“Good value”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I've been here two years in a row for the Chicago Salsa Congress. The rooms are nice and the hotel is perfect for a big event like this. It might not be the newest hotel but the rooms are clean and there are no musty smells like in so many other hotels that are getting older. Only drawbacks are that the pool/jacuzzi are surprisingly small for a big hotel like this, and the walls to the corridor must be really thin because sound can be an issue.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here one night in February. I won't write an exhaustive review, but would like to make a couple points. It is a nice hotel overall, although getting a bit dated in the rooms. I saw a sign that they are undergoing some renovation. Check in/out was fine. What bothered me was the extra fees, above and beyond what normal business hotels tend to charge. $25 for parking, in an almost empty surface lot?!? Internet was $13, and a mediocre room service breakfast was over $30. Other than being nickel and dimed, its location was hard to get to off the interstate. Despite sitting right on I-90, getting on/off from certain directions was challenging, and involved much looping around O'Hare. I had a rental car w/o navigation, and this proved very difficult.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I came to the hotel, checked in and there was noone at the valet. So I left my car there for about 20 minutes while I checked in. I kept on returning looking for the valet guy but he never came, finally I went to my room to get ready for the party, I came down and the valet had called the police on me!! and I got a huge ticket! When I called afterwords to complain I get a rude email from the manager...... it gets worse I called for some towels they did not come, then I went to sleep and they come knocking on the door and wake me up!!! but again they do not care at all for this!!! DO NOT STAY THERE!!! RUN

3  Thank M1234111
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Nice hotel.Very convenient location- near the airport.Stayed there in the beginning of February for a business trip.Checked-in late Monday night.The bellman was very helpful with info about transportation options.Front desk agent (as far as I remember Maria) was very attentive and welcoming.The room needed a little renovation but overall it was clean and spacious.The only problem I experienced was with the internet connection in my room.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

My husband stayed at the Westin O'Hare last night so he could catch a 5:30 am flight out of Chicago. He called to tell me the customer service there is excellent. We are in the Preferred Guest program, but it's not like we're Platinum, so I don't think he was treated differently than anyone else would have been.
When he arrived, they explained the shuttle to the airport didn't start as early as he was going, so THEY arranged for a cab to pick him up at 4am. They also said they would arrange a wake up call for 3:30 but, for whatever reason, that didn't happen. He woke up at 4:02 and called down to the front desk to see if the cab was still there. They said no problem--they'd hold it. They also took care of the cab fare. It is nice when a hotel will take care of you and any things that go wrong, not because you demand it, but because it is the right thing to do. Other little things really made him feel like customer service is top priority at this hotel.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

A young man named Angelo at the front desk was easily the most helpful person we have ever encountered at a hotel front desk. He researched the best way for us to get downtown, where we should visit, and then printed out directions to 4 different places for us to go downtown. We stayed there about a week ago but made it a priority to write a review about him because he was so cool. Thanks Angelo!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I travel frequently from my work and, if you've read my other reviews, frequently stay in mid-level properties. That is not to say that I avoid the high end ones. That having been said, this particular Westin fits the mold of the other Westin and similar properties. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff was accommodating, etc.

My beef is probably more perceptual than anything. That is that when you pay top dollar for a room you don't need to feel their fingers constantly pawing your wallet. Let's see, parking $25, In room internet $12.95/day/computer. Bottle of water $4. Pick up the phone $1.50. Come on guys. I realize that a majority of your guests are business travelers on an expense account but do you really need to nickel and dime us to death?

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business