“Nice hotel with indifferent service”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Riverside
“Nice hotel with indifferent service”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is quite lovely. My daughter, niece and I really liked the pool. However, at best, I found the staff indifferent. On check-in we asked if our families room could be near ours. There was obviously no real attempt to facilitate this request. We were on the same floor, but on completely opposite sides of the hotel. The staff did not explain to us how to get to our rooms. We also were not asked if we were parking in their lot and had to make an extra trip inside to get the room key activated to allow us to leave the parking lot. Any and all encounters with staff there left me feeling like an intruder rather than a guest. If you just want a pretty place, the price was right and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
orlando
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since the early 80's. Upside = A great place to stay. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, A/C works well and bathroom is spotless and a good shower. Behind the desk folks very helpful. Great for business traveler. Downside = charge for Internet service and charge for overnight parking can add up to almost $40.00 so be aware of those costs. If you are lucky to get on Priceline for a discounted rate it is even a better value. Overall a great place but I like free parking and free internet.

Katy G, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your response. We love to hear your feedback. We take pride in the hotel to ensure your stay is a pleasurable one. As far as the internet we do offer complimentary HSIA in the lobby as well as a complimentary business center, if that helps you. Thank you so very much for being such a valued guest and your continued loyalty and we truly appreciate you choosing us every time you are in the area. Please feel free to contact me before you arrive next time, I would like nothing more than to thank you in person.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 19 April 2012

If you are fortunate enough to have this hotel win your North O'hare Airport Priceline bid, you won't be sorry. In fact, I think if you paid full price you will still be very happy. Think service done right. Lots of staff everywhere and all seem genuinely happy about their job.
Airport shuttle runs even at 4:30 in the morning!

Room Tip: You can keep your bathrobe at home. They have one waiting for you on the door.
Katy G, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you so very much for your response. We truly appreciate your kind words!! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you noticed that the staff is genuinely happy, the reason for all of our smiles are guests like you!! We take pride in making sure your stay is a pleasurable one!! Thank you for choosing the Westin O’Hare and please do contact me the next time you are planning a trip to Chicago.

Milwaukee
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I've stayed at the Westin O'Hare on a number of occasions and I have never been disappointed. The hotel staff is always very friendly and accomodating. I get a sense that they really care and they want my stay at the hotel to be fabulous. The rooms and bathrooms have always been clean and neat, and while I never sleep very well outside of my own bed, I must admit that their beds are some of the most comfortable I've slept in while away from home. The hotel itself is also clean and neat and the aroma they use in the main areas is fantastic. It's a very safe bet I'll be staying here again and again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Robyn,
Thank you for your kind words. You are correct we really do want your stay to be fabulous!! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and got a good night’s sleep on our Heavenly Bed! Please do contact me when you’re planning your next trip to Chicago!! I would love to make your reservation myself and thank you in person!!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 15 April 2012

O'Hare airport could hardly be described as pleasant, but you definitely can't say that about the nearby Westin O'Hare, which is a nice place for a weary traveler to rest.
The hotel is on River Road, the main O'Hare hotel drag. It's got a big, airy, inviting lobby and very nice public spaces with nicely scented air. The check-in desk staff members were pleasant and efficient.
It very much has that airport/suburban hotel "feel" to it, meaning it has a sprawling layout - your room could be a hike from the elevators.
The rooms themselves are nicely appointed and BIG. I had a king single with plenty of space, a large workdesk, a lounge chair and cocktail table, a big flat-screen TV with plenty of channels, and a nice-sized bathroom. The Westin Heavenly Bed was, well, heavenly.....like sleeping on clouds.
The in-room and hotel dining options were quite decent, which is very important given that dining options in the area are extremely limited. There's also a free business center in the lobby for internet access and printing.
The shuttle to O'Hare leaves every half-hour. The Westin is about a 3-block walk (suburban blocks, mind you) to the CTA "L" Blue Line station at Rosemont, and from there it's a 40-minute ride into downtown Chicago.

Room Tip: Get one reasonably close to the elevators. Some can be quite a ways away.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank michiganmarlon
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Nice hotel for a meeting once you fly into Ohare. The only complaint that I have is much the same for other Hotels. They need to invest in a better vacum and actualy clean the corners and underneath things. I think if they just did a more complete job this would be an excellent facility. On the other hand the staff was excellent and we will more than likely use this facility again.

1 Thank Dolce50
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The Westin is one of my favorite hotels. It is classy yet, affordable. Everything feels heavenly. The blanket...the sheet..the bed...the towels, and even the bath room. It is as if it massages you. Awesome feeling. I came feeling stressed, and I left the hotel refreshed. I would definitely go again. There is also lots of things do in the hotel, like swim or workout, and as well as a restaurant and lobbies.