1,265 results
All reviews heavenly bed benchmark restaurant close to the airport o'hare airport comfortable hotel downtown chicago business center free shuttle o hare self parking guest rooms business meeting shuttle service fitness center blue line denise starbucks
Reviewed 23 July 2012

If you have to fly in for a meeting at O'Hare, you should hope they schedule it at the Westin. The rooms are fine and the nice plus is a bathrobe in the room. They have healthy foods on the menu too. Definitely a step up from your average airport meeting place.

• Stayed: July 2012
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Good Evening!

Thank you so much for leaving us this kind review. We are so glad that we were able to provide you with a refreshing stay during your meeting. We are also glad that you took advantage of our signature Superfoods that we are featuring on our dinner menu. We are fully committed to our guests and their wellness and superfoods is one way we do this.

Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future or book your next meeting here at the property.

Have a wonderful rest of your evening!

Lyss Remaly- Westin Experience Leader

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We dated here during a busy weekend in Chicago. Just 20 minutes from downtown, it was easy to get to and a much better price than staying downtown. The room was great, clean, and the reception was kind and welcoming. We would stay here ahain

• Stayed: July 2012

Good Evening,

We are so delighted that you had a refreshing stay with us here at the Westin O'Hare. We appreciate you taking the time to write us your kind words. We look forward to having you here again and hope that you will be here in the near future.

Thank you again for your time and have a wonderful rest of your evening.

Lyss Remaly

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Booked our hotel room through Travelocity, and upon arrival, we waited in line for 20 minutes for check-in. The customer service was horrid, in that absolutely nothing was explained including the extra cost for parking ($25/day), the $50 per day hold for incidentals, extra charge for internet services (almost $13/day or $25 for 2 days). Once we were in our room, we asked where the vending machines for drinks were located, we were told the first floor across from the front desk ... uh... wrong! After walking the entire first floor well after 10 pm, we asked the one gentleman standing in the front lobby talking on his cell phone with a Westin name tag on, and he, at that time, let us know that food vending machines are on opposite floors from the drink vending machines and the line at the check-in desk was so long, asking for change was virtually impossible. The pool was COLD and the hot tub was so small it held only a few people at a time. We asked for queen beds, only to be told the following day that there are NO queen beds available at this location. Turns out that the staff on duty when we checked in (July 13th) was from another location and did not know the O'hare location well enough to even be working there. When you purchase Internet in the room, it states clearly that up to 2 devices can be used on the one connection, however that is no longer true based on what the staff at the front desk says, only one IP address is given per purchase. Hard to look up what you are going to do and purchase advance tickets or make reservations from your room when you cannot connect to the internet without paying! At check-out, we FINALLY received the "adventure pack" that was promised to our 11-year-old AND when my husband complained about all of the above, we were advised that our parking was after all free and THEN we were provided with a parking card. Getting out of the parking lot was a disaster, to say the least. Almost had to pay for parking to get out of the lot - but after arguments with dissatisfied patrons behind us waiting to get out of the lot as well, were were able to leave with virtually no help from the Westin staff.

Good notes - shower felt great (awesome pressure, hot water), soap smelled great, pillows were nice, towels were nice, and the one person we want to thank was the housekeeper in the hall on the 5th floor Sunday morning July 16th who provided to us extra sugar, creamer and cups so we could enjoy the in-room coffee. She rocked!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Good Evening, I would like to deeply apologize for your recent experience with us here at the Westin. We apologize for the miscommunication at the front desk during check in and for not following up on your needs during check out. We take pride in providing a memorable and refreshing stay to all of our guests and are very disappointed that we were unable to provide that for you during this stay. I hope that despite your experiences this stay you will stay with us again in the future and experience what we are truly proud to call Westin worthy service. Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to personally ensure that your next stay with us is a flawless one. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I have sent all of your above comments to the appropriate department supervisors so they can take whatever steps necessary to ensure these do not happen again. Thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your evening.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

After unsuccessfully flying home from Chicago (2 hours on the runway, cancelled flight, rebooked for the finally day), I arrived at the Westin completely miserable from a hellish day. The manager, Lyss, and the entire team really went out of their way to lift my spirits. The workout clothing/sneaker lending program is amazing. For $5 I was able to use capri pants, a tshirt, sports bra, socks and sneakers and blow off steam in the gym. Everything they gave me was new with tags on - all high performance gear from New Balance. They also gave me toilettries at the front desk when I discovered I left mine on the security belt. Lyss recommended a nearby restaurant, Ram, which was a fantastic choice. When I finally retired to my Heavenly bed for a few short hours before an early morning flight, I was very grateful for the Westin team and thinking about how they have definitely earned my customer loyalty now and in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Good Afternoon!

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay! I am SO glad we were able to provide you with a little bit of stress release after such an ordeal at the airport. I hope you had a great workout and you were able to make up for the class you had to miss due to your flight being cancelled. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in town. Please feel more than free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to make sure your workout clothes are waiting for you and you have another wonderful stay with us! Thank you again for the great review!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Hotels.com, from where I booked my stay, does not seem to want to post my review....but here is my expereince: nice hotel (4/5), clean rooms (4/5), good breakfast (4/5), comfortable beds (5/5), good location (4/5--right by airport, and 2 blocks from Chicago El Blue Line) but rather poor service (2/5). Was not greeted warmly at front desk, no eye contact. Asked for room (both upon reservation and again at check in) with city view, got room facing other direction. Asked for change, was denied. Later, I asked if shuttle could take me to train stop, just two blocks away (as a courtesy)...was told they ONLY go to O'Hare. Really? I stayed at Aloft in Rosemont last year, and they never squabbled about rides in the area. Large, very long lobby--heard several other guests also grumbe about the apathetic brushoffs they received by service. It's too bad, as the Hotel, a bit dated, but still clean and nice, could be a great experience....I blame the management at this location, as the poor service seemed systemic....had always had great experiences at other Westins....will be unlikely to return.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet (good insulation to cancel airport noise), but if you can get a high floor facing city, would be quite enjoyable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon,
I would like to apologize for your most recent experience here at our property. We take pride in being able to provide superior service to our guests and we are disappointed we were unable to do that. The shuttle driver should have communicated to you that you can actually catch the Blue Line from O’Hare and it is just as convenient as the station down the street. Your honest feedback is very much appreciated and will be taken to the proper departments and handled properly so we can avoid this happening in the future. I hope you will reconsider and decide to stay with us again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do for you for your future visit. Thank you again for your time and have a wonderful rest of your day.