“Loved it! A fun modern hotel!”

Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Farmington, Michigan
“Loved it! A fun modern hotel!”
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I had never stayed at an Aloft before, so I was very happy when priceline "stuck" me there earlier this month... I was making a last minute trip to the Chicago area to visit friends and wanted something around the O'Hare area.

I arrived to Chicago via Amtrak and took the Blue Line to the Rosemont Stop, and decided to walk to the hotel, even though I had been told that I could call the hotel and have the shuttle pick me up. It was a beautiful day, and the walk took me about 15 minutes, which isn't bad at all. I got to the hotel around 1pm, and checkout wasn't until 3pm, but they were happy to let me check in early. The desk clerk pointed out the pool & exercise area, the bar and when it would open, and the way to the elevators. The lobby had fun comfy chairs and lots of great modern bright colors.

The elevators were a delight to me... blue lights and music played, and they were very clean. The carpets in the hallways weren't the normal SCARY hotel carpets either... they were very modern and simplistic and fit with the rest of the decor in the hallways. The room itself... wow. Walking in, the bath area was on the left side... there was a sink and fridge, with drawers and hangers across from it along with a single-cup beverage pot with a selection of coffee and tea, both caffeinated & decaf. Behind a sliding mirrored door (that looked like a mirrored wall when closed) was the toilet & shower. The shower had an almost-opaque colored glass wall between the shower itself and the bedroom, so someone standing in the bedroom could see the silhouette of the person showering. Which the glass wall is there for light, I'm sure, it made an interesting impression on my boyfriend when he stopped by.

The room had a large comfy bed, a wall-mounted flat-panel tv, and a plug & play device so you could hook up dvd players, laptops, etc to play on the tv. There was even a note that if you were missing a cable, you could contact the "Aloha Desk" to get one.

Parking was free when we where there... the gates were up in the parking garage, so my boyfriend didn't have to worry about paying to park when he visited me. And everyone was very nice and helpful, at the desk & at the bar. Drinks at the bar were slightly overpriced, but that's normal at a hotel bar.

The last night I was there, I lost track of time and didn't get to sleep until late. I asked the front desk for a late checkout... an hour or so if they could do it... and they gave me a 3pm checkout! That was unbelievable for me... I'm sure that it was because it was slow, but it was a wonderful thing that they didn't need to offer. When I checked out, the shuttle dropped me off at the CTA Rosemont stop, and I was on my way home.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
Chicago
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We stayed in this hotel for a concert. We recieved an offer thru the mail included with our tickets. It stated that there was free shuttle service, The hotel its self was nice and clean. The staff was not very helpful. the guy driving the shuttle said that 20% of the hotel that night was there for the concert, he also stated that they would not be able to transport everyone staying at the hotel and that it was first come first serve. And then once we were at the concert he told us he would not come back to thhe venue that we were required to walk two parking lots over across a target parking lot to a IHOP to get picked up after the concert! Only becuase he said he didnt want to deal with the traffic (thought it was his job) I would have stayed somewhere else had I known it would be like this. Oh and you have to pay for parking something the staff , when asked on the phone didnt know the answer to ) and was never noted while making a reservation.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChicagoMomof1
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I only had limited time here on a business trip, but what a nice and modern place. Great place for the 25-40 age group. Unique place to stay and I would highly recommend to anyone to stay. Super clean and neat, great price and very interesting feel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 March 2010

While driving through the Chicago area and deciding at the last minute to spend the night we landed a night at Aloft for $38 (LOVE Priceline!). Having never stayed at Aloft hotel previously we were a bit skeptical that we'd really be getting a decent hotel at that price, but what a pleasant surprise! While the location leave something to be desired (near the airport but not much else) it worked just fine for our purposes. The entrance was through the parking garage which was a bit odd but after we figured it out we appreciated having such easy assess to the hotel from the parking location. Aloft is a fun, contemporary hotel with a cool vibe and friendly, helpful staff. While there is not a restaurant in the hotel there is a help yourself grab and go food area where you can grab a quick sandwich and coffee which was very reasonably priced. The room was very comfortable and trendy, I found myself leaving with ideas for redoing my own home! Great Bliss Spa toiletries. Rooms may be a bit small but how much space do you really need in a hotel room if you've got a great bed & updated bathroom!? I will definitely stay at another Aloft property in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
chicago, il
Reviewed 15 March 2010

This was my second time staying at the Aloft Hotel. I just love it!! I love everything about it. The interior is very modern and cozy. I love the rooms. It was just big enough. I will probably stay here once a month. Its affordable and just all around great!!

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Tamil Nadu
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Nice clean hotel with modern chic look. Very near to airport. But you gotta pay for parking. Shuttle available from Airport (every 30 mins) and they also drop you within 5 miles radius
No restaurants nearby and none in hotel also (except for a snack bar and a Bar)

You can print your boarding pass in the hotel Lobby ! Muvico 18 theatre very nearby (just across the street) Free wifi available in all rooms

No complimentary breakfast is a let down but overall a good place to stay

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 11 February 2010

Not a bad hotel, decent value. Convenient to ORD airport but beware that you are trapped and if you do not have a car you are stuck. No restaurant at the hotel or none within easy walking distane (very important in the winter!). Decor is best described as "contemporary/budget/quirky." But for a new hotel, some things already showing disrepair-- cut in shade in bedroom, broken plastic wall piece, and light over bed did not work. Reception was very friendly, but hotel concept seems to try too hard to be "cool, hip" but just kind of misses it. The powder blue alarm clock with the hands just needs to go! Novotels in Europe have figured out how to be a good value, good style, and be budget and contemporary without being quirky. Aloft is quirky. Just did not feel like I was staying in a full service hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business