“Unremarkable”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I recently did a two night get away and elected to stay at this centrally located hotel. I was disappointed when making the reservation I wasn't made aware that this hotel was under construction. I also was annoyed to find out that even though this isn't a "city" hotel there was a parking charge for each night. My aggravation was increasingly fueled by the fact that the gates you had to get in and out of were consistently not working right. At one point they were just up for the entire time. In theory, anyone who wanted to could park there for free but I was being charged.
I paid extra to be in a "newly remodeled" room, but it was nothing special. I ventured out solo for breakfast in the hotel restaurant one morning. It seemed like everyone was enjoying the buffet, but I wanted to be served so I opted for an entree from the menu. BIG mistake. It was gross and I sent it back.They took it off of my bill but really, how hard is it to get breakfast right?? I would not return to this hotel. Not a location I would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelly P
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such an honest review.
We really appreciate all your very informative feedback regarding your stay.
We strive to ensure every guest has a true Westin experience.
I truly apologize that your stay was less than perfect.
Since your stay our multimillion dollar renovation has been completed. I will admit that renovations can be very stressful. On everyone. I do apologize for any inconvenience.
Our hotel is now more beautiful than ever. Our lobby, restaurant/bar, brand new Starbucks is all
top notch.
I invite you to give us another try so we can prove to you how special we are.
Please reach out to me if I personally may assist you with anything.
I may be reached at susan.tomaselli@westin.com.
Again, thank you and I look forward to making things right.
Susan T.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Was here for a nite recently, when I had to overnite in ORD due to unforseen circumstances.

Check-in prompt, and very welcoming. Bed was very comfy, and had a great nite's rest. As usual, checked out the fitness room. Very spacious, several treadmills and ellipticals, and a good weight stack. Couple of equipment and benches....but all in very good condition, and maintained well. Had a really good workout....can't say that for the many hotels I've been in, in the last few months.

They have a Starbucks franchise in the lobby, and had my fill of java. Ordered takeout lunch at the bistro (Benchmark) - very good food for a reasonable price. Especially liked the grilled pear salad......awesome !

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better views, obviously.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such an honest, informative review regarding your recent stay at the Westin O'Hare.
I was sorry to have read that you had airline issues.
I was thrilled that you spent the night with us.
Thank you for all your kind words about our property and amenities.
We are so happy your stay was so memorable.
Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is our company's regular hotel for all business in Chicago, and I couldn't be happier with the choice. It is conveniently located near O'Hare Airport, but still has many options available for dining and entertainment. My favorite is Giordano's right next door. The staff are in a class by them selves. No problem is too big or too small for them to fix it. The concierge knows all about dining options, entertainment and transportation. On more than one occasion they have let me use their cold storage room to store my take-home frozen pizzas from Giordano's. And let me not forget the newly remodeled hotel restaurant. It is an excellent choice if you don't feel like leaving the hotel for your meals. I am always looking forward to my stays at the Westin O'Hare.

Room Tip: Even with it's close proximity to O'Hare airport there is hardly any noise noticeable in any...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so very much for writing such an outstanding review regarding your recent stay.
It is great that we are able to host your business trips.
I am thrilled that you are able to enjoy your personal time as well.
We make sure that our team treats every guest like royalty! You deserve it.
I am so happy that you love the local pizzeria conveniently located right around the corner from us. They certainly are the best.
Thank you for your lovely review and also for your loyalty.
We hope to see you before your yearly business trip. Take some time for a leisurely weekend getaway! We would love to see you.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

What can I say I love Starwood properties. The Westin O’Hare was extremely nice, I walked in thinking this is a really nice Westin. Then I quickly remembered it’s a Westin.....”this is exactly what I expected”. I spoke with a few of the employees while at the Starbucks...her passion was motorsports and his passion was running. They then asked me about my passion....just love it. Shot out to the girl at the Starbucks...she got my drink right all three days....that’s a plus because Starbucks never get my drink right. Simply said….”I enjoyed my stay”.

PS...they have an indoor pool....take your swimsuit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful 5 star review.
I am so happy that you received a true Westin experience. We try to ensure that every stay at the Westin O'Hare is a relaxing and worry free stay!
We really appreciate all the friendly feedback about our Starbucks team. They really are outstanding. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy the drinks as well as the conversation!
Thanks so much for your loyalty.It is wonderful having you part of our Starwood family.
Thanks again for all the kind words. We cannot wait for your return.
Susan T,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been to many Westins and this is one is not the cream of the crop. There is no loading or unlading in front of hotel is you are driving. There is no free WIFI except in hotel lobby, there are no mini fridges available, the room we are in is not updated. There were no instructions for the TV, which is not user friendly. The hard line connection for the computer took a call and 15 minutes to get online. There are no luggage trollies for the gueststo use, you have to use a bellhop. The water very slowly drains from the tub (about three minutes or so). No phone book, but I guess that is the trend now. No local information on Rosemont, where the hotel is located. The staff is friendly, but that does not make up for the lack of room accommodations. The rooms are spacious, but the bathrooms are tiny. Nice rain shower head and seperate makeup area. Somehow, it just does not feel like a Westin to me.

Room Tip: Not familiar enough to give tips. First night here. Rooma on west side face the Kennedy Expressway...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

I thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Westin O'Hare.
I truly apologize that you had such a disappointing stay.
We strive to ensure every guest has a rejuvenating and relaxing experieince.
I regret that we were not aware of any of your issues while you were still with us.
My hope is that you do return so we can provide you with the experience you deserve.
A true Westin Experience.
I do appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and your honest feedback.
Please reach out to me personally so I can make things right.
I am the Westin Experience Leader on property.
I can reached at susan.tomaselli@westin.com
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I can not find a single complaint about this hotel. Everything during our entire stay was perfect. I am already looking forward to going back next year. Comfortable, clean, attentive staff, good food at restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Susan T, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you so very much for the generous 5 star review!
I am thrilled that you had such a rejuvenating experience.
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you next year. Hopefully sooner!
Thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Big hotel. Friendly staff. I was upgraded to a slightly better room and everything was very good. Heavenly bed was comfy. Heavenly shower was as you'd expect. Room service was prompt. Decor was modern and clean.

I'll definitely stay here again when I have work near O'Hare.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TwoWas

I was so happy to have read that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel.
We really worked hard to make sure our guests would be happier than ever!
I am so glad you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and Shower.
I thank you for your time and loyalty and look forward to your return.