“Better Westins Elsewhere.”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been to many Westins and this is one is not the cream of the crop. There is no loading or unlading in front of hotel is you are driving. There is no free WIFI except in hotel lobby, there are no mini fridges available, the room we are in is not updated. There were no instructions for the TV, which is not user friendly. The hard line connection for the computer took a call and 15 minutes to get online. There are no luggage trollies for the gueststo use, you have to use a bellhop. The water very slowly drains from the tub (about three minutes or so). No phone book, but I guess that is the trend now. No local information on Rosemont, where the hotel is located. The staff is friendly, but that does not make up for the lack of room accommodations. The rooms are spacious, but the bathrooms are tiny. Nice rain shower head and seperate makeup area. Somehow, it just does not feel like a Westin to me.

Room Tip: Not familiar enough to give tips. First night here. Rooma on west side face the Kennedy Expressway...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

I thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Westin O'Hare.
I truly apologize that you had such a disappointing stay.
We strive to ensure every guest has a rejuvenating and relaxing experieince.
I regret that we were not aware of any of your issues while you were still with us.
My hope is that you do return so we can provide you with the experience you deserve.
A true Westin Experience.
I do appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and your honest feedback.
Please reach out to me personally so I can make things right.
I am the Westin Experience Leader on property.
I can reached at susan.tomaselli@westin.com
I look forward to hearing from you.

There are newer reviews for The Westin O'Hare

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I can not find a single complaint about this hotel. Everything during our entire stay was perfect. I am already looking forward to going back next year. Comfortable, clean, attentive staff, good food at restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you so very much for the generous 5 star review!
I am thrilled that you had such a rejuvenating experience.
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you next year. Hopefully sooner!
Thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Big hotel. Friendly staff. I was upgraded to a slightly better room and everything was very good. Heavenly bed was comfy. Heavenly shower was as you'd expect. Room service was prompt. Decor was modern and clean.

I'll definitely stay here again when I have work near O'Hare.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TwoWas

I was so happy to have read that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel.
We really worked hard to make sure our guests would be happier than ever!
I am so glad you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and Shower.
I thank you for your time and loyalty and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great remodel at the Westin O'Hare! Everything is new. I was a bit hesitant based on the feedback but it's all good now. The hotel is quiet, clean, smells fresh, has comfortable beds, free shuttle to and from the hotel at the top of the hour every 15 minutes and is close to the train. All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AgileDude

I really appreciate all the very kind words you had to write about in your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at The Westin O'Hare.
The information you provided will make it easy for travelers to chose to stay with us. For that, I thank you!!
Your honesty and loyalty are greatly appreciated.
Thank you again and we cannot wait for your speedy return.
Be Well and have a great weekend.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had a wonderful experience at the Westin O'Hare. Helpful staff, lovely public areas and fantastic guest rooms. The bed was super comfortable and the shower was delightful. Starbucks on property, too. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you so very much for the very kind review regarding your recent stay at the Westin O'Hare.
I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy our newly renovated hotel. It makes us very happy when our guests have a true Westin experience.
Thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful 5 star review!!
We greatly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return.
Have a great day and see you soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Rooms are spacious and quiet, the bathroom is big and showers are excellent. The bed, I can't say enough about it, it's simply great!!! Attention at front desk was quick, warm and efficient.
This hotel reaffirm my preference for Westin.
Great experience

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

We want to thank you for taking the time to write such a delightful review.
I am thrilled that you had such a rejuvenating stay. Your stay describes everything we want for all of our guests.It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we cannot wait for your return.
Thanks for your loyalty to Starwood and all your kind words.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is my favorite place to stay when traveling into Rosemont for business. The hotel is fresh & clean, recently renovated and the hotel staff is always very friendly. I LOVE the bed and the workout facility is definitely above average. Having a Starbucks on the property is also great. It is also easy walking distance to the L to get downtown if you need to travel into the city for business or pleasure. Overall, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thanks so very much for the terrific % star review. I am thrilled that you received a true Westin experience.
Thanks for all the kind words about our staff and property. We really appreciate it!
I am so happy you are enjoying our new renovation. It really is fantastic.
Thanks for your loyalty and we cannot wait for your return.