the bed, which is extremely uncomfortable; shower door leaks; thumping music from the lobby kept me awake; rooms are small). Even worse, the hotel was neglected and understaffed (likely because of the holiday): when we arrived on January 1st around six, the bar (expected to open at five) was still closed, so there was no real food available, and on the 3rd, trash littering the lobby & stairs (apparently from the NYE party) had not all been picked up, & the hallway carpet was smeared with stains. Maid service was also slow & disappointing. Interestingly, these irritations made me critical of things I hadn't even noticed at the PDX location, like how you have to pay for every little extra, & how cramped the rooms are. I think the problems at this location are really bad for the brand, which is just starting out & trying to do something different.

In spite of the problems, Aloft is fun & interesting, & the price is good enough that the hotel almost remains tempting. If Starwood would just fix the obvious problems with beds, music, &, apparently, the management, there's no reason why this location wouldn't be successful. There's no reason that under the current conditions, however, it would.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank CharityO
JeremyPS, General Manager at Aloft Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2010

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for you recent stay here at the aloft hotel. We appreciate the time you took to detail out your experience and sincerely apologize for unsatisfactory experience you had during your stay with us. I have reviewed your post with the management team. Thank you again for your time and I hope you will consider trying aloft again in the future.

Jeremy Schaeffer